Imported Games

Started by Oniko, May 06, 2009, 08:28:52 AM

Oniko

There was a Japanese Import Games both last time I went to Fanime.  I was relaly hopping they would so up against this year as there are a few titles I'm wanting to buy.  I havnt seen anything about them coming back though, not even on the dealers list.  Anyone know if they are coming back?  I want more DS games  :'(
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

JTchinoy

Oniko are you drunk while typing this?  your english isn't what I remember it to be.  :)

Anywho, I believe you're talking about japan video games.  I don't think they're coming this year due to the economy hitting luxury purchases like import games hard.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Knightfire

That's a shame :( I just got a new DS lite and was hoping to buy a copy of SRW K.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Oniko

That is a shame, oh well.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Oniko I talked with the owners son of Japan Video games.  Due to the economy being bad this year and all, Japan Video Games will not be attending Fanime this year.  They will instead be at Anime Expo.  I will try to talk him into coming back to Fanime for next year.  Yeah alot of Fanime attendees and staff were happy that they came here as this is the last of the Import stores in California since the death of Burlingame CA, Network Video.

I will do my best to bring them back to Fanime for next year.  ;)

I am very sorry that they cannot come this year and I hope they will come back to Fanime since they themselves told me they loved the convention as of last year was their first time ever attending Fanime.  :'(
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

lyricaldanichan

There is a store in Mitsuwa that took over from when User Side was there. The carry DS/PSP/Wii/PS3 jp games. I forgot the name of the store but it is between Clover and the Ramen shop (grr there is two of them there..).. You can see the jp video game posters in the window :P

Tsubasa

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 06, 2009, 11:52:59 PM
There is a store in Mitsuwa that took over from when User Side was there. The carry DS/PSP/Wii/PS3 jp games. I forgot the name of the store but it is between Clover and the Ramen shop (grr there is two of them there..).. You can see the jp video game posters in the window :P

Santek.  They generally have a really respectable spread of import games.  I pick up things from them from time to time.  The kinds of things that I don't order online, but since it's right in front of me, I might as well.  Wish their 360 lineup was a little better, but considering how they carry JP360 stuff at all (which User's Side did not), I'm not going to complain.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

lyricaldanichan

Found the link -> http://santekshop.com/

Ah didn't realize they carry jp 360 games! sweet!

Quote from: Tsubasa on May 06, 2009, 11:58:19 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 06, 2009, 11:52:59 PM

Santek.  They generally have a really respectable spread of import games.  I pick up things from them from time to time.  The kinds of things that I don't order online, but since it's right in front of me, I might as well.  Wish their 360 lineup was a little better, but considering how they carry JP360 stuff at all (which User's Side did not), I'm not going to complain.

Tsubasa

As a tip for anyone buying JP360 games to play on a US system: the easiest way to check if the game will work is its Play-Asia entry.  Unfortunately for most, a lot of good JP games are JP-onry.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Oniko

A new store in Mitsuwa thats great! I only discovered the last one a month before it vanished but if this new one has DS games I'll be happy.  I wont be going to AX unfortunately to enjoy the imported games there but I'll check out this new Mitsuwa store.  There is a store in San Fran that will sell you imported games if you order them but its a little pricey and they wont carry it unless you order it. 
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

frumpy

PlayNTrade has been recommended to replace their spot at FanimeCon 2009. Show your love for video games & support their booth @ FanimeCon!
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99

JTchinoy

The prices hurt my eyes.  :(
Then again I'm broke.  91 for sf4? =/

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Shinsengumi

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on May 06, 2009, 10:36:22 PM
Oniko I talked with the owners son of Japan Video games.  Due to the economy being bad this year and all, Japan Video Games will not be attending Fanime this year.  They will instead be at Anime Expo.  I will try to talk him into coming back to Fanime for next year.  Yeah alot of Fanime attendees and staff were happy that they came here as this is the last of the Import stores in California since the death of Burlingame CA, Network Video.

I will do my best to bring them back to Fanime for next year.  ;)

I am very sorry that they cannot come this year and I hope they will come back to Fanime since they themselves told me they loved the convention as of last year was their first time ever attending Fanime.  :'(

Yeah it sucks that Japan Video Games are not showing up this year *Stupid Economy*
there were couple of games I wanted to play if they did showed up but ohh well better luck next year, thanks for talking to them. I;m looking of seeing them next year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

G.I.R

Quote from: frumpy on May 07, 2009, 11:45:37 AM
PlayNTrade has been recommended to replace their spot at FanimeCon 2009. Show your love for video games & support their booth @ FanimeCon!

Gotta love Play n' Trade.  I've gotten several import DS Games from my local store.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Its been a while since I have responded this thread.  Do any of you Fanime Import Gamers want JapanVideoGames Back for this year?  In the next couple of days I will be in communication with them.  I heard they moved to a new location.  Hopefully they can come this year despite this bad economy.  Just wish me luck.

Jason Estioko
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on February 16, 2010, 04:39:49 AM
Its been a while since I have responded this thread.  Do any of you Fanime Import Gamers want JapanVideoGames Back for this year?  In the next couple of days I will be in communication with them.  I heard they moved to a new location.  Hopefully they can come this year despite this bad economy.  Just wish me luck.

Jason Estioko
I WANT THEM BACK!

Sorry for the all caps but I was so disappointed last year that they weren't there!

Shinsengumi

Jason Estioko

YES!!! We all want them back this year XD.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

FanFicGuru

Jason Estioko

Yes. Tell them that there are lots of kids coming with money from their parents to buy imported DS games. DO EET!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Jelly Soup

I to would like to see JapanVideoGames return. I purchased a Wii from them two Fanime ago.

lyricaldanichan

How is the pricing from JapanVideoGames? $70-80 for PS3 or much cheaper?