Backpacks, Roller Travel Bags, Side Bags/ Carrying devices (Questions)

Started by Hikaru Kazushime, May 07, 2009, 04:25:09 PM

Hikaru Kazushime

Hello, there were a few ideas that popped into my head a few days ago, and I just wanted to ask to be sure.

I plan on doing quite the business with the Fanime Dealers, Artists, and Swap Meet Sellers, and I am most likely going to be bringing a large rolling bag, a large camping backpack, a side bag and possibly a small folding cart/or other smaller backpack.

I wasn't sure what the rules were on those things since I can imagine with all the merchandise available on tables and such. I really don't see a reason why the carrying of storage bags like backpacks and related bags would be prohibited. I was just thinking about my local store and how they don't trust anyone and take your backpack when you enter, so I didn't know if Fanime was like that.

I myself have severe scoliosis and need to have my roller bags and small side bags since I can't carry alot of plastic bags ( like what a vendor would give after buying something), especially since I plan to do alot of buying.

So are there any rules concerning backpacks? Thanks a bunch!

Kyra_Maverick

Regular backpacks should be fine. I carried one with me last year and had no problems. I'm not sure about the roller bags though. I know you aren't supposed to use dollies or hand trucks to move your goods around (say to the swap meet), but I don't know if that applies to wheeled backpacks.

SirVincent

I do not think its a good idea to have a wheeled bags, last year I saw like 5 people with them and all of them where hitting people and running over peoples feet which lead to unhappy con goers and unhappy rovers. Space is limited at con so keeping things off the ground would be good for all. also if you have to many bags with you it would be easy for you to lose things or have them stolen. If you ask the dealers they are happy to hold things for you until you can come back and get them or maybe you could get some friends to help out.
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

M

Quote from: Hikaru Kazushime on May 07, 2009, 04:25:09 PM
Hello, there were a few ideas that popped into my head a few days ago, and I just wanted to ask to be sure.

I plan on doing quite the business with the Fanime Dealers, Artists, and Swap Meet Sellers, and I am most likely going to be bringing a large rolling bag, a large camping backpack, a side bag and possibly a small folding cart/or other smaller backpack.

I wasn't sure what the rules were on those things since I can imagine with all the merchandise available on tables and such. I really don't see a reason why the carrying of storage bags like backpacks and related bags would be prohibited. I was just thinking about my local store and how they don't trust anyone and take your backpack when you enter, so I didn't know if Fanime was like that.

I myself have severe scoliosis and need to have my roller bags and small side bags since I can't carry alot of plastic bags ( like what a vendor would give after buying something), especially since I plan to do alot of buying.

So are there any rules concerning backpacks? Thanks a bunch!

As far as I know, none of what you have mentioned would be banned in the slightest. The only issue that I could see coming up is you taking up too much space in our Dealer's Room isles or video rooms and blocking numerous people around you.

Items mentioned (for referrence):
Large rolling bag
Large camping backpack
Side bag
Small folding cart
Smaller backpack
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

shogunboy

Would that be bad if you have a rolling backpack that you usually strap on the back (not using the handle)?

M

Quote from: shogunboy on May 07, 2009, 10:28:53 PM
Would that be bad if you have a rolling backpack that you usually strap on the back (not using the handle)?
I might not be understanding the question correctly, but this sounds like it wouldn't be an issue.

It would be an issue if you were purposely hitting people with the wheels somehow though :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

G.I.R

Maybe they could be peace bonded.                                                 Yes, that does seem to be my answer to everything. ;D

Seriously, Backpacks should be considered luggage.  The only questionable item may be the folding cart.