Manny Ramirez Suspended for Fifty Games.

Started by G.I.R, May 08, 2009, 01:08:38 AM

G.I.R

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/05/08/SPUU17GJQ3.DTL

And this will cost him 7.6 million dollars of his 25 Million dollar a year salary.  Any thoughts?

heeroyuy135

Eurobeat King

I see it as a chance for the Giants to catch up to the Dodgers and eventually take over 1st Place in the Division.  :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

G.I.R

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 08, 2009, 01:40:43 AM
I see it as a chance for the Giants to catch up to the Dodgers and eventually take over 1st Place in the Division.  :)
Yeah, It's  bad timing for the suspension.

I think this line summed it up:
QuoteBarry Zito's response on Twitter: "Manny's gone for 50 games, time for the Giants to capitalize."

N.E.R.V.agent220

Of all of these baseball athletes getting suspended, going to court, getting fined is tainting America's past time over illegal substances. I think it's a shame not only it is costing a quarter of the players paycheck, but also to us fans who spend our hard earn money in going to watch these games.
    As a SF Giants fan we dodged a bullet this off season in nearly signing Manny to a contract but with Brian Sabean still our GM and hasen't yet made a good sign yet this off season like a young bat that puts up good numbers or a good setup guy for B.W. this is one move that could have the media and fans criticize him about.
    Time to step up and put on a winning streak in The Mission To Take Sole Possesion of 1st place In The West

JohnnyAR