COSPLAY SCAVENGER HUNT ...anyone interested???

Started by kittymaxwell2004, May 09, 2009, 04:28:30 PM

kittymaxwell2004

My friends and I are forming a cosplay scavenger hunt! We will be the coordinatiors/Judges.  If anyone is interested in joining us, please leave a comment or reply! (Otherwise we will be doing this by ourselves! Hehehe...heh!)

We will have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners! (If we have enough people joining!!) If anyone has suggestions for cheap, fun, edible and airport friendly prize, please let us know!!

The goal of the game is to "capture" cosplay characters from various anime/ games! When I mean "capture" I mean with your digital camera, or for bonus points, ask the cosplayer to follow you back to the meeting place!

The game will last about 20 min.s! So it will be a fast game! AND REMEMBER.... NO RUNNING DURING THE GAME!! Or the con staff might see you and yell at you!! And your game will be literally "over"!!

If you're interested in participating, please get a team of 1 - 4 people, and create a team name.
(Leave a comment with the # of teammates and your team name, in this post!)

The list of characters that you need to find will be passed out when we all meet up! We will give examples and explain the rules during this time!

We think this is a great and fun way to meet new people!! ALSO, if you come by your self, don't worry, we will put you in a team!!

If you have any questions about the game feel free to reply!! And I will be happy to answer them!!

When: Friday 2 P.M (UPDATED!!!! 5-10-09)

Where: The Foutains (Look for the "COSPLAY HUNT" sign, we will be holding!)

UPDATE!!!!

As RiaMia said, you dont have to sign up if u dont want to, so if you just happen to pass by at 2:00, and see our sign, feel free to join in the game!!

azor12

This sounds full of win and awesome. I would love to contribute or join or whatever. let me aboard this win boat please?

kittymaxwell2004

Quote from: azor12 on May 09, 2009, 04:49:01 PM
This sounds full of win and awesome. I would love to contribute or join or whatever. let me aboard this win boat please?

Welcome to the awesome boat of win!!!! We're so happy you liked the idea because we didn't know if this plan would roll. Invite anyone you know to play!!!

azor12

Ill try and get on it. If you need any help let me know.

bebop

Wow creative idea. I might want to do this. Sounds fun ^_^
Awakening to otaku inside. ^-^

kittymaxwell2004

Quote from: bebop on May 09, 2009, 08:21:15 PM
Wow creative idea. I might want to do this. Sounds fun ^_^

Okay!! Just let us know if you want to play and then create a team!! Don't forget to tell us your team name if your joining!!! ^w^

Kiara

I'm in for sure. I have put together a team of 4 already. But we need to know the time and day of this before we decide if we can do it or not. So long as it's not on Saturday, we'll probably be able to.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

kittymaxwell2004

Quote from: Kiara on May 10, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
I'm in for sure. I have put together a team of 4 already. But we need to know the time and day of this before we decide if we can do it or not. So long as it's not on Saturday, we'll probably be able to.

Yay!!! I updated the time and day!! Hope that works for you!! If it does, let me know if you can join for sure and then give me your team name!!

konataFTW

yay yay yay yay yay Scavenger Hunt x3

I wanna join!!! I hearts these kinda games... makes me feel like a detective :D

(gonna be with kids or adult-kids XD)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

azor12

Woot! This sounds like a blast on Friday! i cant wait

elfgirlkaname

I would love to play!!
my sister will play as well
and some of my room-mates might play as well!!

this sounds like so much fun!! :D

RiaMia89

Update!!!!!

Hey it's Ria! Just one of the Judges...coordinators...w/e

this is cool! I'm glad we have plenty of people that want join this escapade...well...it's not a reckless adventure...but escapade is my word of the day...anyways

Just letting people know that this isn't an RSVP event.

If anyone is in the area, see's our huge sign and wants to just jump in, feel free to do so!!!

And if anyone has any good ideas about the prizes let us know. They just have to be cheap, fun or edibale and airport friendly!

Thanks!  ;D
~Heck yes!

azor12

Will keep that in mind, If you still need any help, I would be glad to assist as well

Jerry

Shouldnt this be in the cosplay gatherings section?

This sub forum is for non-cosplay related gatherings.

Mizuki - or any other mod? move request please?
We should really re-name the subforum as " Non-cosplay Meetings, Gatherings, And Get Togethers "
:P

I'm sorry Mizuki, but i guess ppl dont read the stickys...

Thanks. :)

back on topic though, sounds like fun, though I'll probably work for staff, you crazy cosplayers have fun. :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

kittymaxwell2004

Quote from: Jerry on May 11, 2009, 02:04:12 PM

We should really re-name the subforum as " Non-cosplay Meetings, Gatherings, And Get Togethers "

back on topic though, sounds like fun, though I'll probably work for staff, you crazy cosplayers have fun. :)

This is not really a "cosplay gathering". It's just people "getting together" to play a game. There is no specific anime cosplay, that is "gathering" here. When we put up the post, we didn't think it belonged in "cosplay gatherings" cause there is no, like I said, specific gathering here. I understand your point, and if it needs to be moved then so be it. Thank you so much for letting me know!! I will post it some where else, if you can't move it!

RiaMia89

Quote from: kittymaxwell2004 on May 11, 2009, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Jerry on May 11, 2009, 02:04:12 PM

This is not really a "cosplay gathering". It's just people "getting together" to play a game. There is no specific anime cosplay, that is "gathering" here. When we put up the post, we didn't think it belonged in "cosplay gatherings" cause there is no, like I said, specific gathering here. I understand your point, and if it needs to be moved then so be it. Thank you so much for letting me know!! I will post it some where else, if you can't move it!

Kitty you should have just left the original. It was better! =P I sure as hell like it. And it doesn't need to be moved. It's not a cosplay gathering.

It's people gathering to play a game to hunt for cosplayers. Not cosplayers gathering. Hope that makes it clear. You think we made it clear in our very first post but I guess no one reads the whole thing either.
~Heck yes!

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

GyzmoAlchemist

oops, guess this is where I'm supposed t'post!  ;)

Again, sounds great, and if I end up coming Friday I'll be all over this!

Jerry

ah, i stand corrected.

a non cosplay related gathering, tho cosplayers are welcomed.

fair enough, yet somewhat confusing :P

thanks for clearing it up tho.

again hope you crazy fangirls have fun. :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Phantomhive.LolitaKei

I WANT IN!

PS. if u see a short er.. 12 year old looking girl. be prepared to get dragged off...and No...i'm not 12... jeez ==' a kick to my chibi pride...i'm not a midget either...
NYAPPY! o(≧∀≦)o
R☆ck Hard & L♥ve Easy.
----------------------------------
Artist, Cosplayer, Model

websites/places to contact me at......
Tumblr:myobiyuki.tumblr.com
DeviantArt: crossdemonization.deviantart.com