IIDX TOURNEY (TROOPERS OR GOLD?)

Started by Khaistyle, May 09, 2009, 10:03:32 PM

Which one would you rather I run the tournament on?

IIDX 15th Style DJ Troopers
1 (25%)
Obviously superior IIDX GOLD
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Khaistyle

OK

Before I get down to the nuts and bolts, I just wanted to express
why I'd rather run the tournament on GOLD rather than TROOPERS:

Don't like DJT because
1) DJ Troopers has stupid black anothers. They're difficult in stupid ways, and its a constant reminder of why I hate IIDX now.
(LOLOL EVERYTHING IS A 12.)
2) I wasn't a fan of the song selection on DJT, most of the songs (save ICARUS and Digitank System) were very very forgettable.
3) The CS songs weren't THAT great.

I like GOLD because
1) We ALSO didn't have it last year (just Happy Sky and DistorteD)
2) Good variety of songs (and good revivals), fun charts.
3) The CS songs, oh my god. GOLDEN CROSS, BITCHES!
4) Did I mention GOLDEN CROSS?

If anyone has an educated opinion on Troopers over GOLD thats not "It's the new mix," I'll happily debate it. (I'm looking at you, John 8))

***TENTATIVE TOURNAMENT RULES***

Similar to the format I've used in previous tournaments, it goes as follows:

Double elimination,
Qualifier song determines seeding/brackets (song will be chosen by me day of tournament)

*****CONTROLLERS WILL BE PROVIDED, WE HAVE KOCS BUT I WILL TRY TO PROVIDE ASCS IF THATS MORE DESIRABLE*****

Regarding mods:

*****RANDOM AND SUDDEN+ ARE ALLOWED AND HEAVILY ENCOURAGED*****

*****HARD MODE IS FINE TOO, BUT IF YOU FAIL MID-SONG THATS THE SCORE YOU TAKE*****

No Easy Mode
No Autoscratch
No 5key
No Srandom/Random+ (if you REALLY want to use S-random and both players agree to it I'll try and work it out.)
No Regul speed

Anything else seems ok with me, if you want to turn BG vids off, go ahead, AAA EX counter, fine too. As long as it doesn't compromise
the fairness of a match its cool.

Rounds will go something like this:
After seeding/brackets have been done, players will go head to head (1 tv per player) and play 2 songs. Each player
will get to choose one of the two songs played (difficulty of songs depends on the round.) After each song is played I'll record
the scores (DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING AND MOVE OUT OF THE SCREEN THAT SHOWS YOUR SCORE I WILL BE ANGRY/EMO/BUTTHURT AND I DONT WANT ANY DO-OVERS.) Both scores from each player will be added up, and the person with the most EX points wins, loser goes to loser's bracket. In the loser's bracket, winner advances, loser is eliminated. In the rare event of a tie or some other weird mixup, I'll get creative 8) 

Difficulty of songs are as follows:
*****REALISTICALLY THE LOWEST DIFFICULTY OF SONG YOU CHOOSE SHOULD BE 8s*****

Qualifier will most likely be a 9 on hyper

1st round:
Capped at 10s

2nd round:
Capped at 11s

3rd round/semi finals/etc:
Anything goes, enjoy your 12s.

Finals: A custom course of my personal favorites, top score takes 1st place 8)

I like this style because I want each player to play their best game, what better than to let them pick the songs?
That way if you get slammed on your opponent's song choice, you have a chance to fight back with your best song.

OH YEAH PRIZES ARE COMING GUYS, NOT LIKE LAST YEAR. TO BE DETERMINED :O

(P.S I owe Kay0ss & CHKN prizes from a mixup last year, come see me or Richard in private)
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

AmazingKenchan

Hi I'm Kenchan an I approve this message.

Prizes will be present, I'm bringing some stuff from my personal stash.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Zerocide

I'D SAY USE 4TH STYLE FOR THE TOURNAMENT AND HAVE GOBBLE 14KEY BE THE FINAL SONG.
Check 1

Toki

There should be a one handed tourney >_> I'll own everyone, lisu style.

But the hardest I can play is tens(tentative) so I don't think I'll be entering.

But perhaps speculating *_* Are there really enough good IIDX players to have a tournament?

Toki

btw

Golden Cross. Doesn't need to say anymore.

Khaistyle

Quote from: Toki on May 10, 2009, 10:07:49 PM
But perhaps speculating *_* Are there really enough good IIDX players to have a tournament?

Back in the day, yes. *thinks about good old days (circa 2000-2004)* I don't play anymore otherwise I'd include myself. But hey, 2 years ago I had all but a few 11s and a handful of the 12s AAA'd (Not sure how good that is anymore what with people bragging about AAing black anothers and shit.) There's still a few players greater than I lying around, though. Kay0ss and CHKN (both california local) are still playing to my knowledge, and there's still a trickle of players catching up, but the pipeline is so small now.

To me, IIDX is a completely different game now compared to what is was in the beginning up until a few years ago.
I feel like its going the way of DDR, downhill at an alarming rate.
(the whole LOL EVERYTHING IS A HARD 12 now just completely turns me off) I'm happy I retired when I did.
And I'm a little heartbroken that VJ Army is closing too, but like when NNR shutdown, I still have the pics and the memories.
*manly tears*  :'(

If you're still playing bemani for score, I hope you're having fun as well. Without the fun there is no community.

NekoMiki

What about Jive Into the Night :<

Hopefully only kay0ss and some other super awesome player show up so I can take third, haha.

Khaistyle

Quote from: NekoMiki on May 11, 2009, 05:06:51 PM
What about Jive Into the Night :<

Hopefully only kay0ss and some other super awesome player show up so I can take third, haha.

ITS NO BATTLE BREAKS BUT I LIKE IT

Toki

I don't think I really want to play any more than tens cuz I don't think I would like having carpal tunnel or arthritus. I really enjoy 2DX, and although Troopass isn't my favorite I think it's okay, and I'm really looking foreward to Empress too *_*Then again, I like pink and princesses almost as much as I like pretending to be a DJ so if you put those things together it's pretty much gonna be a win for me.

And uh... LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLOLOLL@ VJARMY

Seriously. Fuck I'm in class right now. Can't stop laughing.

As to community... I was never on bemanistyle but I check it almost everyday. but Eddie was like "Post on my site biznitch" so I guess thats what I'll do.

Never felt the need to sign up cuz I'm just a loli from Kansas.

Khaistyle

Spiritsnare

GOLDEN CROSS, BITCHES

今日の         
将棋
epic progressive

vox

SuperChowMix

OniCourseMusha

Dude I made a flash using the song Golden Cross!  Awesomeness!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Zerocide

Ehhh, personal tastes in music tell me that Troopers is better then Gold. But given that I know for a fact that I listen to and like shitty music, I think Gold would satisfy the bunches

Oh and Vox up is superior to Golden Cross.

*runs for the hills*
Check 1

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

Zerocide

Quote from: Spiritsnare on May 12, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
Quote from: Zerocide on May 12, 2009, 07:31:11 PM
Oh and Vox up is superior to Golden Cross.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

If it's anything, Watercube takes the cake for greatest CS song ever.

As for the tourny, how about implementing that rule where you can only chose a song once against any one player through out the tournament. That way someone can't just get super good at oh lets say, FAXX and get an auto win everytime it's his/her turn to choose a song
Check 1

Khaistyle

Yeah, that's a good point.

So you know, I'm also going to implement a no duplicate pick rule. If one player selects a song on you, then you shouldn't be able to use the exact same song on them that round. Its not DDR though, so I don't think we'll have a bunch of scrubs picking Holic or V heavy on one another over and over ;) I'll make updates tonight.

Spiritsnare

I totally forgot what the best part of GOLD CS was, which is the phrase SOMEBODY SAY OH YEAHUH you better be using that BGM for maximum hype.

Also I just realized that you need kay0ss and chickensnack to contact ya - did you contact them already or should I do that for you? I know John's probably going to show up...
epic progressive

vox

Khaistyle