Schools on Friday? (May 22, 2009)

Started by konataFTW, May 11, 2009, 08:22:54 PM

konataFTW

I dunno if this is the right forum but I am asking if there is school on friday? Some of my teachers say there isn't because the dance is on the 21st and all projects are due that day, although in my planner there IS school... so I am asking does anyone else have school on friday? (lol since Karaoke Contest is on friday it's soo... XD)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

TC X0 Lt 0X

I do.
Not going though.

We can assume it differs for each school however.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

I do.

But I'm ditching during lunch. o:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

kollunz

I have a final that morning, from 8 till 10, then I'll hop on the cal train down to san jose right afterward!
doot

otakuya

Um, school IS important, you know. Especially this time of year when there's finals and papers due before Memorial Day weekend, and last day of classes that happen to be Fanime Friday.
I don't have classes myself on Friday this year, so I can go all days this time.

Last year was different, because my graduation and convocation ceremonies were that Friday and Saturday. Even though I was missing some Fanime activities, it was a once in a lifetime event I could not miss...then Fanime that night. ;D

BumbleB

My school play I have be in charge of props for is that day. :P I'm just going to miss Friday. But yeah say that you have to go to an "appointment"
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Otakuya on May 11, 2009, 08:46:01 PM
Um, school IS important, you know. Especially this time of year when there's finals and papers due before Memorial Day weekend, and last day of classes that happen to be Fanime Friday.
I don't have classes myself on Friday this year, so I can go all days this time.

Last year was different, because my graduation and convocation ceremonies were that Friday and Saturday. Even though I was missing some Fanime activities, it was a once in a lifetime event I could not miss...then Fanime that night. ;D
Um... maybe for college....
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Kyra_Maverick

For high school or middle school, unless you have finals or its your senior year, you can usually miss that Friday. Finals are really hard to make up for around this time and seniors have all sorts of projects and ceremonies to deal with.   

BrightHeart76

My school has class that day.

However, the great part of being a teacher is not having to do make up tests.   ;D

The best part of being a computer teacher is I don't even need a substitute. 

I'm ditching...the 6th graders are on their own, the classroom teachers will have to guide them.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

SSX

No school M/W/F only T/TH but I have work so I'll be heading down after that... =|

Yukari Kaiba

thankfully I'm taking all Humanities classes this semester, which means my finals are all papers that are due at the end of this week (meaning I don't have to be here next week for finals). So I'll actually be able to go to Day Zero for the first time ever ;D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Eboni ninja

Last final is the Wednesday before the con but I'm gonna be scrambling to finish my costumes, but I'm gonna try to make it to Day Zero.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

Jerry

every school system is a bit different, elementary, middle, high school and colleges.

from the sounds of it most school in the area [let along California] will most likely still have classes in session.

most of the college campuses will most likely be going thru finals around that same time frame.

a few lucky SJSU students [if planning goes correctly] should be done with finals/classes/papers/etc before Thursday's preview night.

Most stuff doesnt really "open" up until A) the opening ceremonies or B) the dealer's room opens up.

otherwise, pretty much everyone cuts school because they feel like it.

Thanks to fanime we probably cause 17,000+ delinquents... that includes ppl with day jobs... *cough cough* like me
:)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

konataFTW

sigh... unfortunately I think we do have homework since my Algebra teacher gave us homewok on that day >_< but she said I still have to ask some othe teachers if there is scool because she also doesn't know (oh my I love her soo much <3)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

PrincessCake

it depends on what school you go too. I'm not going to school that day.
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

BumbleB

Grrr my school's open house is that night...  >:(
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Kimiko

My kids' school is open on Friday in the east bay, but I'm letting them miss the day as we're going to Fanime on Thursday.. And anyways, they get good grades, so I'm not worried :D And their Star Testing was this past week, so they are good to go!
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Pengin-san

Well, I don't have finals that week, but my school is intense.  They absolutely refuse to let people miss school.  Some peoples' schools are different.  Would I like to miss school?  Yes.  But my school would just kill me.  Early college schools... they're too uptight :/.

I mean I never got excused absences in two of my classes when I was hit by a car -___-.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

konataFTW

Quote from: Kimiko on May 12, 2009, 08:39:07 PM
My kids' school is open on Friday in the east bay, but I'm letting them miss the day as we're going to Fanime on Thursday.. And anyways, they get good grades, so I'm not worried :D And their Star Testing was this past week, so they are good to go!

ooooh me tooo!!! I'm a Bulldog (lol that's a clue enough XD) and star testing was last week (ugh I hate History T_T) but since I have 4.0 I really want to skip school... god I have to ask my teachers tomorrow >_<
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Barnes

If all goes well, I won't have to go on Thurs. the 21st at all. My Friday is totally free anyway.  ;D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes