Tekken 6 BR novice/ amateur league

Started by JTchinoy, May 13, 2009, 01:18:23 AM

JTchinoy

I've recently come across the concept of a tournament series/ league to help everyone who's ever fancied themselves a competitive Tekken player or wants to become competitive.  The tournament series has been named by Socal, its creator, the LUYG (Level up your game) tournaments.

I'm looking for feedback on anyone in this forum who would be interested and would enter such a tournament league.  It's a generally accepted fact that when the difference between an amateur and competitive fighting game player of any sort is the difference between day and night, amateurs shy away from the thought of being competitive.  This league is to bridge that gap by being a competitive scene for the amateurs and newer players.  It will run on the exact same rules as a normal Tekken tournament, but the facilitators (myself and my colleagues) will be banned from the tournament as well as anyone we deem too skilled for the league.  We will, however, be watching the tournament and will be there to offer advice to those who seek it.  This will give the newer players a chance to shine and be put in an environment that promotes improvement through the desire to beat other players within the league.

If you'd be interested in joining the LUYG tournaments, let me know. :)  I represent the Norcal region of Tekken players and thus we'd be considered the LUYG Norcal section.  If you're in socal, please go to iamtekken.com to find more information on when their LUYG tournaments will be held.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

Yeah I guess I'd be interested since I'm not playing SF4 or Blaz and I wanna play just for Sheep Stage, but Bronson's a jerk and won't teach me.

JTchinoy

When we start scheduling tourney dates, feel free to come through!
Like I said, we cap tournament entries to those we consider amateurs and below.  Anyone higher is restricted to our normal tournaments.
Judgment of skill is of course objective and not bias towards people we like/ dislike.  :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Silent One

I really want a Tekken 6 BR novice league. I am okay in Tekken 5 DR but not Tekken 6 BR. Actually, it would be great if there is a novice league for all games.

JTchinoy

For anyone interested, we had our first LUYG tournament last month.
We're having our next tournament this saturday, the 25th at 2pm at SVGL.

I made a group on Facebook where I'll be updating results and tournament dates, so feel free to join. :)
look up LUYG tournament on Facebook and it should be the first result.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

rude32

Wow I would also like to join as well. Need to improve in my Tekken skills.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

JTchinoy

come through tomorrow :)
and join the fb group too.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X