Questions regarding Fairmont Hotel

Started by Omata, May 14, 2009, 01:59:02 PM

Omata

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the hotel called "Fairmont":
1. Can I hook up a game system to the TV?
2. Is there an EMPTY mini-fridge?
3. Is it possible to have pizza delivered to said hotel? If not, what're some alternatives to eating pizza?
4. Is it really a 5 minute walk to the convention from the hotel?

Thank you kindly.

Kyra_Maverick

I've never stayed at the Fairmont, so I don't know about the TVs.
As for fridges, I believe the only hotel that has them is the Hilton.
Most hotels will let you get a pizza delivered as long as its before the doors lock and you need a key to get in.
If you want to eat pizza out, there is a Pizza My Heart up the street. I believe its on Second St., but I can double check.
If you're a slow walker, then maybe 5 minutes. I can get there in about 3.

Kender

Some hotels are very picky about what pizza places deliver so you'll want to check with the hotel directly about that.  I've never been to a hotel yet that didn't allow at least a couple chains to deliver.  Also, as far as I'm aware (in regards to the other reply about the doors locking), I don't remember any of these hotels, or any other hotels I've been to, locking their front doors no matter what time it is.  Particularly since Fanime is one of the few cons that does not shut down at night.  The only doors that would be key access only would be side entrances that, if I recall, are always key access only anyways.  A pizza delivery person is going to use the front door ;)

I only remember that back in 2004, the con center shut down at night for out of the ordinary reasons, but all hotels were still open and video rooms still going.

In any case, you're still limited by delivery times and as those never run terribly late you're probably good XD.  Definitely check with hotel, though, about which ones they allow.

Also, I second Pizza My Heart.  It is very delicious if you've never had it before (think NY style meets California style).  It's right down San Carlos St from the con center (heading towards SJ State).  It takes no time at all to get there.  I'd recommend calling ahead, though, if you're ordering a whole pizza because it is always packed.  Also a good spot to get a slice or two if you don't want to get a whole pizza.

Warning: Their soda machine seems to run out of ice EVERY YEAR T_T

Anywho, speaking of cold drinks, I believe I saw a fridge in the room I visited.  But I can't answer an affirmative they're in every room.  I do remember the friends staying in the room complaining it had stuff in it, though.  I'd call ahead to ask or, if you have the room, go ahead and bring an ice chest to con to keep things cold in.  And same for hooking up games to the TV, call and ask.  I know the Marriott does (or did in the room I visited) and supposedly this was an included update in the renovations Hilton just did to their room.

And yes, it's a very short walk.  Although timing depends on crowds, your walking speed, and crosswalk lights.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

The Crypt

i'm concerned about the fridge thing myself also if they have a microwave or a coffee maker? 
Its the 21st century CURE!!

Kyra_Maverick

It's highly unlikely that they will have a microwave. However, I'm positive they will have a coffee maker in the room.

CHINDY

found this on the san jose fairmont hotel website.

Common Amenities
All guest rooms at The Fairmont San Jose offer the following amenities:

* Air conditioning with individual climate control     
    * Alarm clock-radio     
    * Bathrobes                                   
    * Cable television with in-room pay movies which enables guests to:
          o watch newly released blockbuster movies (between $10 and $14 USD plus tax per movie)
          o view their account balance and check-out from their room
    * Iron and ironing board                                   
    * Mini-bar (automated)       
    * In-Room Coffee Makers                                     
    * Bathroom Amenities
          o Bath scale
          o Hair dryer
          o Separate walk-in shower and tub
          o Telephone
    * In-Room Business Amenities
          o Computer dataport                       
          o High Speed Internet access ($13.95 USD per day- Complimentary for Fairmont President's Club Members)
          o Telephone (multi-line) with voice-mail
          o Work Desk

Amenities on Request
The following amenities may be available in selected guest rooms. Please indicate the request when making your on-line hotel reservation at The Fairmont San Jose, or ask one of our reservation agents.

* CD players  (South Tower rooms only)
    * Connecting rooms
    * Crib
    * Fax machines
    * In-room safes (South Tower rooms only)
    * Mini-refrigerator ($25 USD per day)
    * Rollaway beds  ($25 USD per day)
    * Windows that open to the outside (Main Building rooms only) 

Roguethe

I had a suite there last year.
No fridge or Microwave. There was a small coffee maker.
There was an ice bucket and cups.
The TV had exponents for a console, but you have to pay extra for internet.

As for pizza, I'm not sure. But Pizza My Heart is a short walk.
And as said previously, I takes about 3 mins for me.

I draw sometimessss

jeanlerymg

I believe hotels must purchase vending machines for the comfort of their costumers. Soda machines must be more upgraded and they should maintain the ice in it. More likely, coffee vending machine is better than a coffee-maker.