Autograph Sessions?

Started by milkmandan, May 14, 2009, 06:00:51 PM

milkmandan

I have no idea if this belongs here. if it doesn't, please move it.

Anyways, i am excited Halko Momoi is making a come back to California, after the TERRIBAD at AX.
I am wondering how the autograph situation usually is for guests of honor at Fanime.

is the autograph session for Halko Momoi going to be something I am going to have to line up for 18 hours prior?

Shinigamiyoko

Quote from: milkmandan on May 14, 2009, 06:00:51 PM
I have no idea if this belongs here. if it doesn't, please move it.

Anyways, i am excited Halko Momoi is making a come back to California, after the TERRIBAD at AX.
I am wondering how the autograph situation usually is for guests of honor at Fanime.

is the autograph session for Halko Momoi going to be something I am going to have to line up for 18 hours prior?

I would also like to know the answer to this question...

Getting Momoi's autograph is really my only goal for Monday (I think she's doing an autograph session starting at 11AM, it looks like?)

I assume that like the main events, autograph sessions don't necessarily give priority to those who attended her panel (Or, maybe I hope not, because I can't go Friday or Saturday >_>;;  )

milkmandan

wait judging by the schedule, isn't Haruko's autograph session on Saturday? noon?

but yeah. i take it fanime autograph sessions are not like AX. i would hate it, if it were.

tenton

Quote from: milkmandan on May 15, 2009, 10:05:22 AM
wait judging by the schedule, isn't Haruko's autograph session on Saturday? noon?
The schedule has both times down; Noon on Saturday and 11am on Sunday.

milkmandan

is there an autograph policy for Haruko this year?
Certain things she can sign? shikishi? anything?

tenton

Quote from: milkmandan on May 15, 2009, 04:45:00 PM
is there an autograph policy for Haruko this year?
Certain things she can sign? shikishi? anything?

In the past, she's signed everything presented to her; travel bags, shirts, PowerGloves, camera lenses, the shirt on your back, Happi coats, etc.

shy-cosplayer

I want to know if it's ticketed or not....

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

The good thing about Fanime compared to Anime Expo is that its very easy to get any kind of autograph no matter how popular the guest of honor is.  I have been going to Fanime for 9 years already and I have never seen the Autograph session ticketed.  The only part of Fanime that attendees will have trouble with is trying to attend the meet the guests reception.

The last Seiyuu that came to Fanime was Asami Sanada who did Dejiko from Digi Charat and is now busy doing the Voice of the advisor (music teacher) Sawako Sensei from the most popular anime in japan at the moment K-ON!

Looking around the boards I hardly find people talk about Haruko Momoi due to the fact most of the posters in Fanime are casual fans that do not know very much about Japanese Seiyuu.

I am not sure how big the Fandom is in the bay area yet I hope she has a good fandom here as I am looking forward to see how much die hard Fanime Otaku know her.

Of all my years of going has never seen Fanime restrict how many items the guest of honor can sign.  So I doubt you will have a hard time getting her autograph compared to a big named Guest of Honor Seiyuu at Anime Expo.

I myself loved her as Utamaru from Da Capo and Seto from Seto no Hanayome.  ^_^  I am so looking forward to going to her panel and meeting her in person at the autograph session.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Mordyan

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on May 16, 2009, 03:51:54 PM
I have been going to Fanime for 9 years already and I have never seen the Autograph session ticketed. 

Of all my years of going has never seen Fanime restrict how many items the guest of honor can sign.
Actually last year Fanime ticketed the An Cafe signing and were limiting everyone to 1 item. I know because I was a lucky ticket winner. I think there was only 200 tickets? Can't remember for sure.

The good news is that this year there has been no mention of tickets. Though they may limit the number of items if the line gets too long. They want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to have something signed.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

sunrise-oasis

okay i understand about her but I also wanted to know if there are other people doing autograph sessions as well (like the voice actors of resident evil)

Tony

They are. Check the schedule! They typically occur in the Hilton rooms, though.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014