First Year Making Art For Fanime

Started by shewolf777, May 15, 2009, 12:25:00 PM

shewolf777

Hi, I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong area. I don't know exactly where to say this.

I am in the final stages of making some traditionally based and digitally based artwork for my table this year, and I was wondering if any experienced artists know of any cheap place to get copies and prints of artwork that are 11x17 inches.

Thank you so much for any help!

Shewolf

Kaiami

I don't know if I'm much of a help, since this will be my first year making prints.
I've been told that Staples makes 11x17 prints for $1.98, which is the cheapest I've heard of.
I checked a few other places like Walgreens and Costco, but bigger sizes aren't all too cheap.

Overall, I think that Staples and Office Depot are pretty good places to get bigger prints
I'm going to head over to print some this weekend
Wish you luck with your printing! C:

Althena

It might sound like the 'devil' trip.. but if you do not have the ability to get a hold of an offset printer for a decent price, I would suggest checking out a Kinko's.
An 11x17 print will be 1.78/each.

Just make sure you go in with your files on a disk and that they print it on the machines that are NOT self-serve. The paper they put on the self serve is low quality, and in my experience, they do not deal with tuning and color calibration nearly as much as their larger printers behind the counter.

Honestly, I find that heading out to a 24hr. Kinko's around midnight gets you the graveyard shift people and they are normally very awesome and unless there is a GIANT job going on, they'll take care of you right away. Though, I live in the Sacramento area, so it might just be because it is a 24hr suburb Kinko's.

Also, keep in mind,  if you are not using an offset printer, you'll have about a 1/4" white border where the printers will not be able to print... That would apply to the copy machines at Staples, Office Depot and Kinko's.
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

Cole

Be areful when using Kinko's, most are reinstating a no copyright policy (ie no fanart either).