NON ANIME COSTUME! OMG? >_< (1st fanime)

Started by bsan89, May 15, 2009, 05:56:11 PM

bsan89

This is my 1st time to Fanime or any anime convention what so ever!
I'm extremely excited after countless months of studies. (SJSU)

Although I'm a bit out of tune with anime. Hoping this will inspire me to get into it again.
Last year for Halloween I made a "Killzone 2: Helghast Elite" Costume.

I know its not a "anime" costume. So if i bring it, is that a no no? LOL.
I think I seen Darth Vader at my friend picture from the east coast anime convention. lol.

Also I'm a bit confuse with the weapon policy.
I've mod the gun a bit. I left the orange tip just in case...

My gun is a "Famus Airsoft" rifle. I took out all the bb & batterys.
Its also painted a faded gray. I don't airsoft anymore. Can I paint over my orange tip?
And bring it to Anime as a prop with my costume?

Last but NOT least. if there's any improvement with my costume please suggest! ^^

Trumby

Non anime costumes are just fine. I'm bringing my Snowtrooper (from Empire Strikes Back) with me. Though the gun won't be allowed, as it is against the prop policy:

QuoteGuns and projectile weapons of any kind are not permitted.  Examples of guns and projectile weapons include, but are not
limited to, live guns, live gun replicas, pellet, BB, airsoft, dart, water, blowguns, or crossbows. 
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Rodney_Pheonix

I don't think there's a problem with non anime cosplays. I'm going to be a Fremen from Dune, sans blue within blue eyes (contacts just cost too much). As for the Airsoft, I don't think one that could be made to function is allowable. I'm waiting back on a response from the rovers, about an airsoft I gutted completely, leaving the slide and magazine being the only movable parts for my Snake cosplay.

as for painting over the tip, that's a bit problem, cause the SJPD'd likely shoot you, as that look'd look like an actual assault weapon... not to mention the whole deal of looking like your dressed to kill.

Also, nice Helghast cosplay, I'd consider cosplaying as a Combine Soldier if I had the right stuff for said cosplay.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

bsan89

Thanks for the reply!

A big disappointment with my airsoft gun but I understand.
I guess all the pix I seen was all "rubber/fom" weapons.
I don't think I can create another weapon in 1 week. lol.
I guess I'll bring my HD Camera & lots of $

bsan89

Uh, actually I don't think anybody would imminently recognize who I am without my gun.
Anybody have an alternative for a "APPROVE" gun to Fanime?

XpHoBiaX

I was dressed as a Predator last year, and this year I made a gun arm and painted up some water pistols. I have to take a few pics when I get home to show. ;) They're not like totally awesome...but I like doing different things. At least until I move and have adequate spacing to cast and mold things I want to make.

I really like that gun btw....*steals* >_>

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??