Ticket/Cosplay/Question for 1st timer.

Started by bsan89, May 15, 2009, 06:10:40 PM

bsan89

Hello,

My name is Binh Thach.
I'm 19 years old going 20 on june 29. ^^
Again just like countless post below I apologize if this question is answer many many times.

This will be my 1st time going to any sort of convention what so ever. I can't wait dress up in my costume &
bring my camera along for the biggest event in my life time! I'm usually a uneventful person as I put my education above
everything else in my life.

I plan to bring over 10 ppl with me on Saturday. My question is:

*I want to get Saturday [1] day pass ticket ASAP. When can I do it? Thursday? Friday? Online?
(Can I stand in-line Thursday/Friday/ for Saturday ticket?)
*When the best time to come to Fanime on Saturday? Afternoon or morning or at night?

I'am actually organizing this event for my friends, I need to get the ticket ahead of time as we will arrive together.
This is extremely important to me as my friends haven't truly hang out for many months after a close friend pass away in December of last year.
In fact a few of them I have not seen I've graduated High-School. I'm extremely greatful for an event such like these to bring us together.

ewu

Binh,

Unfortunately we only sell memberships for the day the day of. Because the memberships are valid till 8AM the next morning, we can not sell them early and minimize the value of the memberships purchased the day before.

Because this is the case I would recommend you arrive on Saturday as early as possible. I have heard many stories of the connections made while waiting in line. but also see it as an opportunity to warm up with your frineds in anticipation of a wonderful experience at Fanime.

If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.

Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bsan89

Is it possible for me to Arrive Friday & Buy all weeken pass? $60? Would that work?

Over half of them is planning to go on sunday on their own.

Edit: BTW how early does Saturday open for tickets??
What time do u suggest I get there???

ewu

The hours are 8-8 Friday to Sunday. You can most definitely come on Friday to pick up a full weekend membership. If any of you intend to go for more than two consecutive days, it is cheaper to grab the full weekend.

I would say 7:30 or 7:45...the lines don't get long until 8:30 or 9, but it is often different every year.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bsan89

Much thanks! You guys are so awesome!

Gah! 60$ x 10 ppl = $600 on my credit card ouch!
But for the experience with my friends, thats a price I can live with!  :D

bsan89

Oh please forgive me!
I forgot 1 important question.

*Whats the policy on buying ticket for your friend. I'm going to stand in-line by myself.
Planning to buy all-weekend or maybe just 1 day pass.

I have 10 adult & 1 child under 10. (hes my nephew & hes only 9.)

ewu

That, you may not do. 1) you need to enter ALL the information for each person and correctly 2) we check IDs but not as stringent as pre-reg and 3) they must sign the code of conduct individually.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bsan89

:(

So there's no way I can buy tickets for my friends?
I promise them I get them ticket.
Not have them wait in line & pay for their own.

Can they register & I pay for all their ticket?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: bsan89 on May 16, 2009, 12:24:00 AM
:(

So there's no way I can buy tickets for my friends?
I promise them I get them ticket.
Not have them wait in line & pay for their own.

Can they register & I pay for all their ticket?

Just like Ewu said. They have to be there to get their own ticket and signing the conduct.

Kyra_Maverick

They'll have to stand in line with you to register themselves, but you can still pay for them.