Former 2014 Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List ~ ~

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

How did you get your 2013 Cosplayer Gatherings &/or Events information?

Fanime Forums
63 (91.3%)
Gatherings Info Boards
30 (43.5%)
Gatherings & Events Table
17 (24.6%)
BsGatherings on Twitter!
1 (1.4%)
The Cosplayer Hangout!
4 (5.8%)
Word of Mouth
13 (18.8%)
I Caught Them ALL!
4 (5.8%)
None of the above
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Yuu

Eh.. I'm a total newb to running a photoshoot. ( Just kinda took over after our former organizer dissapeared)

There's soo much information to keep track of Kowaida. Hopefully i have time to figure it out.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

BSaphire

Quote from: Yuu on November 23, 2009, 03:33:26 PM
  Eh.. I'm a total newb to running a photoshoot. ( Just kinda took over after our former organizer dissapeared)

There's soo much information to keep track of Kowaida. Hopefully i have time to figure it out.
@Yuu: Just work on the thread for now. The gathering will work out just fine. Keep checking back for updates to any of the first three posts here so that you are aware of any changes. If you have a question just ask. You can always pm me too. ^^)

For Everyone Else: The first post was updated!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

EJAY420

we should have backgrounds for the gatherings. Maybe create something similar to whatever gathering at the time.
Most Impressive.

luluuxduplica1223

I hate my memory.

BSaphire, Did I send the Pokemon Gatherings PM yet about the date and time? I thought I did, but I can't remember anymore. o.o

If not, I'll send it right away. (I learned my lesson. Last year was crazy. x.x )
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

BSaphire

@EJAY420: Though this would be nice to have, the gatherings are run by the cosplayers/attendees and not Fanime. I have talked with different Fanime departments about setting up something for photos, but the gatherings can get to big for a standard background. The area's where the gatherings take place are pretty nice so most of us are happy with that ^^)

@luluuxduplica1223: Yes you did on the 16th of January. ^^) All the info was posted with it. I will post the big gatherings first and then go through the submissions.

Yeah last year was crazy  :o with 65 gatherings and 17 cosplayer events. 08 had 66 gatherings with 11 cosplayer events. This year looks to be around 60 gatherings give or take.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

RyuSan777

hope im posting in the right place?
i would like to have the host club gathering on the hilton side of the foutains like last year on the 4 o'clock block on day one
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

bahamutknightzero

Hey there B,

Got myself a bit of a quandary (don't even know if that's the right word for this). Now I know that there is both a SNK vs Capcom Gathering and a Fighting Game Gathering going on Friday, but I've seen in the topics that there are people that aren't able to make it on those days. I was wondering if it was possible for me to create and run a 2nd Capcom vs SNK gathering for those cosplayers/people that aren't able to make the first gathering (kind of similar to what happened in 2008 where that exact situation happened and a unofficial 2nd gathering was setup and done on a Sunday)? I did get the OK from the Capcom vs SNK Gathering organizer via the Fanime board in the Cosplay.com forums, so all I need is a reply from you.

Thank you in advance.

Yuu

I know that were supposed to wait for the ginormous gatherings to pick their times but just how long do we wait?- i mean are they given a certain amount of days? Or do we just wait until they have all chosen a time?

BSaphire

QuoteNow I know that there is both a SNK vs Capcom Gathering and a Fighting Game Gathering going on Friday, but I've seen in the topics that there are people that aren't able to make it on those days. I was wondering if it was possible for me to create and run a 2nd Capcom vs SNK gathering for those cosplayers/people that aren't able to make the first gathering (kind of similar to what happened in 2008 where that exact situation happened and a unofficial 2nd gathering was setup and done on a Sunday)? I did get the OK from the Capcom vs SNK Gathering organizer via the Fanime board in the Cosplay.com forums, so all I need is a reply from you.
@ bahamutknightzero: In years past there have been gatherings that did more than one day, and I did list both on several occasions, but I don't always recommend it. In the case of C vs Snk here are a few points to consider when making your decision: traditionally it has been Friday evening at either 5 or 6 pm, many do attend this one due to the large number of gatherings that are happening on Sat and Sun., and Sat will be the Fanime "Fantasy RPG & Final Fantasy ALL" gatherings which may take away from what you would like.

My recommendation is to talk with the peeps and see where the majority wants it to be, but it wouldn't hurt to have it listed for it's original day and time for now. You can move it later or even add another day and time when more people are on and posting what they are doing.

I also want to note that over the last 5 years there are approximately 15% (averaged) of the cosplaying attendees that are not on the forums and don't know about the gatherings till they show up to con. It is only later on that they find out about all this work we do during the year to handle 60+ gatherings in an organized fashion and then join the forums (either Fanime or C.c if not both ^^) after Fanime is over.

QuoteI know that were supposed to wait for the ginormous gatherings to pick their times but just how long do we wait?- i mean are they given a certain amount of days? Or do we just wait until they have all chosen a time?
@ Yuu: I appreciate your patients, everyone's for that matter, and know that the large gatherings are waiting due to an event I am try to get the final ok with. This event has been in the works since June of 2009 and though we have not achieved any of the last three launch dates Sara and I have set because of set backs with approval, we are trying to get the decision determined ASAP.

Please don't be upset with the organizers of the large gatherings. I am taking time request submissions to help expedite the process once we know which way this event is going to go, which I PROMISE will be decided soon because we don't like this delay either. So if you want to submit your info for your gathering (s) you are organizing just follow the procedure and make sure all your info is in on your PM to me. Only when it is complete will it be placed on my procedure list for processing the request.

If you are wondering if a gathering you are attending has requested a day and time I altered the 4th post of this thread to reflect which gatherings have submitted completed info and are on the list, but I did NOT list them in any particular order. There is also a 2nd list that has the gatherings that are currently incomplete because they don't have all their info on their pm. They should send me it asap so that their request can be placed on my process list (the 1st one).

Again, sorry for the frustration and I hope this helps you to understand why things are currently backlogged. I REALLY appreciate everyone's patients and understanding. If this event happens it will be an event that any badged attendee can show off their talent (with in rules and guidelines of course :P ) but fun can be had by ALL! If for some reason we can't do it this year we will look into finishing the process for next year... but let's hope it doesn't come to that :)

BTW... I will be updating the 4th post next :)
Squidges to all!

B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: BSaphire on February 15, 2010, 06:13:05 AM
QuoteNow I know that there is both a SNK vs Capcom Gathering and a Fighting Game Gathering going on Friday, but I've seen in the topics that there are people that aren't able to make it on those days. I was wondering if it was possible for me to create and run a 2nd Capcom vs SNK gathering for those cosplayers/people that aren't able to make the first gathering (kind of similar to what happened in 2008 where that exact situation happened and a unofficial 2nd gathering was setup and done on a Sunday)? I did get the OK from the Capcom vs SNK Gathering organizer via the Fanime board in the Cosplay.com forums, so all I need is a reply from you.

@ bahamutknightzero: In years past there have been gatherings that did more than one day, and I did list both on several occasions, but I don't always recommend it. In the case of C vs Snk here are a few points to consider when making your decision: traditionally it has been Friday evening at either 5 or 6 pm, many do attend this one due to the large number of gatherings that are happening on Sat and Sun., and Sat will be the Fanime "Fantasy RPG & Final Fantasy ALL" gatherings which may take away from what you would like.

My recommendation is to talk with the peeps and see where the majority wants it to be, but it wouldn't hurt to have it listed for it's original day and time for now. You can move it later or even add another day and time when more people are on and posting what they are doing.

I also want to note that over the last 5 years there are approximately 15% (averaged) of the cosplaying attendees that are not on the forums and don't know about the gatherings till they show up to con. It is only later on that they find out about all this work we do during the year to handle 60+ gatherings in an organized fashion and then join the forums (either Fanime or C.c if not both ^^) after Fanime is over.

Bit of a clarification:

1) I didn't necessarily say a change of date to the Capcom vs SNK gathering, I know that it's traditionally been on Friday and wouldn't ask for a change from that. This would be a bit of a branch off-shoot from the 1st Gathering that K&K is running.

2) Made no mention of holding the 2nd gathering on Saturday (would be suicide on my part what with the other big gatherings and Masq. the same day), but on Sunday instead probably around the same timeframe (around 5pm).

BSaphire

I have clarified the current locations to the following:

LOCATION ABBREVIATIONS Key:

FMS = Front Marriott Side of the Convention Center Lobby (tree area)
FHS = Front Hilton Side of the Convention Center Lobby (tree area up in the corner)
FiF CE = Fountains in Front CE(Convention Entrance by fountains)
FiF CE MS = Fountains in Front (Convention Entrance Marriott Side)
FiF CE HS= Fountains in Front (Convention Entrance Hilton Side)
FiF MS = Fountains in Front ( Beside the fountains on the Marriott Side)
FiF HS = Fountains in Front (Beside the fountains on the Hilton Side)
LP HS = Library Path (Hilton Side) Pathway between Fountains and Library
1FCC RS = 1st Floor Convention Center (Riser Stage)
1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)
1FCC G/ET = 1st Floor Convention Center (Gatherings/Events Table)
Park across from FH = Park across from Fairmont Hotel
FH = Fairmont Hotel
FH L = Fairmont Hotel (Lobby)
FH B = Fairmont Hotel (Ballroom)

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

1st post has MAJOR Update! There is a New Gatherings Location & recent information on the Gatherings Department is located here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html

Take a look to see what's happening!

Squidges Cospeeps!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BSaphire

Current Poll results *2/24*

Out of 129 votes (combined Fanime & C.c polls)

• 84% Found the gathering/event information for Fanime 09
  • 10% Could not find the gathering/event information for Fanime 09
  • .05% didn't care either way about the info for Fanime 09

I don't know about you, but I am really happy with the poll results! Since 2005 I have been organizing the gatherings that have happened at Fanime and what many of you don't know is some of the statistical information I have accumulated over the years. I will give you some of it in a very condensed form :P

In 5 years the Fanime Cosplayer gatherings have increased 49.2% (27 in 2005 to 65 in 2009) and the Fanime Cosplayer Events have increased 6.8% (2 in 2005 to 17 in 2009.) We now average 60 + gatherings a year with 6 (on average) Cosplayer run events.

Now the reason why I am so happy with the poll results is simple: for the last 5 years I have been trying to get the info on the gatherings and events to all the cospeeps that come to Fanime and have averaged 20% or more could not find it. This means that gatherings were smaller than they could have been, cosplayers new to Fanime didn't get as many opportunities to join in the gathering & event fun with others, and their overall experience was less than it could have been.

So I have been attacking that 20% fall off with a vengeance over the last 5 years. Besides everyone's hard work organizing and developing their gatherings, the main thing I can think of that has taken that 20% to 10% is Fanime's Recognition of it's cosplaying attendees. I do not know of another convention that formally recognizes it's cosplayers with a department set up to organize, assist, and further develop the "cosplaying" experience like Fanime now does!

Hats off to the Con of cons that stays true to it's motto... "By Fans ~ For Fans"

Some of us know the changes that have happened over the years and attend enough other conventions to realize how important all of this is. If you get the opportunity this year please thank Fanime for providing us with this unique opportunity and let's all work together to make 2010 the best year yet!

With deepest appreciation to all of you,
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been updated! If you can't find your gathering and you know you submitted a request then look in the RED "Unofficial" gatherings section. If you are listed there then please check your in box and reply back asap.
Thank you
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been updated! 37 gatherings (4 "unofficial" gatherings so please check your submission if you are listed there or pm me and I will let you know why you are unofficial) & there are 4 Cosplayer Events!

Only 2 months cospeeps! Are you ready?

Squidge
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

RikuCosplayer

Quote from: BSaphire on May 17, 2009, 03:07:42 PM
Here is a list of gatherings that have submitted their gatherings in no particular order, yeah it's just the list ^^) If your gathering is in the first list then everything is good to go.

If your gathering is in the
second listyou were missing something in the information you sent. Please check it and resubmit the compete info asap. Once it is complete then that is the day your submission is considered submitted.

List #1: Gatherings/Events with Complete Required Info for Time Request:

Shonen Jump
Shojo Beat
Final Fantasy ALL
Fanime Theme
DOGS
Kuroshitsuji
CLAMP
The World Ends With You
Hetalia
Gundam Universe
Touhou
Yu-gi-oh
Pokemon
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Disney
InuYasha
Harvest Moon

List #2: Gatherings/Events with INCOMPLETE Info for Time Request: Time is missing in most of them

SNK vs. Capcom
Ace Attorney
Fight Games
Guilty Gear and BlazBlue
Rurouni Kenshin
Valve
Soul Eater

You forgot Kingdom Hearts! LOL!! I know there is A
Kingdom Hearts Gathering near the Hilton Hotel on
Saturday at 12pm or something like that. I hope to
god I get into the Hilton Hotel somehow in San Jose!
;D

~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

RikuCosplayer

Ahhh, nvm!! Sorry about that.^^;;
I already see the KH gathering in the
Fanime "Unofficial" Gatherings. Btw, why
is the Kingdom Hearts gathering in the
"Unofficial" gathering? I want to know
why it is so I can make this gathering
"Official" and possible for when I come
to the Fanime con. Help would be great,
Thanks!
:)

Much Love,
RikuCosplayer

~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

Yuu

Thank you very much for posting this but could you make one minor change? The meeting place should be FMS. That is what I meant but of coarse I couldn't just READ to figure that out. Thank you.