Former 2014 Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List ~ ~

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

How did you get your 2013 Cosplayer Gatherings &/or Events information?

Fanime Forums
63 (91.3%)
Gatherings Info Boards
30 (43.5%)
Gatherings & Events Table
17 (24.6%)
BsGatherings on Twitter!
1 (1.4%)
The Cosplayer Hangout!
4 (5.8%)
Word of Mouth
13 (18.8%)
I Caught Them ALL!
4 (5.8%)
None of the above
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Charis

Name of gathering/event: Juuni Kokki (Twelve Kingdoms)
Changes to gathering/event info: none
possible attendee count: 9 + 1 tentative

No photography order, as there's few enough of us we'll probably play it entirely by ear beyond starting with a group shot.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

bahamutknightzero

B, I just wanted to point out that in the latest post that I made here regarding the confirmations that I wanted to change the location of the gathering since on the big list with all the times and stuff, it still lists the old location despite posting a change of location

BSaphire

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 10, 2010, 03:35:05 PM
B, I just wanted to point out that in the latest post that I made here regarding the confirmations that I wanted to change the location of the gathering since on the big list with all the times and stuff, it still lists the old location despite posting a change of location
I promise that will change next update. Thanks for reminding me though I needed to change it on my list.

@Eliteslayer: See my previous post for your WKA gathering.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Quote from: BSaphire on May 10, 2010, 10:11:29 AM
Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 10, 2010, 09:41:36 AM
So, due to an unexpected schedule problem, The Works of Ken Akamatsu Gathering will not be held at the previously scheduled time. We're looking to reschedule to Monday at the moment. I apologize for the last-minute change of plans, and hope it isn't too much trouble to have to change the time after posting confirmation. (Blame my sister's school for making their graduation on Day 1.)
If you are looking at Monday as a move day, why don't you leave the original and give me a time for Monday and I will list both. I will also need someone that can check in and oversee the current one. Does this help?
Squidge
B

I can leave the original, but given the reschedule, it's unlikely people will go to that one; there aren't many attendees as it is, so once we decide on a new time I assume we'll all go to the new one. I'll see if any of the attendees would be willing to check in for the current timeframe, though. I'm checking to see if they're good with Monday at 12:00, I'll keep you updated. Sorry again for the trouble.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

RikuCosplayer

Name of gathering/event: Kingdom Hearts 1 & II
Changes to gathering/event info:1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)/Events may include Picnic, Dancing, games taking pictures.These Events will be durring the convention when stated by Orginizers.(Can be moved to outside the convention if its too noisy or crowded or too cold from Ac.)
possible attendee count:
If you have gathering/event photography order post the order here with the other info:
Sora versus Riku (All Sora and Riku cosplayers only for a exclusive photoshoot!) - Warning, may have some Yaoi in this one part. (:
Kingdom Hearts  (All characters mentioned in Kingdom Hearts I & Chain of Memories)
Kingdom Hearts II (Characters from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days / Kingdom Hearts II)
Heroes (Consisting of just all the Heroes in Kingdom Hearts)
Villains (All Villains from Kingdom Hearts)
Twilight Town - (All characters that are in Twilight Town)
Prequel (Characters mentioned in Birth by Sleep for PSP)
Organization XIII
Disney (If there is enough cosplayers.. may trash the idea)
Final Fantasy (Just the characters that made an appearance in Kingdom Hearts)
One Big Group Picture at the end.
~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

Mi Feng

Name of gathering/event: When They Cry (Higurashi/Umineko)
Changes to gathering/event info: None. :)
possible attendee count: 20
If you have gathering/event photography order post the order here with the other info:
Higurashi Group Shot
Umineko Group Shot
All Group Shot
Smaller Groups
Requests

capeswirlinggirl

Name of gathering/event: Princess Tutu
possible attendee count: 7 plus aprox. 6 maybes
gathering/event photography order: at the moment we're just winging it ;)

ovtrlan

Quote from: BSaphire on May 04, 2010, 08:46:16 AM* = Gathering needs an organizer

DSO Warriors (Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi) ~ SimaSeph

I am talking to him right now, so I'll prod him about this :P
When I am done with my current project, it will be amazing! :D

K&K4ever

Hay B, All of my gatherings on the list are where they are supposed to be (they are at the right times.)

Here is what the atendie ratio is looking like right now:

Rurouni Kenshin: 7- confirmed, 5-maybe.
SNK v. Capcom: 16- confirmed, 0-maybe.
Fight Games: 18-confirmed, 23-maybe.
Guilty Gear and BlazBlue: 27-confirmed, 2-maybe.
Ace Attorney: 30-confirmed, 2-maybe.

No doubt there will be more who sign up between now and the con, but that's what it's looking like right now.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

KyraEnsui

Name of gathering/event: Hetalia ~Axis Power~ Gathering 2010
Changes to gathering/event info: None yet.
possible attendee count: About 109 confirmed. Possible more.
gathering/event photography order: working on it.

======================

Name of gathering/event: Gundam Universe 2010 Gathering
Changes to gathering/event info: None
possible attendee count: About 13 confirmed.
gathering/event photography order: Don't know yet.

kimu

Name of gathering/event: Trinity Blood
possible attendee count: 17 + 1 maybe
group shot
AX group
Empire group
Orden
requests

BSaphire

Well it looks like quite a few of you would like to get tweets on the gatherings over the weekend! So here is the twitter to add:

http://twitter.com/BsGatherings

Let me know if I did this wrong. My account is set for friends so only those who request to be added will get the info during Fanime.

Confirmation is going on: (5/5 - 5/19)
Please check the info listed on the gatherings list to make sure ALL is correct (including event info.) Then post a reply in this thread the following:

Name of gathering/event:
Changes to gathering/event info:
possible attendee count:

Thank you for everyone that has confirmed their gatherings and events. Currently sitting at 64 Gatherings and 10 Events. I'm currently working on the 2010 Gatherings Word Search :P Oh what fun! I thought last years was hard to do and this year it's looking to be even more of a challenge!

Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Yukari Kaiba

BLEACH
no changes as of today
possible attendee count: 59
Photography order:
-Captains
-Lieutenants
-Arrancar (includes HM Aizen,Gin,Tousen, and Orihime)
-Vizard (current arc versions)
-Zanpakutou Arc (this includes zapakutou humanizations/manifestations and all filler characters within this arc)
-Zanpakutou w/ their respective owners
-Turn Back The Pendalum (includes former captains&lieutenants aka Pre-Vizards, young ver. of characters, characters who were students during TBTP, & characters who were subordinates or of different ranking during TBTP)
-Urahara Shoten (includes Urahara, Yoruichi, Tessai, Ginta, Ururu, & mod souls)
-Real World (includes school uniform versions, artbook versions, Quincy, Don Kanoji)
-and then one massive group Bwahaha pic
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Eliteslayer

Okay, The Works of Ken Akamatsu has been rescheduled to Monday at 12:00, and I've asked for a volunteer on Friday to check in at 6 to let people know about the time change. Should I re-post the confirmation?

(Also, the way it looks the gathering is pretty much a Mahou Sensei Negima gathering with characters from other Akamatsu series welcome, but unless "Negima" is easier to fit in the crossword, we can still keep the name as-is for the rescheduled gathering.)

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 14, 2010, 11:05:26 AM
Okay, The Works of Ken Akamatsu has been rescheduled to Monday at 12:00, and I've asked for a volunteer on Friday to check in at 6 to let people know about the time change. Should I re-post the confirmation?

(Also, the way it looks the gathering is pretty much a Mahou Sensei Negima gathering with characters from other Akamatsu series welcome, but unless "Negima" is easier to fit in the crossword, we can still keep the name as-is for the rescheduled gathering.)
So here is what I was thinking:

The Works of Ken Akamatsu
Friday @ 6 pm ~ L: FiF CE HS

Negima Gathering
Monday @ 12 pm ~ L: FiF CE HS

No need to re-confirm unless you have a specific photo order for either/both, but possible #'s for both would be cool. Also I need the Real Name, Forum Name, Badge Name of the "new" co-organizer PM'd to me so that my staff will know who will be checking in and they can be a part of a little "something" for organizers :)

Have both gatherings because you may get people who can come to Friday but not Mondays ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Alright, I'll let them know, thanks! Can't really have an estimate on the new numbers with the change, but I assume it'll be the same for both, give or take people who haven't posted. Once I get a volunteer for Friday, I'll have them PM you that info.

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

Those gatherings and events that have not confirmed their info, noted any changes, supplied me with their # of attending or their photo order should do so before 11:59 pm on 5/19/10. I can not make changes to the list at con so if you have changed your info and I don't know it those changes will not be reflected on the Gatherings/Events list.

Submissions end 11:59 pm on 5/20/10. If you still need to submit please include all the required info (part 2 of post #3 of this thread) and if you know the confirmation info please add it too.

10 DAYS TILL ALL THE FUN OF FANIME 2010 BEGINS!!!! :P

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rette

Name of Gathering/Event: Hellsing Gathering 2010
Changes to Gathering/Event Info: None
Possible Attendee Count: 22
Other Info/Photo Order: None. Since this is generally a small gathering, we will see what we have to work with and go from there.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

K&K4ever

OK, I need to make a last minute switch and put the Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue gathering at 4:00
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

BSaphire

Update! Confirmation is now closed and Submissions CLOSE 11:59pm tonight!
If I have contacted you it is important, please respond ASAP! I am in the process of the final list and I don't make changes at Fanime.

You can follow the gatherings on Twitter now! See the url on the first post.

Arigatou
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC