Former 2014 Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List ~ ~

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

How did you get your 2013 Cosplayer Gatherings &/or Events information?

Fanime Forums
63 (91.3%)
Gatherings Info Boards
30 (43.5%)
Gatherings & Events Table
17 (24.6%)
BsGatherings on Twitter!
1 (1.4%)
The Cosplayer Hangout!
4 (5.8%)
Word of Mouth
13 (18.8%)
I Caught Them ALL!
4 (5.8%)
None of the above
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

LOVE.SAE

Your Name of gathering/event: Arakawa Under the Bridge
Your Changes to gathering/event info: Meeting/Gathering Place to be changed to FiF HS = Fountains in Front (Side of Fountains Hilton Side)
Your Possible attendee count: 6-10
Your Gathering/event photography order:
 *Group
 *Couplings

Touya no Miko

Your Name of gathering/event: Katekyo Hitman Reborn gathering
Your Changes to gathering/event info: Gathering moved to 2:00 pm and Event moved to 1:30 pm
Your Possible attendee count: 30 or less
Group
Boys
Girls
Vongola
Varia
Arcobaleno
Millefore
Future Arc
Request
Etc.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

BSaphire

Yes! 66 gatherings and 13 events!
Now if your gathering was not listed as you submitted it, I have sent you a pm.
If your gathering was not listed, I sent you a pm.
If you haven't submitted yet.... LOOK AT THE LIST FIRST. Lots of times are really full!

Time is running out!

Everyone should be getting a photography order in place for their gatherings/events and submitting them here on this thread. look for
Confirmation info on post #4.
Even if your gathering is small then list it as:
Group
Random/Request
Group

It is best to have one so that the photographers will have an idea when to grab the shots their looking for while juggling all the gatherings at that time.

If you requested stuff from Cosplayer Gatherings be sure and list it in your confirmation.

A NOTE TO ALL LARGE GATHERINGS (60+) & EVENTS:
Please check in 1/2 hour before so that I can send my line control staff with you! It is really important to check in so that you can find out if anything is happening that can affect your gathering/event. Check in is for the ORGANIZER (S) only. Those attending a gathering/event do not need to check in at the Gatherings Table.

As I have mentioned previously:
We have a room in the Hilton Hotel for Cosplayers to "get away" called the Cosplayer Hangout. There is a thread on it and all that we are trying to do this year in there located here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15340.0.html
We are looking for cosplayers to talk with other cosplayers on particular topics to help each other out. Be sure and post in that thread if you are interested in being a speaker & the subject you want to cover.
The Cosplayer Hangout is a "Photo FREE" Zone which means NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED! Only with permission of CGD Room Staff. We also have a Cosplayer to Cosplayer Repair station going in there! Oh, and a Water Station will be available too!

I also think I fixed the BsGatherings Twitter to be an open feed this year, but make sure to get the info sent via twitter to your mobile device by requesting an add to us! See the link on the first post at the top!

Lots to do and little time to do it! 14 days till FANIME! :)
Squidges
B

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

CroutonicSarcasm

Ahh! Afterschool Charisma is an official gathering now. I'm so excited! I'm also pretty darn sure it's the first ASC gathering (in the US at least). =D
Friday: Secret Cosplay
Saturday: Freud -- Afterschool Charisma
Sunday: Prussia -- Hetalia

sael

Your Name of event: Kuroshitsuji Part 2 (afternoon tea)
Your Changes to event info: None
Your Possible attendee count: 42+
Your event photography order:

• By request (seeing as the tea is right after the main gathering, there shouldn't be a need to retake group shots.)

BSaphire

Yep! 14 days till FanimeCon.... 5 days till Submission Requests closes and 6 days till Confirmation closes.... see my previous two posts for more info......
5 days..... yep only 5... after midnight of the 19th nothing else will be added... don't wait till the last minute.... 5 days!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

zeroelement

Will This list be Posted or Displayed at Fanime? One year i remember seeing a sign posted but last year nothing.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

BSaphire

Quote from: zeroelement on May 14, 2011, 11:23:09 PM
Will This list be Posted or Displayed at Fanime? One year i remember seeing a sign posted but last year nothing.
They are up every year :) They are on Blue boards stationed around the convention center. I don't know why you didn't see one at least :) I have one at the foot of the stairs on both sides and one at stage zero. There is one on the second floor as you go into each hotel and there is one over by reg. That's a given and that = 6. I still don't know why you didn't see at least those six.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

zeroelement

Quote from: BSaphire on May 15, 2011, 09:18:53 AM
They are up every year :) They are on Blue boards stationed around the convention center. I don't know why you didn't see one at least :) I have one at the foot of the stairs on both sides and one at stage zero. There is one on the second floor as you go into each hotel and there is one over by reg. That's a given and that = 6. I still don't know why you didn't see at least those six.
I dont know ether i looked alot and they must of been moved or something. After i looked on Saturday i didn't look again. (i also thought cosplay.com set it up or something lol)
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

BSaphire

Quote from: zeroelement on May 15, 2011, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on May 15, 2011, 09:18:53 AM
I dont know ether i looked alot and they must of been moved or something. After i looked on Saturday i didn't look again. (i also thought cosplay.com set it up or something lol)
Well never fear, if you can't find a gatherings info board you can always come by the gatherings table and inquire there :) If you have a way of getting "Twitter" then you can follow all the info during the day with out worry! We post every half hour during the day till the last gathering! :P Look at the top of the first post to find the url XD

Last year I can say that the boards were not necessarily moving.... it was just so crowded during the day that they were hard to see sometimes. So this year you can also find the info at the "Cosplayer Hangout" which will be in the Winchester Room of the Hilton hotel.

Lots of options to get the info :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

morgaine

Your Name of gathering/event:  Code Geass
Your Changes to gathering/event info:  None
Your Possible attendee count: 14+
-Group
-Specific Groups (Britannians, Black Knights, etc)
-Couples
-Scene Reenactments
-Closing Group
Fanime 2019
TBD

RoseLove19

sorry to seem stupid but is there going to be a prince of tennis gathering?

Kimba616

Quote from: BSaphire on May 14, 2011, 01:07:07 PM
Now if your gathering was not listed as you submitted it, I have sent you a pm.
If your gathering was not listed, I sent you a pm.
If you haven't submitted yet.... LOOK AT THE LIST FIRST. Lots of times are really full!
B

I didn't receive a pm about my time change request, or will you be making our requested changes at the end of confirmation? I'm afraid that if my gathering(Fairy Tail) doesn't get moved to earlier in the day, I wont be able to run it since I'm in the masquerade in a different costume that requires a lot of prep time. :[

Armored-Heart

Re-confirming~

Your Name of event: Vocaloid
Your Changes to event info: Changing the time from 5 to 5:30, and moving the location from FMS to FHS.
Your Possible attendee count: 90+
Your event photography order: Group Photo for Entire Gathering, Group Photos for Each Character, Supporting Character Group Photo, Couples, Requests, And maybe another group photo xD
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Rette

Name of gathering/event: Gintama 2011
Changes to gathering/event info: None
Possible attendee count: 8
Gathering/event photography order: Group, Character Groups, Suggestions

Name of gathering/event: Hellsing 2011
Possible attendee count: 12
Gathering/event photography order: Group, Character Groups, Organizations, Suggestions

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

tasukigirl

Name of gathering/event:  Assassins Creed
Possible attendee count: ~18
Gathering/event photography order:
Group
Assassins and Allies
Templars
Group
Templars vs. Assassins

BSaphire

@ KImba616: I didn't see a pm for a time change?.... Please resend (check your time and location with the current list first so that you don't try to move where it is already occupied :) ) your pm with the change you need.

@ RoseLove19: PoT is a Jump title so Prince cosplayers can join in @ 3pm on Sunday. :)

@ Organizers who have not PM'd their Submission Requests: There are only 3 days till SR closes so copy this format, (after checking the list) fill in the blanks and send me your pm's.

Gathering or Event Name:
ALL URL's for the gathering/event:
Requested Day & Time:
Meeting place &/or Location:

First & Last Name (yes, your real name)
Your Forum Name (s)
Badge Name if different

To All Organizers: Rain or shine the gatherings will happen! It is really important that you check in 1/2 hour before your gathering/event so that if any changes happen you can be notified. Please be sure to post your confirmation info here too!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

CountMetal

Name of gathering/event:  Dragonball
Possible attendee count: 4+
Gathering/event photography order:
Opening Group
Original Dragonball
DBZ Characters
DB: GT Characters
DB Evolution Characters
DB/DBZ Anime Movie Only Characters
Couples
Organizations (Red Ribbon Army, Ginyu Force, etc.)
Scene Reenactments/Requests
Closing Group

BSaphire

Updated! 72 gatherings and 17 events!
Make sure to post your confirmation info.
If your gathering wasn't listed/changed check your PM box.

Submission Requests CLOSES in 2 DAYS!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC