Former 2014 Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List ~ ~

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

How did you get your 2013 Cosplayer Gatherings &/or Events information?

Fanime Forums
63 (91.3%)
Gatherings Info Boards
30 (43.5%)
Gatherings & Events Table
17 (24.6%)
BsGatherings on Twitter!
1 (1.4%)
The Cosplayer Hangout!
4 (5.8%)
Word of Mouth
13 (18.8%)
I Caught Them ALL!
4 (5.8%)
None of the above
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Rodney_Pheonix

Wherever you can stuff the firefly gathering Saph, perhaps this will be the year the mysterious conglomeration of gum will appear?
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

K&K4ever

Hay B, I'm thinking of having the Kenshin gathering on Sunday, here is the link to it. and yes, I will put it on the URL page.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10096.msg258255.html#msg258255
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

BSaphire

Still waiting on SR  by PM for the following:

Lolita
Naruto
Pokemon

Thank you
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Kimba616

Because of certain real-life circumstances, I will no longer be able to organize the Fairy Tail gathering(Link). There aren't very many confirmed characters at this point, but I still thought I'd offer it up if anyone else wants to take over.

hellangel

Has Masquerade Day been announced, yet? CLAMP gathering is always on the day that Masquerade is NOT on.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Dany

Quote from: hellangel on February 20, 2012, 09:47:16 PM
Has Masquerade Day been announced, yet? CLAMP gathering is always on the day that Masquerade is NOT on.

Per the official Masquerade thread, no decision yet. I wish they would get that out there because it impacts a lot.
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

BSaphire

I am awaiting confirmation of information and will keep everyone updated. I also have photos of our disaster areas and will be posting updated info soon. Hang tight everyone.
Thanks and love
B

p.s. I have photos of the area where all 60+ gatherings should be held. It will have afternoon shade and is a decent onsite location. I know that all the 60+ gatherings I am running will be located there. They will have the 1st choice option in this location at all times if on the official list and will have one hour in that location.

I would also like to note a reminder that it is now the "Flowerbed in Front" =FiF and not "Fountains in Front." The construction area is extensive and there is just no way to really get around having it in the background for many of the locations.

I want to thank everyone for being patient and working with the department and myself through this obstacle course of 2012.
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Avairrianna

Well I guess Valve will move to wherever you want us to be Sapphire.
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Armored-Heart

As fond as I am of my Hatsune Miku sleeves absorbing the sun's heat and frying my arms (though last year the weather was mostly quite nice), I certainly wouldn't mind moving the Vocaloid gathering to a shaded area. xD I'm sure wherever you'd like us to move would be fine, B.
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

BSaphire

@ Heulangel: I would recommend Saturday for CLAMP. That's all I can say.
@ Avairrianna: Working on the list and I'm not moving anyone just yet. I will let you know if I need to.
@ Armored-Heart: If you saw how ugly it is out front right now you will probably like the new 60+ gathering area way better. It is FCC HS and will be located right on the back side of the Hilton Hotel. There is street access, 2nd floor of the Concourse access and through the new Cosplayer Hangout location access.
@ luluuxduplica1223: If you check this *LOL I would recommend the new 60+ gathering location for Pokemon... FCC HS

List to be posted soon.. everyone can still submit their SR by PM to me if they haven't already. :) Lots to post and no time to get it all done in one day... Madness! Gotta Love It!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

AnimefanJJ

Hey BSaphire, for the Final Fantasy VII Gathering I would like either 11 am on Saturday or 2pm on Saturday.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

BSaphire

Ok Cospeeps! The location key now has a max size located to onsite locations. If you expect/know your gathering/event will be larger than an area will allow please look at another location.

If your gathering/event was submitted but is not posted please PM me ASAP. Odds are there is a problem. If you did NOT send me a PM then it is not posted. Format is located on post #4.

@Hetalia I changed your location because there is no way you will fit where you planned. If you want construction in your back ground I would recommend FiF MS. Please PM me ASAP if you want it changed.

Thank you everyone for waiting. Reminder to all: Check your #'s of potential attending and look at the #'s allowed for locations. If you haven't submitted your gathering/event grab the format on the 4th post and get that PM to me.. things are going to fly!
ONLY RETURNING 60+ Gatherings/Events are guaranteed 1 hour in a location. Potential 60+ need to let me know their size expectations and I will TRY to make it so you have an hour but I will NOT guarantee you 1 hr.

SQUIDGES! :)
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Added photo link to current Gathering Locations @ FanimeCon 2012.
It is on the 1st post, but I'll give it to you again:
PHOTOS ~ http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj631/BSaphire/FanimeCon%202012%20Gathering%20Locations/

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Armored-Heart

Thanks for the update and photos, B! Much appreciated. :3 Probably a silly question, but how does one get to FCC HS? I'm not sure if I'm entirely familiar with that part of the convention center, and I'm worried about my Vocaloid gathering's cosplayers getting lost, since last year it seems as though we ended up in a location slightly different from the one I had originally intended for us to be in due to some confusion (it all worked out though.)

BSaphire

Quote from: Armored-Heart on March 06, 2012, 10:09:53 AM
Thanks for the update and photos, B! Much appreciated. :3 Probably a silly question, but how does one get to FCC HS? I'm not sure if I'm entirely familiar with that part of the convention center, and I'm worried about my Vocaloid gathering's cosplayers getting lost, since last year it seems as though we ended up in a location slightly different from the one I had originally intended for us to be in due to some confusion (it all worked out though.)
It's not a silly question! A lot of people are going to ask it I'm sure...

If you are out in front facing the convention center:
Go right towards the Hilton Hotel. Right before the hotel you will see the tree lined walkway that will lead up to the stairs and cement slab.

If you are on the 1st floor of the convention center:
Walk on the first floor to the Hilton Hotel. Go into the Hotel via the convention center access on the first floor and then turn right when you get to the Hilton bar (not in the bar but right before it.) You will then enter the Cosplayer Hangout for 2012 where the C2C Costume repair station will be *note please have your badge ready if you travel through to speed up the process* and then you will go through the door which will lead you out to the cement slab.

If you are on the 2nd floor of the convention center:
Walk towards the Hilton Hotel. Before you get to the double glass doors that go into the Hilton Hotel 2nd floor lobby entrance you can exit down one of two stairwells (*Note that in the past these doors have only been exit doors but I am working on having them unlocked so that people can get in after the gatherings... no promises though) which will lead you out to the cement slab.
If you miss the stairwells then just go through the glass doors and then the door way into the Hilton Hotel. From there preceed down the stairway to the 1st floor Hilton Lobby and turn left... around the stairs and up a little way just before the bar turn right. Go through the door leading into the Cosplayer Hangout and follow the directions from there.

If you are lost... just ask how to get to the Cosplayer Hangout and go from there.

This is going to be the year of patients and understanding. We have never been so spread out and everyone will need to not let the little things trip them up. If we all help each other it will make the weekend better for all of us.

I just want to throw this out there to all attending FanimeCon 2012:
In the spirit of the Olympics (reason for our "game" theme) Let us all go above and beyond to ignore the trolls that come every year to spew hate and cause pain. Don't give them anything but a smile and hopefully they will not ruin the weekend for any of us.

It will only take one to ruin it for all so let's help each other have a good time.

Squidges!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Armored-Heart

Thanks, B! If it's alright with you, I'd like to post these directions in my gathering thread to reduce confusion (and to save the gatherings table some of the trouble of giving the same directions multiple times!)

BSaphire

Quote from: Armored-Heart on March 06, 2012, 11:30:15 AM
Thanks, B! If it's alright with you, I'd like to post these directions in my gathering thread to reduce confusion (and to save the gatherings table some of the trouble of giving the same directions multiple times!)
That's what they are there for and I hope others will do the same :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

azreale

The Wolf's Rain Gathering is being taken over by Shinigami_lover

just FYI
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

AnimefanJJ

Name of gathering: Final Fantasy VII
Changes to gathering/event info: Just Location, order of group shots, and time
Your Possible attendee count: hoping for 20, might just get 10.
Your Gathering/event photography order: Group Shot, Final Fantasy VII Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Last Order, Final Fantasy VII (Original), Final Fantasy VII - On the Way to a Smile: Episode Denzel , Advent Children, and Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus. Pairing shot, Good vs. Evil, couple shot, and request.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617