Former 2014 Cosplayer Gatherings & Events List ~ ~

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

How did you get your 2013 Cosplayer Gatherings &/or Events information?

Fanime Forums
63 (91.3%)
Gatherings Info Boards
30 (43.5%)
Gatherings & Events Table
17 (24.6%)
BsGatherings on Twitter!
1 (1.4%)
The Cosplayer Hangout!
4 (5.8%)
Word of Mouth
13 (18.8%)
I Caught Them ALL!
4 (5.8%)
None of the above
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

BSaphire

List has been updated!
@ Fruits Basket: Can you move your time to 12? There is a location conflict @ 12:30.
Thanks!
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Lucifargundam

I was sad to see teh flowerbed instead of the fountain and construction site where that building was today :( ...  mostly the flowerbed- the extention is gunna make teh experience better...

Here's my question.... Why did they have to get rid of the fountain?!! T_T

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

mdarkpoet

Larger photo of its glorious ugliness. I'm so disappointed with the city of San Jose. Whenever I think of Fanime and spending time at the convention center I always remember the masses gathered outside in the nice weather by the fountains.

Now there's what... dirt and plants? It seems so backwards O_o also the massive construction outside the con limits the amount of space given to walk around outside. Most people are going to be confined inside the convention center which could cause mass crowding. So we'll see how this year goes... all I know is I'm sad panda about the fountain.

RIP majestic Fanime fountain

lovelessneko

Quote from: mdarkpoet on March 17, 2012, 12:10:59 AM

Larger photo of its glorious ugliness. I'm so disappointed with the city of San Jose. Whenever I think of Fanime and spending time at the convention center I always remember the masses gathered outside in the nice weather by the fountains.

Now there's what... dirt and plants? It seems so backwards O_o also the massive construction outside the con limits the amount of space given to walk around outside. Most people are going to be confined inside the convention center which could cause mass crowding. So we'll see how this year goes... all I know is I'm sad panda about the fountain.

RIP majestic Fanime fountain

ಠ_ಠ The fountains were the best outside part of the con!
Fanime 2012 Cosplay!!
Princess Bubblegum
Angel Stocking
FEM!Hibari or Bianchi
Fran (maybe...)

Shinsengumi

Hey B

Capcom vs. SNK Gathering.

Day: Saturday
Time: 4:00 pm
MP:
L: In front of the fountains or inside

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,14575.0.html
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

BSaphire

Just a quick note to let everyone know I will have the list updated by Sunday night late... I'm in crunch time with the department stuff so crazy is all over my house right now *LOL
For those who have submitted their SR: Please keep an eye out for any PM I send to you and reply ASAP so when the Official List update happens you will make it on there.
@Shinsengumi: Follow the SR format on Post #4

ZOMG! Fanime is right around the corner and I have WAY TO MUCH to do!....  The cosplay gods are laughing at me :P

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

FFxromancexKH

I'm a newbie for cosplaying and what not, so I don't really know what to do.
If I am a single cosplayer and I want to have pictures taken of me, do I just join a group that is related to whatever I'm cosplaying? Would I have to sign up, as in send a form or something? thanks

PuniPuniShosa

Quote from: FFxromancexKH on April 05, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
If I am a single cosplayer and I want to have pictures taken of me, do I just join a group that is related to whatever I'm cosplaying? Would I have to sign up, as in send a form or something? thanks

Your best bet would be to join a group/gathering.  Gatherings tend to attract more photographers.  The larger the gathering, the more who show.  If you want a solo picture, there are enough photographers who are willing to take your picture and post it on their website.  Just be careful when soliciting strangers.  Something to look out for is the Press Badge.  Holders of the Press Badge are individuals of organizations officially recognized by Fanime as "Professionals" who adhere to Fanime's strict guidelines posted here: http://registration.fanime.com/proreg_faq.  The Cosplay Gatherings Deparment has its own photographers.  If they are not busy, one of them might be willing to take your photo.

Amirynth

I'm looking for a World of Warcraft group (if there will even be one)  as I am planning out my costumes.  Does anyone know if there will be any other WoW cosplayers about and what days would they be gathering?

I found the thread to ask this...
Cosplay this year:
Clockwork!Sexy (aka Idris/TARDIS)
Malis Vitterfolk, Zandalari Shaman from World of Warcraft
Fetish Shaman from Diablo

FFxromancexKH

Quote from: PuniPuniShosa on April 10, 2012, 06:44:09 AM

Your best bet would be to join a group/gathering.  Gatherings tend to attract more photographers.  The larger the gathering, the more who show.  If you want a solo picture, there are enough photographers who are willing to take your picture and post it on their website.  Just be careful when soliciting strangers.  Something to look out for is the Press Badge.  Holders of the Press Badge are individuals of organizations officially recognized by Fanime as "Professionals" who adhere to Fanime's strict guidelines posted here: http://registration.fanime.com/proreg_faq.  The Cosplay Gatherings Deparment has its own photographers.  If they are not busy, one of them might be willing to take your photo.

alright, thank you for the heads up! I think I will join a gathering, however, would I need to formally sign up or could I just walk up and join considering the fact that I'd be a part of whatever that group is cosplaying?

Dragon Ninja

Your Name of gathering/event: Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering 2012
Your Changes to gathering/event info: Time
Your Possible attendee count: 12
Your Gathering/event photography order:

Each of the Ages: Original, GX, 5Ds
Friends from each of the groups...
The "bad" guys from each age then all together
If we have Monsters then those too
Buddy poses or Heroes.
One big group pic

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

PuniPuniShosa

Quote from: FFxromancexKH on April 10, 2012, 06:12:08 PM
Quote from: PuniPuniShosa on April 10, 2012, 06:44:09 AM

alright, thank you for the heads up! I think I will join a gathering, however, would I need to formally sign up or could I just walk up and join considering the fact that I'd be a part of whatever that group is cosplaying?

It is not necessary to sign up for a gathering, but it lets the organizers know who is showing up.

Cosplay Circus

Just wanting to check if my submission for the Soul Eater gathering was received since I had sent it a couple weeks ago.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

BSaphire

The list has been updated! Lots of changes so be sure to double check your info even if you posted & also check locations on some of the cosplayer events due to changes there also!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

fighter_for_hire

Ao No Exorcist/ Blue Exorcist Gathering 2012

Date: Saturday
Time: 1:30 pm
Location: 1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)

Cosplayer count: 29

Vasyenka

Your Name of gathering/event: Frictional Games Gathering (Amnesia/Penumbra)
Your Changes to gathering/event info: None
Your Possible attendee count: 15~20
Your Gathering/event photography order: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Amnesia: Justine, Penumbra
Day: Saturday, 5/26
Time: 12:00PM
MP: FiF MS
L: FiF MS

Cosplayer Event: Tea Party Picnic (Frictional Games inspired)
Attendee count: 10~15
Day & Time: Saturday, 5/26 @ 12:30pm
MP & L: CPMS
Who may join the event? Any fan of Frictional Games! Granted, we'd like for you to bring something to contribute to the tea party picnic as well~ ^^

I hope I got that all right~ @ w@;;
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Dany

Quote from: BSaphire on April 21, 2012, 11:07:44 PM
The list has been updated! Lots of changes so be sure to double check your info even if you posted & also check locations on some of the cosplayer events due to changes there also!
Squidges
B

I don't see the Old School Gathering up yet...is it still going to be happening?
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

BSaphire

The list has been updated! Please check your inbox for any messages from me and respond asap. Thank you! :)
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Dany

Quote from: BSaphire on April 30, 2012, 04:33:14 PM
The list has been updated! Please check your inbox for any messages from me and respond asap. Thank you! :)
B

I think this answered my previous question.. WOO! :D
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon