12/15/09 ..... BOOM!

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ichigocorcor

Hi! Next year I would LOVE to have a rum party! I feel like con is not complete without one; and though a bunch of people from ALA's rum party were there to try and start the festivities I felt like it wasn't very official.

Cor
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

BSaphire

Quote from: ichigocorcor on May 26, 2009, 11:11:00 PM
Hi! Next year I would LOVE to have a rum party! I feel like con is not complete without one; and though a bunch of people from ALA's rum party were there to try and start the festivities I felt like it wasn't very official.

Cor
A few of my LA Pirate Cosplaying friends did come up to Fanime this year and had a Pirate Party and Gathering. There was a delay in confirmation so it didn't end up on the list, however I do know that they would like to do it again next year and there is a bit of talk about joining up with some ninjas... not sure where that will lead, but it sounds interesting....  So it will be a bit more official next year if they still plan on doing it ^^)

B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

redroses3164

Gurren Lagann gathering:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12620.0.html

Forgot the cosplay.com one:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=180726

I oversee both threads however my username is different here (redroses3164) versus there. My coscom account is RedRoses.

RyuHayabusa

This is my thread B:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12617.0.html <--Type-Moon gathering.

I'll be making another RO gathering thread as well. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

ryuyasha

A rum party, eh? I remember the only one i went to, AX 06...it was fun. I like the idea. The Ninjas can crash it again xD

ichigocorcor

Quote from: BSaphire on May 26, 2009, 11:48:24 PM

Cor
A few of my LA Pirate Cosplaying friends did come up to Fanime this year and had a Pirate Party and Gathering. There was a delay in confirmation so it didn't end up on the list, however I do know that they would like to do it again next year and there is a bit of talk about joining up with some ninjas... not sure where that will lead, but it sounds interesting....  So it will be a bit more official next year if they still plan on doing it ^^)

B

I would be more than happy to help organize it, if that's what's needed. I have a lot of footage and ideas from ALA 09's Rum Party so I think I can manage it. Let me know if that's what I can do or if you already have event coordinators for that particular event.
Cosplay Plans

KyraEnsui

DentyneIce408

Just a suggestion a:
Ninja (game) gathering and a Cosplay Chess Tournament.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

Raydere

Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

GomenNasaiPro

heeroyuy135

bahamutknightzero

I don't know yet if I'm up to run another gathering for 2010....

BUT! If I do try it again, it'll be a team effort type of thing.

konataFTW

I'm running the Code Geass Gathering for 2010 =) [alongside a few helpers who never gave up in the last gathering x3]

Fanime Link: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12595.0.html
Cosplay.com Link: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=180703
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

BSaphire

Quote from: ichigocorcor on May 27, 2009, 05:28:46 AM

Cor

B

I would be more than happy to help organize it, if that's what's needed. I have a lot of footage and ideas from ALA 09's Rum Party so I think I can manage it. Let me know if that's what I can do or if you already have event coordinators for that particular event.
I appreciate the offer of assistance. As next year rolls around be sure and check back with me to see if any is needed. I know that Captain Jack and his crew have a pretty good handle on things, but they have never complained if I send them a few cospeeps to walk the plank :P jk ^^)

I think you are confusing what ALA has with their party and what we had at Fanime. Fanime had Jack and his friends come and host a gathering (as much of a gathering a bunch of Pirates can have ^^) and a party where a little fun could be had by all. ALA had the rum we didn't. Fanime doesn't promote that kind of party.

SO Jack had a blast and said he was willing to bring back a few scally wags and run a better party next year ^^) He might just need a few more as the show gets closer and he wanted to know more on the Pirate v ninja thing... I think he has a pirate game or two in mind to play with the ninjas... if they can be seen that is :P

I will update the list a little later... still recovering and it may take a while... keep posting your 2010 URLs and I will add them.

Squidge
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

redroses3164

ichigocorcor

Quote from: BSaphire on May 28, 2009, 09:16:29 PM
Quote from: ichigocorcor on May 27, 2009, 05:28:46 AM

Cor

B

I appreciate the offer of assistance. As next year rolls around be sure and check back with me to see if any is needed. I know that Captain Jack and his crew have a pretty good handle on things, but they have never complained if I send them a few cospeeps to walk the plank :P jk ^^)

I think you are confusing what ALA has with their party and what we had at Fanime. Fanime had Jack and his friends come and host a gathering (as much of a gathering a bunch of Pirates can have ^^) and a party where a little fun could be had by all. ALA had the rum we didn't. Fanime doesn't promote that kind of party.

SO Jack had a blast and said he was willing to bring back a few scally wags and run a better party next year ^^) He might just need a few more as the show gets closer and he wanted to know more on the Pirate v ninja thing... I think he has a pirate game or two in mind to play with the ninjas... if they can be seen that is :P

I will update the list a little later... still recovering and it may take a while... keep posting your 2010 URLs and I will add them.

Squidge
B

There was definitely no rum at ALA... it was a big event at night, I found the thread where Captain Jack was actually describing it on the forum somewhere. I chatted with him about it at Fanime too. But if they got it under control then I'll just attend; when I saw it at Fanime this year it was taking place on that little riser at the bottom of the stairs by the entrance, instead of occupying a room.
Cosplay Plans

konataFTW

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Magical Senpai