Gatherings/Event URL List 2014 Edition 4/26

Started by BSaphire, May 17, 2009, 03:34:57 PM

CaptTreasureTroveTi

I started a thread for the 2010 Pandora Hearts gathering: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12814.0.html

I'm putting up a thread on Cosplay.com, too ...
I shall post it in a comment here when it's up.
2010 Organizer of: Death Note, Pandora Hearts

*is still uploading Fanime 2009 photos x.x*

BSaphire

Quote from: Eliteslayer on July 08, 2009, 02:39:07 PM
Organizing a cosplay event: "Cosplay Battle! Three-Pose Fights." (There is no actual fighting involved, in spite of the name.)
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12850.0.html
Please let me know if there are any issues with this event, but rest assured that it's totally safe.

I'll be posting a thread on cosplay.com as well, once I make sure there are no issues.

Plus, I intend to host a gathering for the works of Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima, etcetera). I'll post a thread for that soon.

Also, it's a bit late, but thanks for making last year's gathering stuff go so smoothly, B. It was my first time hosting a gathering, and even though the gathering itself had its issues, you and all the staff were incredibly helpful and great.
^^) From all of us... Your welcome :)

This sounds interesting... Which convention did you see Cosplay Battle! Three-Pose Fight: at? I have listed in between the forum sections on the list which is where I will be listing all individual (or separate from an immediate gathering) type cosplayer events. There may be some small issues with it, but we can modify that as any changes needed comes along.

SOOOOOO... Fanime Cospeeps! Now that the cosplayer gatherings is an 'OFFICIAL" Department I am going to be doing things a little different for 2010. The changes in 2009 have been a great improvement on the overall plan. Here is a few new things to look forward to for 2010:

The cosplayer gatherings staff will be running the "Fanime 2010 Theme Gathering" ... in case you haven't heard the news :) and the theme is "Fantasy RPG".

A cosplay related event held each day that will be run/announced by myself or my second and organized through cosplayer gatherings department. When I have a couple of things nailed down I will be listing tons of info on it :P

The Gathering Info Boards will be listing the info differently. I see the breakdown of the info like this... Thurs, Fri, & Sat cosplayer gatherings & event info & THEN .... Putting Sunday & Mondays info up. I May list Saturday's info by itself, but it will depend on how everything comes together in 2010.

I love raffles :P so I would like to throw one or two at the table.

Central location of cosplayer needs :) In other words I would like to make the "Cosplayer Gatherings Table" area longer and include a few people to expedite our cosplayer needs ;p

I am currently trying to do a logistics plan on our over all gathering areas. I see a great need to better address/breakdown the different areas for gatherings so that peeps can find them better, photogs aren't in the area doing a private shoot during a scheduled gathering, I CAN FIND YOU  *MWAHHAHAHA *giggles.. seriously though I did struggle to find a few gatherings this last year. When an organizer doesn't check into the table and they happen to be a series I haven't watched/played it makes it hard for me to do presentations, photos, or Random Funness that I LOVE to do! Hey if the big guys give me extra tickets to an extravaganza going on (Yamaga's dinner party this last year) I want to be give those away to the cospeeps!  SO PLEASE CHECK IN ^^)

There is more to come, but look for those changes in the Official List thread later on.

Hugs to all (Squidges)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Quote from: BSaphire on July 11, 2009, 08:04:57 AM
Quote from: Eliteslayer on July 08, 2009, 02:39:07 PM
Organizing a cosplay event: "Cosplay Battle! Three-Pose Fights." (There is no actual fighting involved, in spite of the name.)
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12850.0.html
Please let me know if there are any issues with this event, but rest assured that it's totally safe.

I'll be posting a thread on cosplay.com as well, once I make sure there are no issues.

Plus, I intend to host a gathering for the works of Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima, etcetera). I'll post a thread for that soon.

Also, it's a bit late, but thanks for making last year's gathering stuff go so smoothly, B. It was my first time hosting a gathering, and even though the gathering itself had its issues, you and all the staff were incredibly helpful and great.
^^) From all of us... Your welcome :)

This sounds interesting... Which convention did you see Cosplay Battle! Three-Pose Fight: at? I have listed in between the forum sections on the list which is where I will be listing all individual (or separate from an immediate gathering) type cosplayer events. There may be some small issues with it, but we can modify that as any changes needed comes along.

I saw it at SakuraCon a few years ago, although it was going by the name "Dark Tournament" there, as I recall. That was the only year I went to that con, so I don't know if they did it any years afterwards, but I had fun at it so I wanted to bring it to Fanime. And just let me know if there's any issues that arise and it can be changed easily enough.

Also, I just posted the thread for the Works of Ken Akamatsu gathering; I'm hoping enough people will be interested in that to make a complete gathering, so here's the thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12882.0.html (will post it in cosplay.com soon, too).
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Ryo_Hellsing

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

CaptTreasureTroveTi

2010 Organizer of: Death Note, Pandora Hearts

*is still uploading Fanime 2009 photos x.x*

Vensy

Zomg.. :o No Vocaloid gathering yet? ;w;  Someone make one!! >w< Rawr~~
Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

BSaphire

So I have updated the list of URLs for the 2010 threads. The first week of October I will start checking each gathering thread to see if the following are listed on the first post:
Fanime photo disclaimer
cosplayer and character attending as list
the number of attending so far

I will be adding the " ? " to the front of the thread of those who don't currently qualify as a gathering. When the requirements are met I will move you back to the main list.

As many can see from the list of threads I have much work ahead of me. Please help me out by updating your first post with the current attending and make sure your Fanime photo disclaimer is already up there.

Domo Arigatou
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

D001

Myself (D) and Ginryuu are co-hosting the Saiyuki gathering.

I'm managing the thread on these forums here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12954.0.html
and Ginryuu is managing the thread on cos.com here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=189413

It's my first time hosting a gathering, so I hope I get everything correct!  I'll be PM'ing you when we have all of the required info :D

Thanks!
D
D

Next Costumes: Goujun (Saiyuki), Sanzo (Saiyuki), King of Tai (Twelve Kingdoms), Mihai (DOGS), Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)?, Rapunzel (Tangled)?

Yukari Kaiba

I can't believe I haven't posted the Bleach meetup in here yet, but you already got it up on the first page so you're one step ahead of me XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

RyuSan777

hey b plz drop the initial d gathering on the fourums list it seems no1 is interested
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

Rozuki

Okay. So.
The link for the Tales of ~ gathering takes you to a Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi thread on both this list and the list on Cosplay.com.
I also searched around for the Tales of ~ gathering threads myself, but couldn't find any. So, is there any way to check the link or just see if the gathering exists anymore? Because if not, a group of friends and I would be willing to try and host it.
Thank you in advance! ^^;;

BSaphire

RyuSan: I dropped the Initial D thread url ^^( I'm sure that someone will cosplay from Initial D this year, but it would have been cool to see a group together... maybe it will happen anyway

Rozuki: Thanks for letting me know about the Tales of ... url... it is fixed now on both forums. It always helps me to have a second set of eyes. ^^)

List updated!
Have a great weekend!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rozuki

Thank you so much BSaphire! ^^;; And I was happy to help out!

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Eliteslayer

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on September 24, 2009, 04:30:37 PM
How about a Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering?

I hosted one last year. It... had some problems. Still trying to decide whether I should try again or just stick with the Works of Ken Akamatsu one I'm currently trying to organize.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on September 24, 2009, 04:30:37 PM
How about a Yu-Gi-Oh! Gathering?
YGO is a Jump title so any Yugi cospeeps are always welcome to join in the Shonen Jump gathering on Sunday. ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

maikiritori

Hello everyone. I just wanted to formally introduce myself and I thought this would be a good place, since you cosplayers are the ones I really wanted to get to know.
My name is Sara (sometimes known as maikiritori) and I am the Cosplay Gatherings Department Second. I know I met a lot of you @ Fanime 09 and if I seemed a little distant or flakey, I apologize. Fanime 09 was my first big con and I was a bit overhwelmed. I had a great time meeting you guys and shooting some photos. You all helped to make me realize that I really do love helping to organize the gatherings (evem if just a little, beacue B does a LOT). I am looking forward to meeting you guys again in 10!

Good luck in all of your projects.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Avairrianna

Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe