Sorry about it :-[
I'll get this clear up ASAP :-X
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

RiaMia89

...nevermind...we're not looking for a roomie after all...sorry for troubling everyone. :(

~Ria
~Heck yes!

sushicow

Sorry about that :-[
I got everything settled and let me do this again :-[

So, we have about 8 5 (since we excluded 2 other members who also need room and found it themselves) and we have about 2 girls, 6 5 guys (numbers might go up or down), mainly 16-17s. We are planning to stay for all 4 nights (Thursday 21st-Monday 25th). We won't mind paying, but hopefully not over $100. All we ask for is:

• if possible, we all stay in the same hotel and not split(except if we are split between Hilton and Marriott because it's on con site) If not then we will have to take whatever is available for us
  • we know who we are staying with. Therefore we would like to meet before the con.
  • No smoking/alcohol drinking/drugs use/crime record/etc.

If you have any questions or can take people, please feel free to PM me about it or reach us via our club email: [email protected]

edit:edit: We also just came across a problem...One of our couples don't want to be separate, so if possible, can we keep these two together :-\ never mind...I think that problem just resolved itself :-X

Once again, I'm deeply apologies for the problem we have caused a few page back :-[
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

FanFicGuru

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on January 10, 2009, 01:07:58 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on January 09, 2009, 11:45:27 PM
You know...when they ask for roomates you would still have to pay. If you have 8 people, it is easier to get 2 rooms and have 4 to a room for the weekend among yourselves without the headaches of outside people. Just saying.
Yes that's true. But that was our original plan. As it turns out, we just do not have enough for all four nights for two rooms. From what me and the VP calculated, we need $1300+ the deposit. And each member going would have to pay up roughly $160 if I remember correctly. We just do not want to have our members to burn holes in their pockets just to get a hotel room. Not to mention that they need spending money on goods and food. -_-;
Getting the members to room with others is our cheapest option at the moment....

This is to both you and Sushi-

My advice? Drop ~250 dollars off the price by not staying Thursday night. I mean, I'm guessing you guys have classes that Friday, because most of the high schools are in session still, and I"m thinking the school might notice a pattern if 10 of the students that were missing were in the anime club and, oh look, there's a convention. Seriously, you really don't need to stay over Thursday night. the Dealers room doesn't even open til mid afternoon, I think the opening ceremonies are around 1 or 2 PM...it's just not worth it and you would save a LOT. Yeah it's fun/convenient to be there thursday night, but if you've got money troubles and trying to coordinate it with 10 people...beggars can't be choosers. That's mainly what I'm saying.

That will bring your hotel cost down to ~1000 dollars. Which is $100 per member. You're still going to have like 5 people in each room though the maximum occupancy is 4, but at least you're trying for  2 rooms instead of cramming 10 people in one room (as people have done in the past).

If you could find a parent to hold the room on their card, you'd be set...because the only other major obstacle I see is that you guys are all under 18 and therefore couldn't get a hotel room if you wanted to. Unless someone will be 18 by the convention...

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

sushicow

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 13, 2009, 11:15:55 AM
You know...when they ask for roomates you would still have to pay. If you have 8 people, it is easier to get 2 rooms and have 4 to a room for the weekend among yourselves without the headaches of outside people. Just saying.
Yes that's true. But that was our original plan. As it turns out, we just do not have enough for all four nights for two rooms. From what me and the VP calculated, we need $1300+ the deposit. And each member going would have to pay up roughly $160 if I remember correctly. We just do not want to have our members to burn holes in their pockets just to get a hotel room. Not to mention that they need spending money on goods and food. -_-;
Getting the members to room with others is our cheapest option at the moment....

My advice? Drop ~250 dollars off the price by not staying Thursday night. I mean, I'm guessing you guys have classes that Friday, because most of the high schools are in session still, and I"m thinking the school might notice a pattern if 10 of the students that were missing were in the anime club and, oh look, there's a convention. Seriously, you really don't need to stay over Thursday night. the Dealers room doesn't even open til mid afternoon, I think the opening ceremonies are around 1 or 2 PM...it's just not worth it and you would save a LOT. Yeah it's fun/convenient to be there thursday night, but if you've got money troubles and trying to coordinate it with 10 people...beggars can't be choosers. That's mainly what I'm saying.

That will bring your hotel cost down to ~1000 dollars. Which is $100 per member. You're still going to have like 5 people in each room though the maximum occupancy is 4, but at least you're trying for  2 rooms instead of cramming 10 people in one room (as people have done in the past).

If you could find a parent to hold the room on their card, you'd be set...because the only other major obstacle I see is that you guys are all under 18 and therefore couldn't get a hotel room if you wanted to. Unless someone will be 18 by the convention...

Well, we are getting this approved by the school as a "field trip" on Friday, so they wouldn't really notice much, other then those kids went to a "field trip" on Friday.

Alright...somehow, our housing problem just resolved itself down to like 2 people ._.;;;
...So yeah...
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

sushicow

Quote from: sushicow on January 13, 2009, 08:42:11 PM

Well, we are getting this approved by the school as a "field trip" on Friday, so they wouldn't really notice much, other then those kids went to a "field trip" on Friday.

Alright...somehow, our housing problem just resolved itself down to like 2-3 people ._.;;;
...So yeah...
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

Tsuzuki3691

Hi :D I am looking for a roommate for FANIME 2009 and I would like to know if any one is willing to have  me as a roommate I am going to be 18 by the convention and am willing to book the hotel I wouldn't be muck of a bother since I plan to volunteer for most of the event and I would like to me some of the guest Email me at [email protected] I owuld rather not room with guys but if I have to that ok

kaykay209

Roommates Wanted!

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal. And were not creepy either.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish. And you cant be creepy. (we had a sorta bad experience with someone that was really creepy last year)

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. We are planning on having 6 to 8 people in the room to make it as cheap as possible. I have had 10+ people in a room and didn't have any problems. It was actually a lot of fun. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

My friends: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Inusgirl

Well i live right  down the street from the convention center lol. Im a girl and looking 4 more ppl to room with who are cosplaying as any capcom characters oranyone from naruto bleach or final fantasy.... but i can provide housing for a very low fee or a group of us might decide to get a hotel and just split it like 8 ways lol
im or email me at [email protected]
im also on coplay.com as inusgirl
and myspace.com/sesshiesgirl

wickedbi1ch

I have two spaces open in an already booked Hilton San Jose room, the price per person is $116.25 and the room is booked from Fri. May 22- Mon. May 25.

I ask that only those who are staying all of those days reply because I don't want to go through the headache of evenly dividing prices for those who only want to use the room certain days.
I would prefer:
males (since this room is for the guys)
personally responsible/reliable people
no alcohol/drugs/inappropriate behavior (making others VERY uncomfortable)
NO STEALING- theft will result in being kicked out of the room w/out refund
We do not condone any criminal acts of any sort.

The other two room mates are male teens 15-17 years, the room is booked under me and I'll actually be in another room. (I will not be doing physical check-ins).

Payment is as follows:
1) through pay-pal in advance (<-----would appreciate it)
or
2) in the lobby of the hotel on Friday May 22, 2009 right before check-in

no money, no key simple as that. The price $116.25 is the final price, because the room is booked so the price will not change at all.

If interested or need more information, please contact me at:

[email protected]

myspace.com/deaths_mistress_vampire

PS I am Jenn.

Spaces are taken!!!

~ Life's easy because of its hardships....

FANIME '09!!!!!!

SirVincent

no more room  ;D
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

Long

Okay, um. I have a room in the Marriot. I think it's only a one king sized bed, because all the doubles were taken, but I'm a bit confused if that's really the case or not. I myself will be sleeping on a rollaway bed, and my roomie will be taking the king bed probably.

We're looking for like one or two more people to room with us and split the bill. With one more person, each person will have to pay about $96. With two more people, each of us will pay $72.50

We're booked for Friday night through Monday morning, and we'd really much prefer if those were the days you're staying for. I'm 20, he's 19 I think or 18. We're both guys. You'll probably have to bring sleeping bags unless you don't mind all cuddling up to my roommate or something. Dx

We're looking for responsible people who WILL pay their share of the hotel fee on sight or through paypal in advance. No staying the weekend and saying you'll pay it at the end of the con. We know you won't, you know you won't. Please be generally tidy.

We're cool pretty cool with most people as long as you're rational, and don't act like insane or something. If you're just hyper, it's okay, cosplayers, otaku, hentai fans, yaoi fans, etc. okay. (As long as something lewd doesn't go on in our room. Our tv is not for watching hentai. AND NO BRINGING PEOPLE INTO THE ROOM FOR... YANNO. )

Males, probably preferred simply because most girls would be uncomfortable sharing a room with guys, but if you don't mind, then girls are fine too. We prefer people over the age of 18, since they're usually (trick word here) more responsible, and more likely to actually pay for their share of the room. If you're interested please email me at [email protected] .

Thanks. =]

dreamingdead13

Quote from: kaykay209 on January 16, 2009, 03:08:42 PM
Roommates Wanted!

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal. And were not creepy either.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish. And you cant be creepy. (we had a sorta bad experience with someone that was really creepy last year)

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. We are planning on having 6 to 8 people in the room to make it as cheap as possible. I have had 10+ people in a room and didn't have any problems. It was actually a lot of fun. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

My friends: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

hi im really interesting in roomating with u guys - i am  18 - girl , my friend is 17 girl , this is my first time going to fanime con so and also sharing a room. im very trustful the same with my friend - and both of us want to save the most money we can lol
email me ; [email protected] ^_^

dreamingdead13

hi i'm looking for a place to roommate with for the fanimecon - im 18 and female - first time going to Fanimecon but i have gone other conventions - looking for place for friday - monday - i might get friend to come with me, so it might be two people - email me !!! :D ps - im very trust worthy so dont worry  ;)

emil- [email protected]

elfgirlkaname

Hi I have 2-3 spaces available, rates depend on how many people are in the room.
I only know that me and my sister are going for sure right now but I have 2 friends that might be going as well :D  I would like girls please and no alcohol or smoking! We will be there from Thursday till Monday afternoon
so for 4 nights if we have 6 people it would be 89.53
around 22.40 per night

also cross posted to this website http://web.me.com/al_elric/fanime/Hotel_Days/Hotel_Days.html

if you would like to stay with me or my sister you can e-mail me at [email protected]

also any BJD's are welcome as well, I have 3 I will be bringing :)

edit: I am booked at the Marriot, also if you could pay a week in advance through paypal that would be great! or cash when you get there
I will give my cell# to anyone rooming with me so that you can contact me for a room key or if you would like to talk to me

I am also elfgirlkaname on www.denofangels.com/forums   and on www.junkyspot.com/OBITSU/forums

you can e-mail me with any questions you have  :D

Runewitt

Quote from: SirVincent on February 07, 2009, 12:36:01 AM
OK lets see how this works out, my name is Vincent and I had gotten a 2 bed room in the Marriott for Friday to Monday for me and my friends but now they can go and I would still like to go. So looking for nice people to fill out the room and hang out with. (being at con all by your self is sad) any way I'm looking for and fun people over 21 years old(may rethink that for the right people) cosplayers and women or man are ok also i will not make you drink but odd are good that I will, but not too much ;).

my myspace is http://www.myspace.com/sirvincent_hg

PS I have not been on for like 2 years so i will be updating it.
whats the going rate for room splitting?
m/22/ns
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

WaffoCellist

Alright...somehow, our housing problem just resolved itself down to like 2 people ._.;;;
...So yeah...

....since this is an approved school field trip, you should be staying in hotel rooms that are booked under your anime club for LEGAL reasons.  If anyone at school (i.e. administrators) found out your club members were doing this and not following the proper rules of going on a sanctioned field trip (i.e. teacher/adult chaperon, assigned rooms for members, field trip/medical release forms, etc.) your club would be shut down and your adviser would be in deep doo-doo.

I now that the economy is rough and that you are all trying to save money, but you have to put things in perspective in terms of what a school club can do and can't do on a field trip.  Just because you aren't going to be on school grounds, doesn't mean that the school rules fly out the window.

So knowing that...we shall discuss this tomorrow at the anime club meeting.  You have been forewarned....
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

FanFicGuru

,This has been mentioned many times before, but I just wanted to put it out there in this thread as well. First of all, whatever you decide to do when setting up roommates, etc. is obviously up to you, and I'm not telling you to change your plans, simply consider this before you continue.

The rooms are supposed to have a MAXIMUM occupancy of 4 people. 6 people if you have a suite. Choosing to fill these rooms with upwards of 8-10 people is not only a fire hazard, but a poor reflection on Fanime attendees as a whole. Sure some people may think it's "fun" or "exciting" returning to a room where there are bodies everywhere, including the closets, and piles of swag left and right, but the reality is that housekeeping will notice if they are having to clean up for 8 people rather than 4. If hotel staff realizes that you are housing more than the maximum occupancy allowed, you will be asked to leave the hotel because you have put them in danger of being cited and fined by the fire department should there be some sort of emergency.

Another reason not to have so many people is the noise level. Contrary to popular belief, there are non-fanime goers in the hotels during Memorial Day weekend. Downtown San Jose has a number of tourist attractions and some people use the 3 day weekend to make a trip to San Jose to see the Tech museum or take their kids to the Discovery museum or whatever. As it is, many of the travelers who aren't part of fanime have left fairly strong reviews on places like Tripadvisor complaining of the noise problems they experienced during the Fanime weekend. Now imagine the average noise level of a room full of high-school to college aged anime fans and multiply it by 2. Hopefully you're beginning to understand how this could be an issue. One call to the front desk and all 8-10 of you are now out of a room.

Finally, and this might be a bit of a stretch, but don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to cram people into a room for the sake of "cheaper rooms" when CMR, Craige and other Fanime staff members have worked so hard to provide Fanime with a REALLY good deal for Memorial day weekend? Honestly, splitting a room 4 ways averages to about 100 dollars for 3 nights, it's not that bad at all.

So there you go, that's about all I have to say but I hope that people considering cramming their rooms with more people will think twice.

NOTE: One final thing, I understand that rooms are selling out faster than ever and people really want to be close to the action, but if you get kicked out of the room for having too many people you'll be in the same situation anyways.
Swap meet staff - 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: WaffoCellist on February 19, 2009, 12:06:50 PM

...So yeah...

....since this is an approved school field trip, you should be staying in hotel rooms that are booked under your anime club for LEGAL reasons.  If anyone at school (i.e. administrators) found out your club members were doing this and not following the proper rules of going on a sanctioned field trip (i.e. teacher/adult chaperon, assigned rooms for members, field trip/medical release forms, etc.) your club would be shut down and your adviser would be in deep doo-doo.

I now that the economy is rough and that you are all trying to save money, but you have to put things in perspective in terms of what a school club can do and can't do on a field trip.  Just because you aren't going to be on school grounds, doesn't mean that the school rules fly out the window.

So knowing that...we shall discuss this tomorrow at the anime club meeting.  You have been forewarned....

Well, technically even in high school if the students are alone they can do whatever they want. The problem is if they attempt to use the fact that they belong to "X High School Anime Club" to gain access to benefits without following the rules of the school that the club gets shut down and the counselor in deep doo doo. So it's very different for say, 2 high school seniors to get a hotel room for Fanime as opposed to 4 high schoolers who all use the fact that they belong to such and such anime club in order to receive a discount etc. As long as the students are acting independently the school couldn't possibly attempt to reign them in on an individual basis.
Swap meet staff - 2014

SirVincent

Quote from: Runewitt on February 19, 2009, 03:16:45 AM
Quote from: SirVincent on February 07, 2009, 12:36:01 AM
OK lets see how this works out, my name is Vincent and I had gotten a 2 bed room in the Marriott for Friday to Monday for me and my friends but now they can go and I would still like to go. So looking for nice people to fill out the room and hang out with. (being at con all by your self is sad) any way I'm looking for and fun people over 21 years old(may rethink that for the right people) cosplayers and women or man are ok also i will not make you drink but odd are good that I will, but not too much ;).

my myspace is http://www.myspace.com/sirvincent_hg

PS I have not been on for like 2 years so i will be updating it.
whats the going rate for room splitting?
m/22/ns
ok as of right now it looks like this
2 people $285 for friday to monday
3 people $193for Friday to Monday
4 people $147 for Friday to monday
PS unlike most people on here I would like not to put 10 people in a room. you can email me at [email protected]
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.