General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2009

Started by KyraEnsui, August 25, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

KyraEnsui

Hotels are not up yet, but a good way to plan ahead. You know the rules and general idea. Let's have an awesome Fanime 2009.

Hotels are up! Reserve your room ASAP!

Fanime is in 3 days! I hope everyone has some arrangements for their stay during the con. Please remember that I will lock this post on Friday, May 22 at 11:59pm.

Thank you and have fun!

Barnes

Dang, already?

Aw, screw it, I'll just crash in someone else's room.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

otakuapprentice

I'm already set for next year; good luck to everyone else.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

nycmimo

I'm looking for roomies near the con. Travelling from NYC and don't need to spend more money on cabs. I may get the suite if I have others willing to split.
NYC :: Model :: Mimo
Who should I cosplay?

Shi_Musouka

Ahh, you know what, I'm not going this year so forget this message.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: nycmimo on September 08, 2008, 04:34:18 PM
I'm looking for roomies near the con. Travelling from NYC and don't need to spend more money on cabs. I may get the suite if I have others willing to split.

Hey, Me and other friends are planning the same thing! Care to combine our efforts? SO far we have 3 maybe 5 people. 3 definately.

nycmimo

Quote from: SukebeStudios on September 13, 2008, 02:13:11 AM
Hey, Me and other friends are planning the same thing! Care to combine our efforts? SO far we have 3 maybe 5 people. 3 definately.

How exactly does this work anyway? Do we tell the hotel we are going to crash 10 people in one room or do we just get a double bed room and sneak in? Never did it before.
Who should I cosplay?

SukebeStudios

Well, every year we plan on getting a two bed room. Then just let people crash. We're planning to get a suite and do that. WE don't sneak around...we just...don't tell em. WE don't hide it though.

Steve.Young

Quote from: SukebeStudios on September 14, 2008, 07:51:30 PM
Well, every year we plan on getting a two bed room. Then just let people crash. We're planning to get a suite and do that. WE don't sneak around...we just...don't tell em. WE don't hide it though.

Exactly.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

nycmimo

LMAO!!  ;)

Well, I sorta have a place to crash, but I sorta need backup. I dont know... I guess when the time comes closer I'll figure it out, but keep me on the "list" if anything. I don't want to fly all the way from NYC and end up sleeping in a box for the weekend.
Who should I cosplay?

OtakuMessiah

Crashing rooms...doesn't sound half bad, and it saves you money.... ;D. Naw I got my own room with a two of my friends, but if some ladies want to join then that would be better  8)
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

SukebeStudios

Anyone needs a place to stay, our list is still open. send me a PM, and I'll get back to ya.

AmazonPrincess

My friend Jay and I will be looking for at most two people to join us in our room.

In intend to book at the Sainte Claire, check-in on Thursday and check-out on Monday.

We're looking for two people over the age of 21, who don't mind drinking and such, but aren't crazy party people. My ideal con roommate situation involves everybody being able to geek out and have fun, and have a chill place to go to and get some sleep and BATHE! :-)

(And to note on the age thing, it's non-negotiable. Jay and I will be drinking, the reservation will be under my name, I don't want to get in any trouble with any potential underage drinking. At all. End of story.)
"Just remember, wherever you go... There you are." -Buckaroo Banzai The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

faymous

Quote from: nycmimo on September 08, 2008, 04:34:18 PM

I'd be willing to get a suite with you if we can find a least a couple others in the idea =D

destranacion

i had a falling out with my ex girlfriend. she and i have gone to the con as friends for the last four years. im lost when it comes to going at it alone and cant even imagine being alone in the hotel. i may ask for you to pay for some of the cost but as it ends up i might just pay it all. what i want is somone who wont steal from me, is generally cool and will just keep me company when we are both in the room. no gender or age restrictions. my only requirment is that we meet up to get to know each other first. i have to like the person lol.im a male, if you have gone to the convention before you may know me as jesus
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: destranacion on November 01, 2008, 05:59:36 PM
i had a falling out with my ex girlfriend. she and i have gone to the con as friends for the last four years. im lost when it comes to going at it alone and cant even imagine being alone in the hotel. i may ask for you to pay for some of the cost but as it ends up i might just pay it all. what i want is somone who wont steal from me, is generally cool and will just keep me company when we are both in the room. no gender or age restrictions. my only requirment is that we meet up to get to know each other first. i have to like the person lol.im a male, if you have gone to the convention before you may know me as jesus
Ooh~! I want to room with you! I don't know about paying for some of the cost yet, but if I can I'll let you know. I'm a female currently 16 but by the time Fanime comes around I'll be 17. I swear on my artistic skills that I will NOT steal (drawing is my absolute livelyhood). Stealing is REALLY not cool.
Just 1 question, are you going to be in one of the hotels connected to the convention center? I prefer to stay as close as possible just so that I can have more fun.

destranacion

[/quote]
Ooh~! I want to room with you! I don't know about paying for some of the cost yet, but if I can I'll let you know. I'm a female currently 16 but by the time Fanime comes around I'll be 17. I swear on my artistic skills that I will NOT steal (drawing is my absolute livelyhood). Stealing is REALLY not cool.
Just 1 question, are you going to be in one of the hotels connected to the convention center? I prefer to stay as close as possible just so that I can have more fun.
[/quote]
yes, probably the marriott but maybe the hilton
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: destranacion on November 08, 2008, 04:42:55 PM
yes, probably the marriott but maybe the hilton
Then yes, I will room with you. ^_^ Still not sure about paying for some of the cost. I'm still saving.

smurfqueen

And so the craze starts, though it does feel a little early.

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish.

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. We are planning on having 6 to 8 people in the room to make it as cheap as possible. I have had 10+ people in a room for the last two years and didn't have any problems. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Kaylene: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

LordKefka

10+ people in a room? uhh.. is there a person per drawer slot?
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor