General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2009

Started by KyraEnsui, August 25, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

KyraEnsui

It's good to plan things early in advance, just in case if there's any sudden changes popping up along the way. Even though the hotels are not up, it's good to think where to stay and estimate how much it will cost per person. Also, to let others know that they can share room space if they can't book a hotel.

Oh yes. Please don't overcrowd a room with more than 4 people in the room even if the reason is that it helps the cost cheap because it's a fire hazard and can get you kick out.

Just remember to please be courtesy and respect your roommates. Thank you.

smurfqueen

Yea it worked pretty well though. We all kept different time though so there were never very many people in the room at once. I think the only time I saw everyone was monday morning.

Jail Bait

Quote from: destranacion on November 01, 2008, 05:59:36 PM
i had a falling out with my ex girlfriend. she and i have gone to the con as friends for the last four years. im lost when it comes to going at it alone and cant even imagine being alone in the hotel. i may ask for you to pay for some of the cost but as it ends up i might just pay it all. what i want is somone who wont steal from me, is generally cool and will just keep me company when we are both in the room. no gender or age restrictions. my only requirment is that we meet up to get to know each other first. i have to like the person lol.im a male, if you have gone to the convention before you may know me as jesus

It's MATT/JESUS/QUESADILLA MAN! OMG it's been like a million years since I last saw you!

If you can't recognize me, it's chandra! I miss you guys! I'm so not rooming with you again, though! You need to visit since you missed Troy's b-day! Call my house, Jesus!

Oh, Sam wants to room with you (samantha, the cuddly chubby one who everyone thought she graduated with you guys) I already got my room in the Hilton!

Are you and Iris ok?

questionette

i had a falling out with my ex girlfriend. she and i have gone to the con as friends for the last four years. im lost when it comes to going at it alone and cant even imagine being alone in the hotel. i may ask for you to pay for some of the cost but as it ends up i might just pay it all. what i want is somone who wont steal from me, is generally cool and will just keep me company when we are both in the room. no gender or age restrictions. my only requirment is that we meet up to get to know each other first. i have to like the person lol.im a male, if you have gone to the convention before you may know me as jesus

If things don't work out with my friends (which they probably won't) I would definitely be interested in this :)
I'm an 18 year old female, going away to college next year so this will be my last fanime D:
*cough* honor's student *cough* trustworthy

Anywayyy, if you're interested in rooming with me let me know :D
And I'm more than willing to split the cost of the room!
(check my facebook for more info on me, it's on my forum profile)

wickedbi1ch

OMG you remember Sam and Kelley right? they want to go to fanime too but what happened was Chan and my group were able to get the stuff together faster so I was able to get a room, but they are left without a room, is it possible if they room with you? There's also another guy who wants to go to fanime as well but he only knows us ^^ wanna make a full house with them?

Chan's got my email as well
~ Life's easy because of its hardships....

FANIME '09!!!!!!

Poof-Aro

EDIT: Never mind . . . apparentl my friend was recruiting people without my knowloage. Sorry for the time waste.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
Vaporeon
The Black and Silver Steampunk

My Cosplay Page

Imabunny

Hello....I'm new to this. I'm from the Eastcoast and I got some crazy idea to go to Fanime. So I bought my tickets and alls set...except I dont have a room... I'm going all alone to meet some friends, but they live there and can't put me up for the weekend.

Basically, I'm looking for someone with a room who will give me a place to sleep. I have no problem paying my part.

Jail Bait

My friend hasn't booked her room yet because as of now she only has about two people (including her) in the room, so if you're planning to stay for four nights (beginning Thursday 21 May 2009- Monday 25 May 2009) then the price would be around $193 for each person (total of 4 people). 15+ are welcome, we currently have two spaces open.

Room rules (because the booker is 18)

1. No smoking/drinking/drugs
2. No felonous acts/criminal record
3. Want to get to know you (trust factor)
       forward your myspace page or my friend at: myspace.com/deaths_mistress_vampire (should have a profile pic of a panda wearing a cap)
       or email us at [email protected] or [email protected]

4. must pay in advance (to book the room)
5. must leave name and contact

sweetchorizo

I normally get a room and share it with a couple of friends but this next upcoming year I might be 2 people short since one will be getting her own room for once and the other's wife is having a baby around that time and he may not be going to fanime next year.  I normally get a room near or attached to the con.

Imabunny

Quote from: AmazonPrincess on October 25, 2008, 02:20:03 PM
My friend Jay and I will be looking for at most two people to join us in our room.

In intend to book at the Sainte Claire, check-in on Thursday and check-out on Monday.

We're looking for two people over the age of 21, who don't mind drinking and such, but aren't crazy party people. My ideal con roommate situation involves everybody being able to geek out and have fun, and have a chill place to go to and get some sleep and BATHE! :-)

(And to note on the age thing, it's non-negotiable. Jay and I will be drinking, the reservation will be under my name, I don't want to get in any trouble with any potential underage drinking. At all. End of story.)

Hello,
I saw your post and thought I'd see if you were still looking for roomies. I'm 24. This will be my first time going to a Fanime Con. In fact it will be my first time in CA. I'm really easy going and not wild and crazy. I'm just going out there to have fun and meet some new people. Most importantly I'm looking for a place to sleep and Bathe.

WrentheFaceless

Quote from: AmazonPrincess on October 25, 2008, 02:20:03 PM
My friend Jay and I will be looking for at most two people to join us in our room.

In intend to book at the Sainte Claire, check-in on Thursday and check-out on Monday.

We're looking for two people over the age of 21, who don't mind drinking and such, but aren't crazy party people. My ideal con roommate situation involves everybody being able to geek out and have fun, and have a chill place to go to and get some sleep and BATHE! :-)

(And to note on the age thing, it's non-negotiable. Jay and I will be drinking, the reservation will be under my name, I don't want to get in any trouble with any potential underage drinking. At all. End of story.)

If you're still looking I wouldn't mind some room mates to save money and those days work for me as well

I'm 25 and pretty much what you described, drink on occasion but not a crazy partier.  So if you're still looking let me know

email: [email protected]
AIM: WrentheFaceless

jadedoll

My cousin and I just need a place to stay for saturday night because we're not staying for fanime the whole weekend. I'll might be able to pay for some of it but I'm still trying to save up. we're 14 and 15 age pref dun matter. neither does gender.

jadedoll

Quote from: faymous on October 26, 2008, 10:37:55 AM
Quote from: nycmimo on September 08, 2008, 04:34:18 PM
I'm looking for roomies near the con. Travelling from NYC and don't need to spend more money on cabs. I may get the suite if I have others willing to split.

I'd be willing to get a suite with you if we can find a least a couple others in the idea =D
My cousin and I need a place to stay just for saturday night because we're only going for saturday and sunday. I'd we willing to pay some but I"m still not sure how much because I'm trying to save up.

sushicow

I'm the VP of my Anime Club and we need to find someone/a bunch of people who are willing allow us to room with them during the weekend from Thursday-Monday :-\
Need reply ASAP
We have about 8 people.
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: sushicow on January 09, 2009, 06:35:07 PM
I'm the VP of my Anime Club and we need to find someone/a bunch of people who are willing allow us to room with them during the weekend from Thursday-Monday :-\
Need reply ASAP
We have about 8 people.
And I'm the President of the same Anime Club. We really need others to help us out. We're really short on money and our school has locked any money from clubs and other groups due to, well what else, money problems. But thank goodness we didn't deposit our fund money *phew* Therefore, the school won't help either. (Mind you we're a high school anime club)
Please, please help us someone.

sushicow

...why do I even bother posting if you are just going to come in and post as well -.-;;;
Anyways, the only problem I came up with is that we would like to have all our members stay in the same hotel, if possible.
Club e-mail: [email protected]
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

Steve.Young

You know...when they ask for roomates you would still have to pay. If you have 8 people, it is easier to get 2 rooms and have 4 to a room for the weekend among yourselves without the headaches of outside people. Just saying.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: Steve.Young on January 09, 2009, 11:45:27 PM
You know...when they ask for roomates you would still have to pay. If you have 8 people, it is easier to get 2 rooms and have 4 to a room for the weekend among yourselves without the headaches of outside people. Just saying.
Yes that's true. But that was our original plan. As it turns out, we just do not have enough for all four nights for two rooms. From what me and the VP calculated, we need $1300+ the deposit. And each member going would have to pay up roughly $160 if I remember correctly. We just do not want to have our members to burn holes in their pockets just to get a hotel room. Not to mention that they need spending money on goods and food. -_-;
Getting the members to room with others is our cheapest option at the moment....

sushicow

Quote from: LightandDarkSoul on January 10, 2009, 01:07:58 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on January 09, 2009, 11:45:27 PM
Yes that's true. But that was our original plan. As it turns out, we just do not have enough for all four nights for two rooms. From what me and the VP calculated, we need $1300+ the deposit. And each member going would have to pay up roughly $160 if I remember correctly. We just do not want to have our members to burn holes in their pockets just to get a hotel room. Not to mention that they need spending money on goods and food. -_-;
Getting the members to room with others is our cheapest option at the moment....
*sigh* L&DSoul, if you are going to do all the talking for me, then don't assign me to do all these internet work >:(
Either that or let me handle things, gao >:(

Well, anyways, just like what L&D said, we would do it but it's the money problem > 3>;;;
Also, we don't have any adults we can go to that have enough credits to get two hotel rooms for us for two nights :-[
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

ewu

maybe it would be better if this was taken offline and you go about resolve your internal issues before posting again.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom