General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2009

Started by KyraEnsui, August 25, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

Runewitt

Quote from: SirVincent on February 21, 2009, 03:10:54 AM
Quote from: Runewitt on February 19, 2009, 03:16:45 AM
Quote from: SirVincent on February 07, 2009, 12:36:01 AM
OK lets see how this works out, my name is Vincent and I had gotten a 2 bed room in the Marriott for Friday to Monday for me and my friends but now they can go and I would still like to go. So looking for nice people to fill out the room and hang out with. (being at con all by your self is sad) any way I'm looking for and fun people over 21 years old(may rethink that for the right people) cosplayers and women or man are ok also i will not make you drink but odd are good that I will, but not too much ;).

my myspace is http://www.myspace.com/sirvincent_hg

PS I have not been on for like 2 years so i will be updating it.
whats the going rate for room splitting?
m/22/ns
ok as of right now it looks like this
2 people $285 for friday to monday
3 people $193for Friday to Monday
4 people $147 for Friday to monday
PS unlike most people on here I would like not to put 10 people in a room. you can email me at [email protected]
thats almost as much as when i paid to stay at the ramada by myself. message me if you get someone else interested.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

USSRdog

My friends and I are looking for roomates for Fanime. We're staying at the San Jose Hilton, May 22nd-25th. We'll be driving from Los Angeles the 22nd so we'll be there around 4pm or eariler. We don't have many rules but the ones we have are important:

NO DRAMA..please
We won't fight for the beds, we're used to sleeping on the floor, but you can't be picky if you have to sleep on the floor
We'll be drinking; you can join if you wish, nothing will be forced
Since the Hilton has turned %100 non smoking, we'll be smoking Hookah outside of the hotel in a smoking area; again you may join
Most likely we'll be playing games/watching movies or anime late night

So far we have 6 people ( 3 girls, 3 guys) all over 21+, only one girl is 16. We're matured and well manner adults and looking for the same. We don't care for gender (the guys in the room are respectful), age must be over 16. We're going to ask for $90for the WHOLE stay. Like I said before, we don't fight for the beds but you can't complain if you have to. We're a fun group of friends who made a group called The E.P.S. debut at Anime Expo 2007. To find out more about us here's some links of us:

E.P.S. MySpace http://www.myspace.com/361920467

Cosspace Account http://www.cosspace.com/CommunistDog

YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/CommunistDog

Our YouTube videos will show just how fun we can be. If you're interested in rooming with us, send a PM or IM me over AIM.
It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life hums a long like a song. But the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when everything goes dead wrong.

wrathborne711

Ok well got myself a hotel room for the fairmont. from thursday-monday.

The reason we opted for thursday was lets face it, registering for the con on Friday, THEN going to the hotlel room to check in(they dont let you check in until like after 1 PM sometimes) it's just a lot easier to check in the day before and then rest for the day.

So far I have myself and two other friends, with possibly a 3rd friend joining us.

The room is at the fairmont, its a double and basically what I'm looking for is simple.

NO drama.
NO smoking
NO drinking
NO one under 21, as myself and my friends are all 25 and over we'd rather have someone closer to our age group. We've had enough drama in the past from younger anime fans and really the con is about relaxing.

I'm after someone who is responsible, has a good sense of humor, and eays going.

There is a slight chance I may be after another person for the room in the non too distant future future.

[email protected] if you're interested.

smurfqueen

ROOMMATES WANTED!!!

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there. We are asking for $50 for the weekend. If we get more people then we might lower it, if we don't it will still stay the same and we will pay the price difference.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish.

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. As of right now we have 6 people with the possibility of 2 more.  I have had 10+ people in a room for the last two years and didn't have any problems. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with, people tend to change plans fast. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Kaylene: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

elfgirlkaname

I'm still looking if you're a girl? ^_^
I have 4 people so far me, my sister and my friend :D and one other
if you are still looking we have space for you :D

my sister and I have a 4-person room booked at the marriot (it connects to the convention center) for thursday thru monday
I am 23 and my sister is 19 my friend is 16 and she is probabally going to bring her bjd's to the con, I'm bringing 3 ball jointed dolls(bjd) as well

the only rules would be, you don't get a keycard until you pay your share of the room bill
no smoking or drinking in the room (we have a non-smoking room), don't take things that aren't yours, and please ask before touching the dolls :D other than that I don't care how late you stay up or come back.

We will have some breakfast foods and snacks that we are bringing with us to share like muffins fruitbars and cup-noodles and prolly someting to drink too :D

we are planning on arriving on thursday morning sometime, putting our luggage on hold until check-in 3:00pm and leaving monday afternoon or night putting our luggage in the car after check-out 12:00pm

the price depends on how many people we can share a room with/split the bill with :D
537.14 is the price for the hotel for all four nights in a double bedded 4-person room
2people 268.57 (my sister and I)  per person
3people 179.05  per person
4people 134.29  per person
5people 107.43  per person
6people 89.53   per person
7people 76.74   per person

we will probally only have five or six people at the most

I will also give you my cell phone# so that when you get to the marriot I can give you your room key asap

if you have any questions please feel free to ask XD

email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

2 more spaces!! as of 5/08/09

chiggajigga

Alright, so this is my third time going to fanime, 06 08 and 09.

I'm not really a huge fan of anime, but enjoy the atmosphere; so here's what I'm looking for. I need few roommates, preferably girls.

I have already got a room in Fairmont, believe me it's bigger than Crowne and St., not sure about Marriot or Hilton.

Anyways, there are 4 other people and all we're trying to do is cut the cost down.

I don't have really requirements, but..
- Please, if you're big...don't even bother..causes too much problem
- Really chill....I don't deal with creepy ass people
- Someone who's outgoing and don't mind alcohol

That's all! Oh, as I've mentioned earlier, please females only...
It's a must, send me your picture or a website for me to see who you are
And we'll go from there.

email: [email protected]

StabArtist

Quote from: USSRdog on February 23, 2009, 11:43:57 PM
My friends and I are looking for roomates for Fanime. We're staying at the San Jose Hilton, May 22nd-25th. We'll be driving from Los Angeles the 22nd so we'll be there around 4pm or eariler. We don't have many rules but the ones we have are important:

NO DRAMA..please
We won't fight for the beds, we're used to sleeping on the floor, but you can't be picky if you have to sleep on the floor
We'll be drinking; you can join if you wish, nothing will be forced
Since the Hilton has turned %100 non smoking, we'll be smoking Hookah outside of the hotel in a smoking area; again you may join
Most likely we'll be playing games/watching movies or anime late night

So far we have 6 people ( 3 girls, 3 guys) all over 21+, only one girl is 16. We're matured and well manner adults and looking for the same. We don't care for gender (the guys in the room are respectful), age must be over 16. We're going to ask for $90for the WHOLE stay. Like I said before, we don't fight for the beds but you can't complain if you have to. We're a fun group of friends who made a group called The E.P.S. debut at Anime Expo 2007. To find out more about us here's some links of us:

E.P.S. MySpace http://www.myspace.com/361920467

Cosspace Account http://www.cosspace.com/CommunistDog

YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/CommunistDog

Our YouTube videos will show just how fun we can be. If you're interested in rooming with us, send a PM or IM me over AIM.
Hi there, read your roomies wanted post, and the info along with it, if your not full, i am interested in rooming with your group, sounds cool, i been out of luck thus far, hotel rooms for reserve seem mostly sold out, and the person whom i roomed with last year, is not going to fanimecon again, so yeah, been trying to find people to room with that i feel would be similar in vibe to the people i roomed with in 2008, and your group seems to be cool, so i am interested to room with you all if thats fine, 90 the whole stay is fine, as well as the number of people, not an issue (people i roomed with last year sometimes had 10 people in the room lol) and i don't have an issue sleeping on the couch, floor, and such, done it before, used to is by now. B )
and yeah, sent you an PM, but yeah, hope to hear from you soon, look forward to a reply. :-]

Jebisalpha

Wanted:  1 or 2 roommates

I have a non-smoking two double bedded room in the Marriott in the convention center for 3 days (friday night to sunday night).

My friend (who is a guy) and I are currently splitting the room, but the two other roommates we had lined up cannot go.

so if you are interested in bunking up for 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost, please email me at [email protected]:  make the subject something about Fanime 09.
-----------

SeDevri

Hello all, this is my first time going to Fanime, its going to be me and at least one other friend(maybe up to 4 but thats unlikely).  Anyway, I'm trying to find a room for us to crash in during the con, though we would not want to spend more than $100 each.  I'm a guy and so the other person that will be coming, any others that join me are unknown at the moment.  We are non-smokers but have no problem rooming with smokers and we are both over 21.  We would be there the whole time, Thursday through Monday but we could always just crash in my car Thursday night if your reservation is Friday through Monday. 

Anyway, at the moment I'm having computer problems so if you responded i'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
Sean

Trumby

Hey all

I'm a 23 year old male, I've got a room at the Marriott Thursday afternoon to Monday morning, looking for roomies. Would prefer people around my age (under 25). No smoking/drinking in the room. It is currently just me. If I get 3 other people it will be $134 per person with tax.

If you have any questions, PM me or add me on myspace and ask there: http://www.myspace.com/turambar
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

fangwulf

Hey there!  This is my first time going to Fanime, as I moved from the east coast (Katsucon and Otakon were high on my list), but it looks awesome!  I've got a car for that weekend all reserved, and I'll be arriving after work on Saturday; I'd like to stay till monday - just wondering if any of the room offers are still open!  Just lemme know!  I'll have my Chloe costume an' EVERYthing!

caskaslyrk

Hiya!!  My friend and I are looking for possibly 1 or 2 roomates.  We are both female, fun and over 21 (so there will be late nights of drinking and partying involved).  Male or Female would be ok...female may be over preferred by my friend.  But I don't mind either way as long as you know how to share a bed  :o
I have the reservation at the Fairemont from Thursday trough Monday.  Depending on how many roomates will depend on the overall price of the room.  Each person will probably run about $80.
Feel free to e-mail me if interested or if you want more information =D

justkitteh

I have a room in the Fairmont and it looks like I have room for at least a few people, it'll probably be like $50 for the weekend (Fri-Mon). My room is co-ed so male or female is fine (there are already both genders, so no one's "alone"). My only rules are that you shower (or you will be made to by force, seriously) and have an awesome time. There is obviously no smoking in the room, but what you do outside is your business if you're antisocial (don't be) or everyone's if you care to make friends (you should). If you happen to smoke remember, fight the power, and enjoy those new taxes on the first!

As for me, I'm 21, I am from the East Bay though I currently reside in Pasadena (and am offering rides up for those interested). I'm like 5'6 or so, and blonde... er, here's a picture (left):
Contact: AIM: svghax - email: [email protected] - phone: 510 229 9276

Trothael

Just emailed you, JustKitteh.

Anyhow, in case that fails ~.~

I'm seeking a room for the Fanime weekend. If you want my details, you have only to ask or drop me an email at: [email protected]
All Our Gods And Heroes, Made Up Of Ones And Zeroes
Join Hands And Sing Along. Everything I Know Is Wrong...
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Long

Hey, we're still looking for one more person for our room. $72.50 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night altogether. Pretty sick deal right? And please stay for that entire weekend. Even if you're not staying the entire weekend, we'd still require the $72.50.

It's in the Marriott. We'd prefer one more girl, since so far it's two guys and one girl and we don't want the one girl to be uncomfortable or anything, but either way is fine. I'm 20, and the other two roomies are 18. We'd prefer you to be 18+ as well.

Be generally tidy.

No smoking in the room.

Our room is not to be used to *host* certain things. You know what I'm talking about.

You must pay immediately. Preferably ahead of time through paypal, or you can just hand me the money when we first meet up.

The beds will be one king size, and one rollaway. I'll be taking a sleeping bag myself. The girl roomie will get the king size, and I dunno about the male roomie, so there's possibly an open rollaway bed. If you're female, you'll definitely get the rollaway bed, and the male roomie can sleep on the floor because we're just chivalrous like that. ;D

Oh and if you can't get to bed at a decent time, that's fine, just be quiet and don't wake the people that are getting much needed rest. Meaning no TV when people are sleeping. I'm working 6 hour+ shifts, sometimes late into the night as a rover, so I'll need as much rest as I can get.

If you're interested, please e-mail me at [email protected], and tell me a little about yourself. =]

Dalcora

So here my situation. I have a hotel (which is about 4 miles from the convention center) and will be stranded at the Con without a car. I am your average con-addict (stays up until 4-5 in the morning) and am deathly afraid that the ride to my room is gonna want to crash early seeing as this is her first year. I would rather die from lack of sleep than turn in early and miss the ongoings of the fanime nightlife. (aka pervy video rooms and amazing dances.)

So... what I'm looking for is not a room to crash all my stuff in or even really live in, just maybe a backup room I can walk to and be like.. "omg let me sleep... please?" And I will promptly crash on the floor (no blankets or pillows needed) to catch a few shut eyes before waking up a few hours later and leaving to start my crazy day over again.  :D

This shouldn't actually happen but is a just in case scenario. I swear to god I shower every day of the con, am over 18 (I'll be 20 by fanime), and am a trustworthy person. I'm doing this now since I want to know the people I may crash with (or at least the owner of the room) and I know people want to make sure I'm not a psyco who will steal their stuff or destroy the room. On another note; I hate drama. You will get none from me and I would rather sleep in the streets then get dragged into it. So there will be none from me.

Like I said, since I already have a room this is just a back up scenario for a room to crash in. I have very little money for something like this but I am willing to pay if you absolutely want someone to pay for a piece of floor space.

PM me if you're willing to work something out. Thanks!   ;D
Even lesbians need to be loved. Without us, there'd be no yuri! ^,~

Ramiroth

I got a small group of 2, possibly 3 people who are looking for a room.  Two males over 21, and one possible female 20 years old.  We're willing to crash on the floor, and no drama will be packed in our luggage.  PM me if you're interested.

=========================================

Disregard this, I got a place to stay.

Toki

Does anyone else need a roomate? I need several. Willing to cook and put bandaids on con owwies. Like a mommy. A tiny loli mommy.

havok rt

looking a room. lets see I'm 21 male, and just need some floor to crash on for a couple hours and a shower. also I'll have energy drinks and snacks to spare.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)