General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2009

Started by KyraEnsui, August 25, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

elle434

Quote from: smurfqueen on February 24, 2009, 05:52:40 PM
ROOMMATES WANTED!!!

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there. We are asking for $50 for the weekend. If we get more people then we might lower it, if we don't it will still stay the same and we will pay the price difference.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish.

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. As of right now we have 6 people with the possibility of 2 more.  I have had 10+ people in a room for the last two years and didn't have any problems. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with, people tend to change plans fast. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Kaylene: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209
I just sent you a PM! Im a 20 year old female, driving from los angeles on friday.

GeniusAlways

Are looking for a place to stay during fanime weekend. We were supposed to split our own hotel cost up amongst some other friends but it  turns out a wind of flaking blew through our plans. So ^_^ since it is only two of us left we are wondering if anyone has room for 2 more ppl that are willing to pay there costs or split costs for the weekend in any of the surrounding hotels? 09 will be our second fanime so we are still sorta new to the whole thing but we are chill people mostly others refer to us as funny... we are not shady,sketchy characters. LOL were only looking to have fun and enjoy fanime. were not picky about were we sleep floor is perfectly fine we just need a place to stay.
email me if you think you can help us out.

[email protected]

SirVincent

room full lets hope it stays that way , and good luck to all that are still looking.
[email protected]
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

EvilBunnyKid

This is kinda a last minute thing (asking for roomamtes, not Fanime Planning).  My roommate and I are looking for rommies so as to help with the room.  I already have a reservation at a hotel just a block away from the Con, and the rooms are already really cheap (gym\pool\free continintal breakfast\free parking\excetra)

Right now its just the two of us and we are hoping for only one or two more!!! Contact me about details if interested!!  :P

IM me here or visit my site    myspace.com/evilharajukubunny

Trumby

Reposting this!

Quote from: Trumby on March 23, 2009, 01:29:58 PM
Hey all

I'm a 23 year old male, I've got a room at the Marriott Thursday afternoon to Monday morning, looking for roomies. Would prefer people around my age (under 25). No smoking/drinking in the room. It is currently just me. If I get 3 other people it will be $134 per person with tax.

If you have any questions, PM me or add me on myspace and ask there: http://www.myspace.com/turambar
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Darren Brimhall

I'm 44, and have been Tech Staff since Fanime05, and a Fanime goer since 1997

Need a room from Friday the 22nd to the 25th

Will be up midday from Fresno.

Please help!

Darren Brimhall
Tech Staff 09

Long

Okay. Room at the Marriott (basically right in the convention center). Roomie needed. $72.50 for the entire weekend up front.

Whose inside already: 2 guys, one 20 (me), one 18, and 1 girl (18). Preferably looking for one more girl, but another guy is doable. 18+ please.

Rules: No smoking (in room), pr0n, secks, late night parties, drugs, etc. You know the drill. Drinks are fine, but not excessively. Be quiet when people are sleeping.

If you're a guy, be willing to sleep on the floor on alternating nights. Girls get their own beds. We have one king and one rollaway.

We're cool people, and we just wanna hang out and have fun. Drama is annoying. JOIN USSSS. ;B

E-mail me at [email protected] for correspondence.

Btw: Willing to carpool if you're from the Sacramento/Davis area.

Gekido 87

Quote from: elle434 on April 14, 2009, 10:40:12 PM
Quote from: smurfqueen on February 24, 2009, 05:52:40 PM
ROOMMATES WANTED!!!

About us: We are two 20 year old completely awesome females looking for roommates so that it makes the cost cheaper. We're nice people and we don't steal.

Hotel Information: Right now we are staying at The Marriot, Friday morning to Monday afternoon. We are trying to get the Hilton though. So we might end up there. We are asking for $50 for the weekend. If we get more people then we might lower it, if we don't it will still stay the same and we will pay the price difference.

What we are looking for: We don't care if you're male or female. No age requirement. Please don't steal. And bathing is a must. Besides that we're pretty laid back. We don't care what your sleeping habits are, come and go as you wish.

Random Information: You will have to either be willing to share a bed or sleep on the floor some nights. As of right now we have 6 people with the possibility of 2 more.  I have had 10+ people in a room for the last two years and didn't have any problems. The only thing that came up missing was a phone charger. Right now I don't really know how many people we will end up with, people tend to change plans fast. It might just be a few...we'll see.

If you have any questions or are interested in rooming with us you can just message me here. If you want to  get to know a little about me you can go to my myspace. Here is my friends page as well.

Mine: http://www.myspace.com/smurf_queen7

Kaylene: http://www.myspace.com/kaykay209

Are you still available?
I'm in Despair!

Gekido 87

A friend of mine and I need a place to stay from Friday - Monday! I'm okay with sleeping on the floor. I'm 22 yrs old he's like I think 27. If available send me personal message and I'll give you my contact number. ;) THX
I'm in Despair!

smurfqueen

To the girl and her friend who emailed me about rooming with us!!!!!

I lost your email could you please write me back so I know if you're still coming? Thank you.

donnathedead

Looking for 1-2 more
Hotel: Marriott
Dates: Friday-Monday

Cost: $50-60

Currently there are 2 (possibly 3) 24-25yo girls. I'm not exactly sure if it's going to be 1King or 2Doubles yet... so you could potentially be crashing on the floor. We're looking for 21+ drama-free people that don't mind being around alcohol. Don't worry, I won't force you to drink anything. :p I don't mind smokers but pls smoke your cigarettes outside. Final request: be fairly clean & not a klepto. Please PM me w/ more info about yourself.

Thanks!

AgehaMist

hello fellow fanime goers >.>

so here's my story... i kind of need a room for the fanime weekend...

my parents said i can go for all 4 days, but they'll only give me a ride for one day T~T (which sucks cuz i already pre-registered for the whole weekend)

would anybody be willing to let me stay in their room? i can chip in $75 for the expenses and i dont mind sleeping on the floor

anyways pm me if anyone would be willing to let me stay with them

email: [email protected]
AIM: itgmist
i came home the other day and found that everything in my house was replaced with exact duplicates

macaulayman

I'm looking to find a share.
I'm very easy to deal with and like most of you I proboly won't be there much,
What can I tell you?

Kiara

Hi everyone! My name's kate and I'm in need of a hotel room for Fanime. I'm 18, and I get along with just about everyone. I'm hoping to find a room for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. I don't mind sleeping on the floor, and I don't care much about the ages or genders of whoever I'd be sharing a room with. I don't plan to be in the room at all aside from changing costumes or sleeping.

My biggest issue is money. I can pitch in 40-50 dollars or so. I know that's not much, but I'd be willing to bring food for everyone. I also know how to style wigs and fix/finish costumes/props really well, so I'd be happy to help with something like that too. I'd prefer to room with cosplayers, but since it's close to con time, I'm really just needing a room in general.

So, with that said, is there anyone out there who'd be willing to help me out? Oh, it would also have to be a hotel within a block or two from the convention since I need to go back and forth to cange in and out of costumes like twice a day.

Thanks in advance for any repsonses, please PM me!

-Kate

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Draksaith

Hey!  My name is Jon, I'm 18, and I found out about and signed up for FanimeCon today XD.  May 2nd was a bit late to find a hotel it seems : /, so if anyone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated XD!  I'd be staying all four days and I'd rarely be in the room =P. 
I can pay up to 120$ if needed, and I don't really care where I sleep, though I'd need a pillow, I just don't want my suitcase getting stolen or anything XD. 
Please PM me if you're able to help, thank you xD

You can also reach me by...
Gmail: [email protected]
AIM: Draksaith
MSN: [email protected]

I was able to find a place, thanks for the help XD.

ame12

Hello, my friend and I are looking for a room. I'm 19, female, and he's 20. We're interested in staying Thursday night-Friday night-Saturday night OR Friday night-Saturday night. We are not 420 friendly. In addition have bad asthma, so smoking would be needed to be done outside the room/when I'm not in the room, sorry. We don't mind sleeping on the floor or in a bed. I did this last year with random people for anime expo, and there were no complaints and it was quite fun. If you have any questions, or if you feel you can spare some space for us please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you for your consideration. :)

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: elfgirlkaname on February 24, 2009, 06:45:42 PM
I'm still looking if you're a girl? ^_^
I have 4 people so far me, my sister and my friend :D and one other
if you are still looking we have space for you :D

my sister and I have a 4-person room booked at the Hilton (it connects to the convention center) for thursday thru monday
I am 23 and my sister is 19 my friend is 16 and she is probabally going to bring her bjd's to the con, I'm bringing 3 ball jointed dolls(bjd) as well

the only rules would be, you don't get a keycard until you pay your share of the room bill
no smoking or drinking in the room (we have a non-smoking room), don't take things that aren't yours, and please ask before touching the dolls :D other than that I don't care how late you stay up or come back.

We will have some breakfast foods and snacks that we are bringing with us to share like muffins fruitbars and cup-noodles and prolly someting to drink too :D

we are planning on arriving on thursday morning sometime, putting our luggage on hold until check-in 3:00pm and leaving monday afternoon or night putting our luggage in the car after check-out 12:00pm

the price depends on how many people we can share a room with/split the bill with :D
479.91 is the price for the hotel for all four nights in a double bedded 4-person room
2people 239.95 (my sister and I)  per person
3people 159.66  per person
4people 119.98  per person
5people 95.99  per person <---------------
6people 79.99   per person
7people 68.56   per person

we will probally only have five or six people at the most

I will also give you my cell phone# so that when you get to the marriot I can give you your room key asap

if you have any questions please feel free to ask XD

email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

2 more spaces!! as of 5/08/09

BUMP  I'm still looking for female roommates!!!

kryten9431

Ok, I have a big room at the marriot, and need roommates for it, its one of the quad rooms, and I'm looking for about 5 more ppl to keep the cost down.

If anyone is looking for a place to crash and cheap, and very close to the con then hit me up.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I have a friend who's staying at the Marriot and she wants to get 2 other people to stay with her.

Feel free to e-mail me for more information about it: [email protected]

wcoast99

Hi,

I made hotel reservations a while back when it was cheaper and got a good deal.  The thing is, I just moved out of state and I can't afford to come back to attend fanime so I'm selling my reservations so that I can pay for my expenses to live. 

The room is for Friday May 22nd - Monday May 25.  Checkout is on Monday so it's only 3 nights.  The room comes with lots of awesome amenities including access to the concierge lounge which serves complimentary food... (however it's only open M-F).  The best part though is that it's right where fanime is, so you dont even have to exit the building to go to fanime.  Thats why I got it, so that I can walk around in my PJ's and go room to room watching anime all night.  Sucks that I can't be there. :(

Anyway, if you're interested, I'm putting my reservations up for auction on ebay.  You can also email me if you have any questions.  :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180354513511