General Thread for Roommates Wanted - Fanime 2009

Started by KyraEnsui, August 25, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

KyraEnsui

Quote from: wcoast99 on May 07, 2009, 02:22:30 AM
Hi,

I made hotel reservations a while back when it was cheaper and got a good deal.  The thing is, I just moved out of state and I can't afford to come back to attend fanime so I'm selling my reservations so that I can pay for my expenses to live. 

The room is for Friday May 22nd - Monday May 25.  Checkout is on Monday so it's only 3 nights.  The room comes with lots of awesome amenities including access to the concierge lounge which serves complimentary food... (however it's only open M-F).  The best part though is that it's right where fanime is, so you dont even have to exit the building to go to fanime.  Thats why I got it, so that I can walk around in my PJ's and go room to room watching anime all night.  Sucks that I can't be there. :(

Anyway, if you're interested, I'm putting my reservations up for auction on ebay.  You can also email me if you have any questions.  :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180354513511

Please remove that Ebay link. You can't sell reservations. Just either cancel your room or change your reservations. Thank you.

elfgirlkaname

???umm..... no one but the person who reserved the room can use the reservations!!!!

they'll ask for the ID of the adult who reserved the room when you get there .....
so selling reservations aren't possible at all!!!!!! sorry

wcoast99

Actually, the reservation is easily transferable.  It's very easy to change the name on the reservation.  :)

Also, if i were to just cancel my reservation, the room would go up to $239 per night instead of the $169 per night.  Thats a $70 per night difference.  So at 3 nights, you would be paying $210 extra! 

I'm really not trying to rip anyone off.  You would actually be saving money if you just bought the reservation from me AND helping me out too.  With the economy being so terrible, I'm really struggling financially.  I figure the money that could be going to the hotel, could go to us instead.  Please don't be critical of me, I'm just going through a hard time.

If anyone is still interested, email me and we can work something out.  Or you can also search "FanimeCon 2009" on ebay to see my auction.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: elfgirlkaname on May 08, 2009, 12:03:25 AM
???umm..... no one but the person who reserved the room can use the reservations!!!!

they'll ask for the ID of the adult who reserved the room when you get there .....
so selling reservations aren't possible at all!!!!!! sorry

Selling = no. Transferring= yes because you can change the original person to another person who will take over the room.

jdawson

Hello!

Please note that there are discounted rooms available through FanimeCon's official housing provider at the Hilton and the Marriott:

https://www.cmrhousing.com/FANI_1A

Please book before they sell out!

-Jacy Dawson
FanimeCon Housing / CMR

SuperKawaiiNeko

Man, this is short notice innit?

So here's the skinny. My roommates flaked on me. I've got nowhere to crash for con.

I am a 25 year old male. Here's a picture if you care. http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2228/n6533955912266241215.jpg

I don't smoke or do drugs, but I don't mind if you do. I drink very rarely, and I'm not planning on it at all this con so it's not something to be concerned about. Unless you drink and provide the alcohol. I don't steal or go through other people's belongings, I'm not a creep or a jerk, and I don't bite unless asked.

I'm very easygoing and have no problems with anyone of any creed. Female, male, GLBT, black, white, hispanic, asian, or whatever else from whatever culture, it doesn't bother me a bit. We can interact as much or as little as you want; Really all I need is a place where I can keep my stuff and crash when I'm tired. I bathe. If you're interested but have any additional concerns, please feel free to send me a private message. I'll answer most anything!

I am staffing this year, and will coming a day early to help set up. This means I need a room for thursday night, in addition to friday, saturday, and sunday. Do not hold back if you can only keep me for a day or two; ANY assistance is appreciated!

As far as payment is concerned....I regret to say that I don't have very much money. I can't afford to pay. However, I'm not demanding a spot on a bed; I've been doing this for more than ten years now...a blanket, a pillow, and a soft patch of floor is plenty for me. Additionally, I am a certified massage therapist with over 600 hours of training, plus work experience. There are non-monetary benefits to be had. My specialty is foot rubs...

Finally, this part isn't required but it would help quite a bit. I live in Sacramento, and I have a ride to the convention but it's not the best situation and I have no ride home. Any assistance with travel would also be appreciated. Anyone who gives me shelter AND transportation to and from the convention and has enough room in their vehicle for my massage table will get a special treat~

If you can help me AT ALL, please send me a message! Thanks very much! =D
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Gekido 87

Quote from: SuperKawaiiNeko on May 09, 2009, 03:41:06 PM
My roommates flaked on me. I've got nowhere to crash for con.

LOL I'm in the same situation too.  :D
I'm in Despair!

Asa_Gohan

Im still looking for a place for me to stay at, so send me an email, or send me a message.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Takumi

Hi, my friend and I have a double bed room at the Marriott for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.
We are looking for one possibly two people.

We are establishing a party room so we're looking for people who are comfortable with a fun friendly area. But we are respectful and won't get in your business, we're only seeking to have a relaxed environment.
The place will be full of video games, anime, other party supplies we can all indulge in. :D 

We both like to be organized and clean. We are just looking to have a good time and a place to crash and to lessen the cost another roommate.

Send me a pm for further details and information.

and to show how non threatening we are here's a picture i'm sneak linking of my friend
http://i42.tinypic.com/316811k.jpg

and me http://pa.xanga.com/aa/59/aa591b542a6c1a433a6b43ce9cc18fce33551837.jpg

Message as soon as possible please. :3

Asa_Gohan

Im 18, male, dont do any drugs, and I dont drink.  I dont really mind whom I room with, as long as its at the mariotte or at the hilton, so I dont have to get out of the convention center.  Im mainly looking just for a place to store my stuff, and place to take a shower.  Im very clean and orderly.  In addition, I wont be in the room that often, and if I am, its usually to take a short nap, or just to grab some stuff before going back down.  I wont be in the room that much considering I usually stay up most of the convention and just wander around most of the time.

Anyways, the convention is very near, and I really need a place to stay...That wont be too expensive for me if possible ^^;; Anyways, thank you very much, and Im hoping to get as some responses soon.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Wasabi

hello all!  Fanime is just around the corner and we all know we're doin last minute prepping/ finishing up cosplay etc etc. and of course lookin for a place to stay!  My room has 8 people already, all males and one girls (my fiancee) and we want to mix up the room a bit, haha!  What I'm lookin for are:

2 females, preferably 18 years+ or atleast close to that, we don't really care.  Okay with partying and havin a great time, there will be booze! hehe, we're all chillax people and we leave drama out.  Have to not mind sleepin on the floor, you can go in and out as you please, noise is not a big deal. must bathe! (shouldn't be a big problem for chicks, i believe ^^;)

price for our room is a flat $50 bucks, paid up front on day one of the con. food and booze will be provided and a friendly environment! you'll definitely have a blast in our room, we're really random people!

hotel: marriott
days: friday morning to monday morning (maybe noon)

pm me with pic and info if you're interested! space is limited to two more females! :D let's party!

FanimeCon 06 - Astro Sexy Cosplay
-=Best of Choreography=-

y0~

dibeichan

Hi, I'm Dibei. I'm a 24 yr old female SoCal who'll be at the Artist Alley, and I look like this ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Dibei-Chan/Photo286.jpg... I'll have art commissions available, selling prints, and I'll be promoting Bluecanvas.com and my new radio show on KTSTfm.com.

I need to stay at a hotel or somewhere decently close to Fanime from Thursday through Saturday nights. But I'm on a very tight almost non-existent shoestring budget. I R srsly p00r. =^_^'=

I am ready and willing to sleep on the floor. I'm willing to trade art commissions and/or design services (I'm also a Graphic Designer) for a place to sleep and/or use of, if not learn to use, my Shinai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinai; I freestyle more than normal Kendo). I can teach you how to write Hiragana and Katakana (Japanese) a bit if you'd like. I can also provide transportation, as I'm driving up from LA (I'm not too sure about how much parking will end up being though =._.'''= ).

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, am cleanly (I take showers / don't reek) and a laid-back otaku-ette who plays nice with others.

I'll be greatly indebted and grateful if you could please let me borrow a little floor space and message me or contact me somehow before the Thursday morning before Fanime. Domo-arigato-gozaimasu (in advance). *Bows humbly.* =-w-=
I'm an Artist Alley Artist! See you at the Fanime AA! =^3^= <3

I think that www.bluecanvas.com is made of awesome.

Runewitt

Quote from: dibeichan on May 11, 2009, 01:25:33 PM
Hi, I'm Dibei.  =-w-=
Dibei!

<<< Tis Thebi <<
no sharing a room with D-chan and Rose?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

aehale12

Hello!

My female roommates and I have 3 available spaces in our hotel room. We will be staying at the Marriott and if we get the desired number of people in our room (6), then it will cost $70 for the weekend. Age and gender don't matter to us, but we would like to room with mature individuals.

If interested or if you have further questions, please contact Aubrey via email: [email protected]; I will not be checking back here.

Thanks!
Fanime is almost upon us!!!

GaMeReVoLuTiOnX

Hey everyone!

I have an extra room available for those still seeking a room @con (Marriott) with the rates:

Arriving:      Friday, May 22, 2009
Departing:     Monday, May 25, 2009
Hotel Choice:     San Jose Marriott (NON-SMOKING DOUBLE/DOUBLE BEDDED ROOM)
Rate:     $ 122 Quad - 4 persons

Please PM me if you're interested.  :D

Note: This post will remain until someone gets it or it's dropped. :O
The room has been dropped.

--Official NotN HoboRave DJ :D --
-Fanime SOS of 2008- ^^

Hisuitsume

Hey there, with some members of my group flaking, we are looking for possibly one or two more roomies for the entire weekend, Friday to Monday. We currently have 5 people, 4 guys and one girl. All 20+.

Looking for 2 girls, preferably 18+ but needs to be at least 16+.  Okay with having a great time. We're all chill people and we are looking for a drama free con stay. There is currently one bed space and floor spots open. You can go in and out as you please, can contact me if you do not currently have a key and need in. Noise is not a big deal, just not when most of the room is sleeping. MUST BATHE!

Price is $50 for a floor spot and $100 for the bed spot, to be paid in full on the first day of the con. I will arrange for us to meet on Friday. Food and drinks will be available and you can buy in for the entire weekend for $25. You'll definitely have fun staying in our room, we're really awesome people!

hotel: Hilton San Jose ( Con Center Connected)
days: Friday Morning till Monday Noon

PM me with pic and info if you're interested! Space is limited to two more females! See you soon!
Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

XpHoBiaX

My friends and I are looking for some roomates as well. I don't know if they posted this message or not, but we're staying at the Marriot and it's $25 per day/night. We're also staying Thurs-Monday. There's only about 3 of us right now, some people backed out. Most of us are over 21, or at least 21. (I'm 24)

It doesn't really matter with us if you are male or female. We're a laid back group, and don't mind meeting new people.

I'll be getting the room info soon, and you can just message me via PM for contact info.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

EStoller

Hi,
I have a double bed room at the Hilton for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.
Im looking for 3 possibly 4 people to share cost of the room because im going alone to fanime
Dont belive in overcrowding rooms. looking for people (not animals) male or female who dont smoke,
do drugs or steal stuff. Bathing is a must and be generally clean and tidy.
Me im very easy going, calm and
Cost for the room will be $75. i wont be a jerk about it but
pay sometime before the end of fanime.

You can Contact me at [email protected]
or myspace.com/greatkalamazo
or at aim: SpyEnnX
or PM

Sora

I have a room at the Marriott from Thursday to Monday and I'm in need of another roomie. It'll be $78 for the whole stay. If anyone is interested, please PM me or reply to this message. Thank you.
"Don't give me any orders."