Oogling

Started by HarpB, May 19, 2009, 01:32:33 PM

HarpB

So as I was saying the other day before the admin, who-shall-not-be-named, did what-I-can't-bring-myself-to-say.

Is it wrong, bad or inappropriate to look at a girl? Not like state at her chest and butt, rather the face, hair style, and style of clothes.
Furthermore, does it becomes creepy for me to be smiling?

Jerry

wait, u mean you dont do that on a regular basis outside of fanime?

for shame :)

and besides smiling is meant to show pleasant feelings/emotions.

what you think in your head might be a different story tho.

i prefer to think of the saying:

" What happens at Fanime, stays at Fanime... well until it ends up on the internets. "  ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

I would say...use your best judgment and try not to be creepy or stalkerish...and you should be fine.

But yea...don't stare...and don't start drooling.

Code of Conduct applies and violations are grounds for revoking your membership and expulsion from con. Just as a reminder for those who can't control themselves but to stare...and drool...and oogle...and take inappropriate pictures...
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

XpHoBiaX

I watch people all the time. If eye contact occurs, I usually and politely tell the person I find them very beautiful or handsome.  Not that I want to shack with them, or anything like that. It's hard to not stare at a beautiful person, or someone who is charismatic enough to draw my attention. I love observing and watching people, and like to tell them they look nice. Everyone likes a compliment. :)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

JTchinoy

That's what this entire discussion reminds me of.  :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

sysadmin

Quoting from the other thread:
Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2009, 10:37:54 AM
[chair hat off]

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 16, 2009, 06:13:14 PM
I am wondering, what is the border line between just looking at a girl and 'checking her out'?
It's at the shoulders. Stay north. ;D

Quote from: daiphyer.com on May 16, 2009, 06:13:14 PM...niether do I want to deprive myself the pleasure of looking at girls.
I would direct your attention to a number of magazines and websites that are specifically designed with this in mind.  :P

There are more nuanced answers, but-and I say this with all due respect-much like a firearm, if you have to ask how it works, you're not yet ready to wield it...