Desert Cloak [for my Fremen Cosplay] (I'd like your thoughts)

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, May 19, 2009, 10:39:56 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

Took me a few days, but I got it done! Yay. Yes, I've been told I look like a Jawa with it on already.

(this is where I tackled my friend because of the Jawa comment)
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

XpHoBiaX

Hoootini!!!!
Bwahahahaha~!

-ehem-

Sorry...
I do like the cloak. Technically, jawas have real dark brown cloaks...and the sandpeoples (sand raiders?) have the light brown cloaks. But I digress. I can't sew anyways, so more kudos for you. lol

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Rodney_Pheonix

Yeah, that's what our "discussion" was over. My mom said that with the amount of pieces I'd made the hood out of it was more like something from Mad Max rather than Dune.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

XpHoBiaX

DOOD here is some linkage for Mad Max inspiration. X3

Half the stuff I put together looks like mad max stuff as well. Or tank girl...without the missile bra. lol
http://www.madmaxmodels.com/armorprops.html

2010 cosplay...?

CaptainYossarian

Your skin is plae and soft--obviously your tribe has very poor water dicipline. Stilgar would not approve.

...on the other hand, I do very much. Very nice. Needs something for the front of the face, though.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Rodney_Pheonix

I suppose I could say I'm Pardot Kynes....though he was never quite a complete Fremen, and I forgot if he ever had a Crysknife...I don't think the books ever mention whether he did or did not.

For the face, if I have the time I might get one of the cheaper painters masks (not the paper dust mask, but the ones that look like the masks the Water village guys wear over their faces, and use that.

Speaking of water, I've got a camel bak that I made a pouch for to go on my belt out of an old pair of Black BDU's, so it blends in with the pants I've got for my cosplay pretty well.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

XpHoBiaX

Tuskan Raider. There, now I can leave you alone. lol @____@ It was bothering me for days that I couldn't remember that.

Anways, see you at con!!

2010 cosplay...?

Drunkenlazybastard

the cloak isn't enough in and of itself. you need some faux stillsuit action (tan jumpsuite w/ gauze wraps and straps + camelback?), and something that approximates a crysknife more.

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Drunkenlazybastard on May 22, 2009, 02:53:46 AM
the cloak isn't enough in and of itself. you need some faux stillsuit action (tan jumpsuite w/ gauze wraps and straps + camelback?), and something that approximates a crysknife more.

I was considering using my armored Desert BDUs that I use for Paintball for a stillsuit, but that would have just wound up with me overheating.

And I actually had a camelbak  on a belt pouch for when I did the cosplaying.

As for the Crysknife if I can get my hands on a chunk of quartz large enough I'll spend a lot of time with a dremel tool and see if I can shape it kinda like a kukri.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Karnoffel

hmm thats an interesting cosplay idea i might try to pull off a Fremen maybe even one of the Fedaykin also when im satisfied enough with my Link and might actually go so far as to get some sclera lenses for that "blue within blue" action...

i must not fear
fear is the mind killer
fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
i will face my fear
i will permit it to pass over me and through me
and when it has gone past i will turn the inner eye to see it's path
where the fear has gone there will be nothing

only i will remain
The Divine Prank

Rodney_Pheonix

That's a Bene Gesserit Saying, I don't remember the Fremen using it... then again I've read all the books so my information gets muddles sometimes.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?