Registration for ONE day: School ID Sufficient for that?

Started by Reed Loachvaks, May 20, 2009, 09:05:30 PM

Reed Loachvaks

Say I'm going to Fanime on Saturday, and I plan to register for Saturday only. All I need is a school ID and $35 to get registered, correct? I've heard all this stuff about putting in information on local wifi to speed up processing: does this apply to one-day registration people too?

As a side question, if I were to get there at 8:30 in the morning, what kind of line and wait can I expect? (I'll guess at least one hour)

apsykes

Lets Hope Government ID is only for Con Badge PICKUP.....
I'm Relying on my School ID for At Con Reg...
Hope i am right.... becuase i am hoping im right... right now..
I TALK LIKE A TOYOTA, I DON'T WANNA STOP!

SOawesomeness

Photo ID is awesome. Government is even cooler.

Wi-fi works for one day and whole weekend.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

nanashirt

Quote from: Reed Loachvaks on May 20, 2009, 09:05:30 PM
Say I'm going to Fanime on Saturday, and I plan to register for Saturday only. All I need is a school ID and $35 to get registered, correct? I've heard all this stuff about putting in information on local wifi to speed up processing: does this apply to one-day registration people too?

As a side question, if I were to get there at 8:30 in the morning, what kind of line and wait can I expect? (I'll guess at least one hour)

Lines are going to be a nightmare, to be honest.  Especially on Saturday and Sunday.  As far as I know registration takes school photo IDs but only for those who do not have a government issued ID, that means a drivers license or a CA identification card, passports work too, that's actually what I used last year since I had neither of the first two and it would look funny if i used my old high school id cards...
So much to do so little time~
FanimeCon Rover 2009-Present
Rover Black Suit 2011-Present

SOawesomeness

Well... I mean, last year our peak hours was 2-3 hours versus our 4-5+ hour long wait before we implemented this system that we now have.

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook