Schedual Says "Casual Dance" Friends Say RAVE!

Started by crystalsoul, May 21, 2009, 02:02:42 PM

crystalsoul

im a bit confused as to what is exactly happening this weekend in terms of the dance going from like 8pm to 4am

my friends told em a rave but the schedule says Casual Dance...wtf O_o

i know there are some people out there who dont approve of the term "rave", but what type of dance is this gonna be? and what type of music?

a rave to me involves techno music and or DJs

if someone could give me a better idea of whats going on and why type of dance this is really going to be, it would be much obliged

Chem0

Okay. D: I can't answer your question but...
Where'd you see that on the schedule?
I have no idea what time this "Casual dance" (Wtf..? It's either dance or RAVE.) is. DX

YoureMyHiro

For years, it has been a common misconception that the Fanime Dance is actually a "Rave" however the term "Rave" is very vague being that it refers to general electronic music however electronic music has several genres and sub genres. Fortunately, for everyone the Fanime Dance is typically a mixture of different genres and styles ranging from typical Electronica to R&B however recent years the DJ selection has favored Electronica.

It may be listed as a "Casual" dance due to the dress code, in comparison to the Black and While ball which requires "Dress" attire. I hope this general information helps answer your question.

707CMARS

:P IT'S NOT A REALL LEGIT RAVE BECUSE NO DRUGS & ALCHOL ! :P

But SATURDAY WAS THE BEST!!!
:P out of the 5 DAY's :P

DJ Jinrei

I could be wrong but the confusion probably came up when you might of glanced at the Masquerade Ball/Black & White Ball's "policy" written somewhere..  The enforced dress code for that particular muisc/dance venue might of categorized any other music/dance events as "casual" ..though I can't figure out where the regular Dance is called Casual dance but I can understand the term used to describe it with the "randomness" of genres featured.  It wasn't a Rave..  but a dance event which some who don't attend think its a mindless Rave or School Dance (gag) -uhh no lol.  The dancing aspect of the convention world has gotten so huge that it qualifies as a Dance Cub really.  Also a dating service for the rest of you lol j/kj/k.  Anyways hope that helps clear things up, its one of many Major social events that this con has I'd say, maybe you guys can come up with a new name for it next year or something.

myspace.com/djjinrei

ewu

rave = drugs
rave = different insurance
dance = what happened at Fanime
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom