Badge HOLDER-THINGY

Started by sUgArH0LiiC, May 21, 2009, 08:59:08 PM

sUgArH0LiiC

Okayy. So. I got the badge today, but when I looked through it, I couldn't find that badge holder thing. Like that thing where you put around your neck and then you clip your badge onto. I asked my friend if she got one, and she told me that she did. I seriously don't trust her, because its her first time, and I have a crappy way of explaining. xD (My fault entirely.) Could you still get that badge holder thing? D:
FanimeCon, HERE I COME. D:<

heeroyuy135

I would think they would give you another one if you lost it or didn't get one

SOawesomeness

We don't have badge holders this year. We have lanyards and clips for your badge, but no plastic cover thingy...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

abcbadcat

I still have mine from last year!

:3

sUgArH0LiiC

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 21, 2009, 09:28:44 PM
I would think they would give you another one if you lost it or didn't get one
:O. Would I have to stand in line again? =__=;;

sUgArH0LiiC

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 21, 2009, 10:32:05 PM
We don't have badge holders this year. We have lanyards and clips for your badge, but no plastic cover thingy...
Yeah. I dont have the lanyard. D:
So could I still get it?

Kandybar

It was my understanding that we don't have lanyards this year.  Did you get a badge clip?

SOawesomeness

We had a limited number of lanyards, most people only got clips.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

sUgArH0LiiC

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 22, 2009, 10:22:34 PM
We had a limited number of lanyards, most people only got clips.

Ohh. So I cant get it? o__o;

Tony

Sorry, we've run out of lanyards! Do you like them? Or do they get in the way?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Stormfalcon

I'm reusing mine from last year, and I prefer them.  You don't have to hunt for a place on your clothes or costume to clip the badge on (and hopefully not lose it) and as a result they're more easily visible for staff to see them when you're going into various rooms.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

chifunii

It's so sad they ran out. :(

I hope there will be more next year!

I should look in Dealer's tmrw to look for a cute one. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

FanFicGuru

I was one of the first 100 people in the pre reg line on thursday and I saw no lanyards. /cry

I hope you bring them back next year, I like them. Good to put buttons on and stuff, and attach all my old badges etc.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

redroses3164

I really liked the lanyards too. While I was picking up my press badge, I got a clip. I just transferred the previous year's lanyard because it's more convenient to have when wearing cosplay (easier to remove/put back on for pictures).

Nyxyin

More lanyard love here.  I also liked the badge sleeves from last year too.  I kept my ID, credit card, and some cash in my badge sleeve so I didn't have to carry a purse.

derivan

Thanks for the information, everyone.  Just to point out a few things:

1) Anyone you saw with lanyards were either people who brought theirs from last year or were staff/special guests.  We had some left over from last year (by left over, I mean someone magically found a box of them with their stuff) but not nearly enough for all or even a majority of our members.  I will try to rectify this for 2010 by fighting tooth-and-nail for a bigger budget... all for you!

2) Regarding pouches for badges, ironically, those were last-minute items that we had to order because we kinda-sorta-possibly-maybe made a little ordering mistake last year. <.<....>.>.....>.<  I will see what we can do about getting even better items for people but, as you all may know, we do not have an infinite amount of funding to work with :'(

Please continue posting ideas for next year.  I cannot guarantee anything and everything but since I'm usually stuck in the Registration area trying to get all of you wonderful people in-and-out  as fast as possible (no offense, I'm sure you all appreciate that!), I don't really get the chance to talk with you and see what kind of ideas you all have.

Kyra_Maverick

I also loved the lanyard. It was very convenient and I'm sure it made it easier to check badges for all the rooms.

The only problem I had with the lanyards last year was the style of clip used. If they are used again next year, I would like to see alligator style clips (the style clip that was passed out this year for badges) instead of the other style. The clip last year tore my badge sleeve, so I had to poke another hole in the side to make it work.