Mariott TVs, Consoles, and You

Started by Tsu, May 21, 2009, 11:15:01 PM

MikeColle

one of the reasons i still have my old psp-1000 series is because with the custom firmware it can be used as a universal remote. all you need is a laptop or computer and an internet connection and the brand of the tv in the hotel room and your all set.

TC X0 Lt 0X

PSP-1000 is the only way to go.
The only thing they are useful for are being hacked anyways.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

sunrise-oasis

try this:

1) make sure the power is on (sorry its an annoying thing t say but iI gotta make you laugh :p) point is, I tried it once and found out the plug was broken and ripped -_-! so it was my fault at some point.. on to step 2)

2) not all tv's are the same, one of the rooms we had before then was a sony bravia, now we had a toshiba 40inch. some rooms might have different tv.s so in other words, ask other people which tvs they had, heres mines: Sony bravio: 1 av output, component, and hdmi ports however it was locked but a screw driver can get it removed and it wont activate some trigger device -_-!* but note: this was last year, this year we got a room ith a toshiba which has the same tv ports you are telling us!)

3) if there are input ports there has to be a secret channel to obtain them! try turning the channel downwards after channel 3 (should say at least input something or Direct)

4)Make sure IF POSSIBLE, to set have your xbox set at a resolution stage!, sometimes you may need a special port other than av cables!, otherwise if its av cables only (sorry, i know its only av cables but our room has a/v and hdmi), make sure your settinsg is at a/v. for a ps3 we had to hold power to reset the screen setting, not sure if it works on xbox! but try tht.

5) Hack it!, if it does'nt work, try finding out information about the TV and get a similar universal remote, if its an advance one, get one that looks an affordable price, remotes kinda cost 25 maybe more just to get it compatible to a (lcd)tv -_-!, you be lucky if you get one under 9 bucks!) but sometimes they do help work. the toshiba we had, has a remote but the numbers are erased except the number 5

6???
okay calling downstairs and having a maintenance guy and hooking it up for you is the strangest thing i never heard before O_O!...
they can actually do that? well my concern is if they charged you... i had a similar approached to it and they charged my bill by an additional $10 fee for "maintenance "

if all else fails then i think marriot added some kind of "primitive parental lock" which prohibits some channels online! including input devices -_-!, i thought its not possible but there are some tv's that CAN do that just to prevent their kids playing too much video games -_-! unless you are smart and willing to waste 5 hours cracking the 5 digit code, you are a code breaker XD and I must congrats!

abit curious but..:::I noticed previous hotels are now giving some people a 1 day free of the *pathetic free* internet service from "Ibahn". has anyone found this out ? bcause back then they did'nt do this, until i visit a different marriot hotel!...

hey its close to free internet, just only for 24 hours -_o!...
and im sorry its not tv related but it does give a console related news... ..erh somewhat >_<!

Jelly Soup

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on September 24, 2009, 12:16:23 AM
abit curious but..:::I noticed previous hotels are now giving some people a 1 day free of the *pathetic free* internet service from "Ibahn". has anyone found this out ? bcause back then they did'nt do this, until i visit a different marriot hotel!...

hey its close to free internet, just only for 24 hours -_o!...
and im sorry its not tv related but it does give a console related news... ..erh somewhat >_<!

I was in the Marriott San Mateo this last weekend of YaoiCon, they didn't give us free Ibahn access. It was $12 or so for 24 hours. We ended up getting it for 48 hours and they tried to charge us over $55 (it was knocked back down to $12 as an error). I didn't see than anyone else was getting free service.

SukebeStudios

I just realized the simplest solution. For ME at least. I'll just do what I did for Sac-Anime, and bring my own TV. Avoids the hassle of trying to plug in your system to the TV.

otakuapprentice

Some Marriot hotels have adapters/channels open to allow the hookup of a laptop/other electronic device to the tv so it could be used as an external monitor(this is what I saw at a Marriot near LAX). I'm not exactly sure how the Marriot is at the convention center(Never had a room there, always stayed at the Hilton) but hopefully this rule applies. If not, then my bad.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

lummy

I noticed that most of the hotels say that under the 100% Smoke-Free.

Does anyone know if theres also a HDMI port?
I gots a PS3 and would love to bring it.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

Armored-Heart

I'm a bit curious about this as well; last year I stayed in the Crowne Plaza. My friend had brought a Wii, but there wasn't a port/adapter or anything. Is this new or something?
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

lummy

Well some of the Hotels say they were renovated recently so I guess more and more are getting High-tech.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

raltga

marriott has HDMI inputs on the TVs.  I don't know about the other hotels.

Moonblossom

I called the Hilton last year and asked, and was told they do have HDMI ports. I ended up not being able to go in the end so I cannot verify this 100%, but the desk staff said they did.