You need a badge to get into viewing rooms now?

Started by StalRizal, May 23, 2009, 12:03:16 AM

StalRizal

I was under the impression that fanime could not restrict entry into viewing rooms because it would imply that part of the registration was to watch anime. This would mean that fanime was turning a profit from screening anime without the consent of any of the studios, which is illegal.

What's the deal? Is fanime only allowing badged folks into screening rooms?

Reikon

It's always been required. If it wasn't, there probably just wasn't anyone posted at the door (which happens quite often).
2008-09 E-gaming staff

DentyneIce408

you should wait till its all clear. some people mistaken me for being a volunteer when I was just sitting outside.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

G.I.R

Supprise!  This happens at all media related trade shows!  It's to:

1. ... to keep non paying persons to from axcessing the convention.  This happens at just about all conventions.
2. When you pay for your badge, you're paying for the operating cost of the convention.  There probably isn't a profit.
3. You're making an assumption that Fanime doesn't have permission to show any of the videos they are showing.
    Remember, many of the showings at conventions are sponsored by the people that own the titles.  It helps to promote their product line.

Did you really think there would be an open door policy?