FanimeCon: Where Amazing Happens (2009 Edition)

Started by heeroyuy135, May 25, 2009, 02:51:37 AM

heeroyuy135

As we go into the last day of FanimeCon 2009, we have experienced amazing moments. Post those amazing moments to share the world.

For me, it would have to be attending the Yamaga-san Party and getting gonged at the Karaoke Gong Show while trying to sing Mikuru's song.

What about you?

Cveezy

Definitely playing "ninja" behind the arcade machines in the game room from midnight till like 3-4am and seeing it become huge, since it started in a hella small group :D

+BLAZBLUE & seeing afro samurai.
KNAWMEAN

DentyneIce408

Yeah definitely playing Ninja I was that Samurai my friend was doing all those yaoi positions (had a tux & glasses) I was the samurai played one game (had blisters couldn't play anymore)
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

Raydere

Cosplay chess! I was the Apollo Justice cosplayer on Saturday night, so I got to shout those four infamous catch phrases.

Also, the hard questions at Banzai Arcade. Dr. Robotnik with 12 balls and chains, Super Saiyan Super Shreeder: Attorney at Law, and LABYRINTH ZONE DANCE PARTY.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Xepherian

Ninja and Johnny Rockets definitely kept me awake and in love with the 2009 con.
Last year was so fxxking dull. Ninja surely brought some life to the arcade.

sadistic-otaku

For me, it was waving to a little kid in the park, and having him freak out and run away...

Also, this random guy asked if he could take a picture of me and his dog.
Yup.

Saeko

Oh, haha. When i was walking back to the convention after lunch, there was this old lady walking to some nearby steak restaurant and they asked me if there was a Star Trek convention going on or something o.0

Xepherian

Quote from: Saeko on May 25, 2009, 08:07:37 PM
Oh, haha. When i was walking back to the convention after lunch, there was this old lady walking to some nearby steak restaurant and they asked me if there was a Star Trek convention going on or something o.0

close but no cigar...
You: 1
Old Lady: 0.

my pants dropped as I was walking away from Johnny Rockets.
I really just didn't even care and walked a couple of more steps till I realized I have valuables in my pocket.

Hropkey

For me, it was definitely having a random raver give me a bracelet that said "beginnings" on it. I don't know why, it just made me really happy.

And the ball in general was amazing.

Xepherian

because it really was laced with anthrax, and is now the beginning to your end.

::)

bahamutknightzero

Some amazing moments that I can remember:

*Even if I didn't see all of it, the Whose Line is it Anyway panel

*Banzai Arcade (I want to see video of this as soon as possible)

*The last Stage Zero game show aka Tourney of Champions on Sunday (just for the prize results)

*Group 12 at Masquerade

Mr. Wendell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

KillingYouGuy

I found it amazing that I was able to dance for as much as 6 hours straight with a leg that is weak enough to require a cane to help me walk.

But everything is amazing at fanime.
I am great! :D

Dagger-6

Tyler R. covering the door at the B&W ball so I could go hang out and take pictures of the guests of honor dancing.

I officially owe that man two beers or some other sort of drink of his choice.

Liquid

Quote from: trooper715 on May 26, 2009, 06:15:58 PM
Tyler R. covering the door at the B&W ball so I could go hang out and take pictures of the guests of honor dancing.

I officially owe that man two beers or some other sort of drink of his choice.

Hahaha, no problem man! We'll get another chance to hang in a few weeks. (Btw, I want copies of all the cool pics you got and the ones you got of us suits after it ended.)
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

Raydere

More stuff:
- Hitting Level 500 in Tetris: The Grand Master several times.
- Yaoi-Con Bingo. "[beatboxing] YAOI [more beatboxing]" "[beatboxing] FIAH POWAH [more beatboxing]"
- AMV Hell 0 in the Hentai Room. "IT'S GENDO!"
- eGaming in general. Lots of arcade stick controllers, NiGHTS, Radiant Silvergun, Tetris TGM, and other amazing games.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Xanreo

Quote from: sadistic-otaku on May 25, 2009, 07:57:31 PM
For me, it was waving to a little kid in the park, and having him freak out and run away...
Haha lol.
Makes me think I want to cosplay next year.

My Moments:
The Gong Show, never laughed so hard in my life, I loved the hecklers in the back.

Being attacked by this girl in the AA. She glomped me from behind.
When I told her I wasn't cosplaying, she just said "It's ok." and walked away. ???
(See line #2)

And lastly, when walking to Gourmet Express, some guy asked me what the heck was going on and so I stood there explaining FanimeCon to him, and when I started walking away, he mumbled "I want to go" lol.

Man, had loads of fun this year.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Aeredon

Xepherian

Quote from: Aeredon on May 26, 2009, 07:52:05 PM
6-7 hours of ninja. I'm STILL sore!

Haha, I think you jumped in Monday [around like 2am] not knowing how to play.
You caught on really fast and turned out to be hella good. I've only been playing for a week. :(

JTchinoy

OMG I loved how i left to sleep behind the e-gaming tables and wake up at 6am and 8am to see you guys still going at it, when i left at like 2am. haha.
glad to see the game going without me leading.  :)

playing dead fantasy for everyone was really great to me.  the cheers just made me so giddy.  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X