Quote from: Batman77 on October 11, 2009, 10:06:57 AM

;D Games that I STRONGLY think should be in for tournys is
Blazblue yes
STREET FIGHTER 4 yes
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (US version should be out buy then.) yes
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 (If it comes out to us this year which it might) yes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 don't care
Smash Bros. Brawl (free for all or FUBAR was fun) yes
Rock, Paper, Scissors  :D (maybe not at the same time as a big tourny like smash) yes
Tekken 6 yes

Tournies I would like to see as well.
Naruto Ultimate ninja 4  no
Naruto Ninja storm no if ninja 5 is out
Gears of War 2 don't care
Marvel vs Capcom 2 god no

Tournies that probably won't see happen but I'd still love to see
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 no
Guilty Gear: AC or AC plus god no
Virtua Fighter 5 maybe

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Guess I'll have my input on bailouts in tournaments.  Leaving a tournament without notification because...

• of other tournaments would just mean that you would have to choose wisely in priorities.  We can help what fits you best if you want to talk to us about it.  Also, since we know that people entered multiple tournaments, we should have been notified about it so that we can possibly put you on hold if tournament organizers allow it.  i.e. Entering T1 and you are in the semifinals and T2 in first round, we would say enter T1 first and then T2 because T2 has more round delays..
  • of legit emergency situations would be understandable.  We don't want to interrupt urgent and unexpected situations.  If it's in-con situation and can be handled at-con, bring it up to us so that we can see what we can do to remedy the situation.
  • the tournament had issues would warrant criticism.  We would like to know what can be done to run tournaments better.  Did it take too long?  Was there no incentive to play seriously because of prizes?  The rulesets didn't fare to your standards?  Were there structural issues of how the T.O's ran it?  We'd like to know.
  • conflicts with other people, then either suck it up or talk to us about it.  We refuse to get involved with personal situations because often we don't know the whole stories nor do we want to make matters worse.  However, we also do try to ensure that everyone is civil so that no one else gets involved.
  • of boredom, saw something interesting in the dealer's room or masq, simply not paying attention, or just because you want to just to annoy the staff is uncalled for.  I hate to be a dick but such antic is very immature and A WASTE OF TOURNAMENT ENTRY SLOTS.  Others who are more worthy of entering could have used those slots.  It wastes competitors their time because they have to wait in their matches, boring them, adding frustration, or sometimes confusing them.  It also wastes staff time because at busy times like these at FanimeCon, we shouldn't waste our time looking for you.  Don't waste our time ruining tournament satisfaction from everyone; wait til free play is open or go elsewhere that amuses your satisfaction.  I believe this falls under a lot of people.  We try to put the message out for bailouts as much as we can (we'll do more), but bleh.

If we knew beforehand that people were going to forfeit from the tournament, then time would have been a lot faster.  Those facing the people who forfeited would immediately be notified that they won next round by default, thus letting them take a breather and do other things until they are notified to come back.  Sadly, that wasn't the case for the majority.

======================

As far as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is concerned, though it is technically meant for online gameplay, isn't the standard for tournaments 4 Vs. 4 and no splitscreen (if applicable)?  If so, that's like 8 PS3s, X360s, PCs (whatever is standard) for 1 match!  We'll see what we can do to accommodate this, but we can't make such guarantee.

This applies the same to Gears of War 2.

Batman77, we'll take your suggestions in thought, though some or most of those games are already guaranteed tournament returns.  In the meantime, stay updated.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

ruby19_4

um.....I got out of the tourmant because I couldnt get any to answer my question and I didnt see much info on it. Will there be another pokemon tourmant in 2010?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: ruby19_4 on October 14, 2009, 05:04:32 AM
um.....I got out of the tourmant because I couldnt get any to answer my question and I didnt see much info on it. Will there be another pokemon tourmant in 2010?

Sincere apologies for that.  Now, to answer your previous question.

Though not mentioned in the rulesets, it was presumed there was no level cap.  However, it was highly recommended to be at lvl 100 since that was what most (if not all) were using.  There may be some people using lvl 1 for the endeavor-based Pokemon.  Can T.O. correct this if I am wrong?

If we ran it on Pokemon Battle Revolution, that would be awesome since it auto-sets it to any level specified regardless of your Pokemon level.  However, there were some glitches that occurred when tested like Wi-Fi signal interferences, especially with Platinum thus refraining from using PBR.

All games for tournaments (especially Pokemon) are still under discussion.  But rest assured that more than half the games from 2009 as tournaments are expected a return for next year.  If you have any recommendations of any sort, feel free to post.  :)

EDIT: For anybody having any questions regarding specific tournaments AND the tournament organizer is busy, either wait for a bit until the T.O. is free or let us know about it.  eGaming has its own help desk section to answer your needs OR you could have came to us in person.  That way, we'll have one of our staffers come up to the tournament organizers OR either the higher-ups of eGaming passing the duties to one of the other staffers to forward the questions/concerns you have to the T.O. so that constant information is being passed.  Just keep that in mind next time.

JTchinoy

Yes.  Who did you ask about the tournament?  I was the running it.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Batman77

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 12, 2009, 03:10:39 PM
Virtua Fighter 5 maybe
;D lol wow I thought that was a out of the question but having it on the maybe list is more then I expected. I love that game and know a few people that would love to enter that and a couple might just come for that alone.  :D

JTchinoy

just like fanime 09, we're limited on time, so we go through a filtering process to pick the games with the highest popularity/ hype/ relevance to fanime.
it's a maybe, but we'll see how many games will be more important.

brawl, pokemon, tekken, blazblue, sf4 already take up 4 of our slots by default.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 15, 2009, 02:25:02 AM
just like fanime 09, we're limited on time, so we go through a filtering process to pick the games with the highest popularity/ hype/ relevance to fanime.
it's a maybe, but we'll see how many games will be more important.

brawl, pokemon, tekken, blazblue, sf4 already take up 4 of our slots by default.

You mean 5 JT  ::)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Excellent I have angered him.
All according to plan...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Batman77

;D Cool glad to know most of the ones I suggested are auto ins  ;D

Also is there a way there could be more prizes or even better prizes for that matter. Like maybe a pen or small poster or something for people in the top 4 or 8. I remember for the naruto (ult. ninja 3 I believe) tournament in 2008 in fanime they had copies of the game for top 4 or 8 ( although I didn't get one  :'( ) It'd be great if they had prizes like that again for top 4 or 8 or something. I don't know maybe ask the company or producer or something that makes that game to help sponsor that specific tourny by sending copies of that game or some type of swag or something.

I'm guessing giving away cash is not an option but would love that too for a prize  ;D 

As far as the main prizes for the top 2 in most tournies. I liked the fact that you had a choice of what you get but for the gift card it was only good for playNtrade and a specific one in san jose. I live about 30-40 mins away from san jose so it wouldn't make much sense for me to drive down there and back just for a gift card thats about 25$ at that specific store. Is there a way the gift card could be for something like gamestop in general? B/c they're like the Mcdonalds of game stores and they're usually really close. I also wouldn't mind getting a gift card for best buy or something to buy anime or games with.  :)

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Batman77 on October 15, 2009, 07:04:12 PM
;D Cool glad to know most of the ones I suggested are auto ins  ;D

Also is there a way there could be more prizes or even better prizes for that matter. Like maybe a pen or small poster or something for people in the top 4 or 8. I remember for the naruto (ult. ninja 3 I believe) tournament in 2008 in fanime they had copies of the game for top 4 or 8 ( although I didn't get one  :'( ) It'd be great if they had prizes like that again for top 4 or 8 or something. I don't know maybe ask the company or producer or something that makes that game to help sponsor that specific tourny by sending copies of that game or some type of swag or something.

We are already working on the ball for prizes right after FanimeCon 09 ended.  Given we had 17 eGaming tournaments that time (some with teams), we'll work on that on a high scale.  :)

(Quick Note: we gave out an XBox360 to the winner of SF4)

We'll keep the game, poster, and pen in mind.  Thanks for your info.

P.S. If known, excluding games, what was given out at FanimeCon 08?

Quote from: Batman77 on October 15, 2009, 07:04:12 PMI'm guessing giving away cash is not an option but would love that too for a prize  ;D 

Who knows?  Maybe we might get $$$ as a prize.  It all depends on what we get.

Quote from: Batman77 on October 15, 2009, 07:04:12 PMAs far as the main prizes for the top 2 in most tournies. I liked the fact that you had a choice of what you get but for the gift card it was only good for playNtrade and a specific one in san jose. I live about 30-40 mins away from san jose so it wouldn't make much sense for me to drive down there and back just for a gift card thats about 25$ at that specific store. Is there a way the gift card could be for something like gamestop in general? B/c they're like the Mcdonalds of game stores and they're usually really close. I also wouldn't mind getting a gift card for best buy or something to buy anime or games with.  :)

That was something that Play N Trade wanted to give out for FanimeCon and eGaming supporters.  Big thanks to them.  :)

We'll work on deals to ensure that the prizes are universal rather than specific.  :)

ruby19_4

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 14, 2009, 12:25:15 PM
Yes.  Who did you ask about the tournament?  I was the running it.

I dont remember who I ask, but I do know that u guys were busy signing everyone who want to join in.

I do have more question, but I guess I will wait a little longer till everything is settled. Thx for the reply.

Batman77

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on October 15, 2009, 07:35:59 PM

P.S. If known, excluding games, what was given out at FanimeCon 08?

Who knows?  Maybe we might get $$$ as a prize.  It all depends on what we get.

;D honestly I can't remember that many prizes from fanime 2008 b/c I didn't win anything (or can close to with the exception of the naruto tournament)

Cash prizes would be excellent  :o :D ;D
Also more games and systems would be great to give away too.

Thanks for all of the responses too to let me know.

JTchinoy

The only good thing was naruto being sponsored.
Aside from that there was a community box of donated prizes.  You can imagine how bad the prizes were by sunday since it was a community box they pick out of.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

asuka245

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 12, 2009, 03:10:39 PM

Blazblue yes
STREET FIGHTER 4 yes
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (US version should be out buy then.) yes
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 (If it comes out to us this year which it might) yes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 don't care
Smash Bros. Brawl (free for all or FUBAR was fun) yes
Rock, Paper, Scissors  :D (maybe not at the same time as a big tourny like smash) yes
Tekken 6 yes

Naruto Ultimate ninja 4  no
Naruto Ninja storm no if ninja 5 is out
Gears of War 2 don't care
Marvel vs Capcom 2 god no

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 no
Guilty Gear: AC or AC plus god no
Virtua Fighter 5 maybe

what about
melty blood actress again
fate stay night unlimited codes

they both are great fighting games also.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

asuka245

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on October 05, 2009, 11:58:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, when do people actually have free times for big tournaments they are interested in?  Though it be difficult to please everyone due to the amount of stuff that FanimeCon has to offer, a general time line never hurts to know.  :)

In the meantime, we are already planning on our lineup of games to run for next year, including the new games coming out this year or next year.  Some of you would predict already, but feel free to mention the games anyways.  :P
;D Thanks for listening. Big tournys like smash and SF4 I think should start around 12-3pm so there's plenty of time to finish. I don't mind having a tourny start at 8-9pm but it shouldn't run or have to run till about 3am b/c then most people are too tired to play and have as much fun. One thing thats kind of good and bad w/ fanime is there is so much going on at once w/ the con in general. So sometimes I have to decide if I'm I going to enter this tourny or go to this panel or stage zero for some event or band or big event ext. lol but I'd rather have options then just one thing.

Blazblue
STREET FIGHTER 4
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (US version should be out buy then.)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 (If it comes out to us this year which it might)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Smash Bros. Brawl (free for all or FUBAR was fun)
Rock, Paper, Scissors  :D (maybe not at the same time as a big tourny like smash)
Tekken 6

Naruto Ultimate ninja 4
Naruto Ninja storm
Gears of War 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Guilty Gear: AC or AC plus
Virtua Fighter 5

As for the competition it doesn't seem too fierce to me. It seems fine it's not really all pro and it's not really weak so I'd say it's a good mix/variety. Of course there' going to be a few or some really good people in some tournies b/c the convention it's self is huge w/ over like 10,000 people or something so of course there going to be a few really good people. Some actually come to the convention just for the game tournies.  ;D

well i will make a add to this part

Naruto Ultimate ninja 4
Naruto Ninja storm
Gears of War 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Melty Blood Actress Again
Fate stay Night Unlimited Codes
DJ Hero
Beatmania IIDX 16th Style
Left 4 Dead 2
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: asuka245 on October 31, 2009, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on October 05, 2009, 11:58:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, when do people actually have free times for big tournaments they are interested in?  Though it be difficult to please everyone due to the amount of stuff that FanimeCon has to offer, a general time line never hurts to know.  :)

In the meantime, we are already planning on our lineup of games to run for next year, including the new games coming out this year or next year.  Some of you would predict already, but feel free to mention the games anyways.  :P
;D Thanks for listening. Big tournys like smash and SF4 I think should start around 12-3pm so there's plenty of time to finish. I don't mind having a tourny start at 8-9pm but it shouldn't run or have to run till about 3am b/c then most people are too tired to play and have as much fun. One thing thats kind of good and bad w/ fanime is there is so much going on at once w/ the con in general. So sometimes I have to decide if I'm I going to enter this tourny or go to this panel or stage zero for some event or band or big event ext. lol but I'd rather have options then just one thing.

Blazblue
STREET FIGHTER 4
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (US version should be out buy then.)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 (If it comes out to us this year which it might)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Smash Bros. Brawl (free for all or FUBAR was fun)
Rock, Paper, Scissors  :D (maybe not at the same time as a big tourny like smash)
Tekken 6

Naruto Ultimate ninja 4
Naruto Ninja storm
Gears of War 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Guilty Gear: AC or AC plus
Virtua Fighter 5

As for the competition it doesn't seem too fierce to me. It seems fine it's not really all pro and it's not really weak so I'd say it's a good mix/variety. Of course there' going to be a few or some really good people in some tournies b/c the convention it's self is huge w/ over like 10,000 people or something so of course there going to be a few really good people. Some actually come to the convention just for the game tournies.  ;D

well i will make a add to this part

Naruto Ultimate ninja 4
Naruto Ninja storm
Gears of War 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Melty Blood Actress Again
Fate stay Night Unlimited Codes
DJ Hero
Beatmania IIDX 16th Style
Left 4 Dead 2

All I'll really care about is a Halo 3 tournament, though in reality I probably won't be attending it.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

otakuapprentice

Looking at the requests ppl are making, this is probably the list of tourney games for next year(I am, in no way, affiliated nor connected to e-gaming; I'm just throwing a list out there, so take it with a grain of salt):

Marvel vs Capcom 2(classic or HD ver.)
Street Fighter 4(possibly Super SF IV)
Tekken 6
BlazBlue(v.1 or Continuum Shift)
Naruto (insert current iteration here)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Smash Bros. Brawl
Beatmania IIDX/DJ Hero(either or both)
Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero 5(either or both)
Melty Blood (insert current iteration here)
Halo 3
Gears of War 2
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

LordKefka

Blazblue is a given. Too bad I probably won't participate in it (even though I should). Might be fun just watching.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor