eGaming. Pre-2009 - Early-2010 Preparation Setup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), May 25, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 01, 2009, 10:17:50 PM
Looking at the requests ppl are making, this is probably the list of tourney games for next year(I am, in no way, affiliated nor connected to e-gaming; I'm just throwing a list out there, so take it with a grain of salt):

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 4(possibly Super SF IV, if it comes out before then)
Tekken 6
BlazBlue
Naruto (insert current sub-name here)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Smash Bros. Brawl
Beatmania IIDX/DJ Hero(one or both)
Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero 5(either or)
Virtua Fighter 5
Halo 3/H3:ODST
Gears of War 2

Why would ODST be on there?
It has no competitive multiplayer made, just Co-Op Firefight Mode...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Hey, if you guys are going to the next general meeting, I can give you guys some tips on making the tourneys smoother.

Also, on otakuapprentice's list, I'd drop Virtua Fighter 5. If major tournaments can't even pull 10 people for the game (let alone the game is horribly obsolete now) I doubt Fanime could even pull 8. I'd replace that with the newly released Melty Blood Actress Again.

asuka245

well i do agree on that and i will be there. melty blood actress again is a better game and would get a better turn around to and nothing against vf5 but just did not get enough of a cult as in japan it did and coming out with vf5 R for the arcades it got a bit better to.  to bad vf5 R will not be on the ps3 for awhile.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmm, quite a long list of games posted.  hehe

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 01, 2009, 10:17:50 PMStreet Fighter 4(possibly Super SF IV, if it comes out before then)

SSF4 is stated to come out March.  The PC version won't come out til Summer.

Quote from: Mizuki on November 02, 2009, 03:59:02 AM
Hey, if you guys are going to the next general meeting, I can give you guys some tips on making the tourneys smoother.

Will do.  We always welcome opinions and tips.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

otakuapprentice

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 01, 2009, 10:47:44 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 01, 2009, 10:17:50 PM
Looking at the requests ppl are making, this is probably the list of tourney games for next year(I am, in no way, affiliated nor connected to e-gaming; I'm just throwing a list out there, so take it with a grain of salt):

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter 4(possibly Super SF IV, if it comes out before then)
Tekken 6
BlazBlue
Naruto (insert current sub-name here)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Smash Bros. Brawl
Beatmania IIDX/DJ Hero(one or both)
Rock Band 2/Guitar Hero 5(either or)
Virtua Fighter 5
Halo 3/H3:ODST
Gears of War 2

Why would ODST be on there?
It has no competitive multiplayer made, just Co-Op Firefight Mode...
sadly, I just realized that after checking it on wiki(don't know ODST yet). I'll edit my list.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Silent One

I only have one thing that I really want so bad for eGaming; PC gaming! Please have a spot were people can set up their laptops to play PC games, especially games like Melty Blood and whatnot. It was sort of a bummer for me last year.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Silent One on November 02, 2009, 09:58:34 PM
I only have one thing that I really want so bad for eGaming; PC gaming! Please have a spot were people can set up their laptops to play PC games, especially games like Melty Blood and whatnot. It was sort of a bummer for me last year.

This is currently in discussion at the moment.  Stay tuned for more details.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Mizuki

Quote from: asuka245 on November 02, 2009, 10:27:28 AM
well i do agree on that and i will be there. melty blood actress again is a better game and would get a better turn around to and nothing against vf5 but just did not get enough of a cult as in japan it did and coming out with vf5 R for the arcades it got a bit better to.  to bad vf5 R will not be on the ps3 for awhile.

VF5 has a huge cult following, but it's Sega's fault that the game is dying everywhere. Short version: Sega sucks at knowing what their fanbase wants.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on November 03, 2009, 01:40:53 PM
well i do agree on that and i will be there. melty blood actress again is a better game and would get a better turn around to and nothing against vf5 but just did not get enough of a cult as in japan it did and coming out with vf5 R for the arcades it got a bit better to.  to bad vf5 R will not be on the ps3 for awhile.

VF5 has a huge cult following, but it's Sega's fault that the game is dying everywhere. Short version: Sega sucks at knowing what their fanbase wants.
Sega has never been good at doing that all...
Look at the Sonic Games =P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

asuka245

yeah like VF5R which is a great arcade game and i hope in comes out to PS3 and 360 but who know if it will be released in japan..hope sega of japan listens to what the fans want.
E-gaming--2006-2007

asuka245

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 03, 2009, 01:52:28 PM

Well for Sonic they did great of when it was on the genesis,saturn and Dreamcast.
but when it hit next gen it went down hill from there. the old one's where better
but sega has made alot of great games just we do not see alot of them in the states.
E-gaming--2006-2007

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: asuka245 on November 04, 2009, 12:13:45 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 03, 2009, 01:52:28 PM

Well for Sonic they did great of when it was on the genesis,saturn and Dreamcast.
but when it hit next gen it went down hill from there. the old one's where better
but sega has made alot of great games just we do not see alot of them in the states.

Well I actually did enjoy the Sonic Adventures. But even then you could tell the quality was slipping. Sense Sonic has been 3D it has gone down hill...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Quote from: asuka245 on November 03, 2009, 11:55:19 PM
yeah like VF5R which is a great arcade game and i hope in comes out to PS3 and 360 but who know if it will be released in japan..hope sega of japan listens to what the fans want.

Even in Japan the game is going stale compared to Tekken 6 BR, because in reality it's the same complex game over and over again essentially. Basically it's so hard it doesn't bring in new players, and it has been the same group of people playing the game for years.

Also, they're not going to make a new game as console manufacturers think it's pretty much the same game, as why VF4 Evo was "Greatest Hits" right when it came out, making Sega lose money because it was a 15 dollar game (in reality it should have been a new priced game.)

CrypticPWN

just a thought here.. The iPhone and iPod Touch seem to have arrived as portable gaming systems. especially with games like Tap Tap Revenge, Cube, Doom, Myst, Call of duty, Brothers in arms, and a new favorite of mine Attack of the Zombie Bikini Babes From Outer Space. i think it would be really cool to see some ipod touch gaming going on if possible in 2010. i know for sure that if you got a Tap Tap Revenge tournement going in 2010 i would participate.  ;D
0000    0000   00    00 0000  0000 000   000<br />   00          0000   00   00  PWN   0      0    0 <br />   00      0   000       00     0000   0      0    0    0 <br />     0000     00         00     0         0   000     00<br />                 0  0

abcbadcat

There has to be a COD:MW2 tournament!!!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

Quote from: CrypticPWN on November 14, 2009, 08:32:26 AM
just a thought here.. The iPhone and iPod Touch seem to have arrived as portable gaming systems. especially with games like Tap Tap Revenge, Cube, Doom, Myst, Call of duty, Brothers in arms, and a new favorite of mine Attack of the Zombie Bikini Babes From Outer Space. i think it would be really cool to see some ipod touch gaming going on if possible in 2010. i know for sure that if you got a Tap Tap Revenge tournement going in 2010 i would participate.  ;D

Except, you can totally play all these games on a better platform, especially Doom. Doom on anything other than a PC for a tourney would be a joke. It would be impossible to strafe run, aim properly, and have all your relflexes on a stupid mp3 player. Also if Doom was ever a tournament for E-Gaming, I'd win.

abcbadcat

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: abcbadcat on November 15, 2009, 08:04:09 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 14, 2009, 10:41:58 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on November 14, 2009, 08:23:22 PM

Why?

Because its a really good game with good multiplayer

I wouldnt call a one-shot-kill game a good game. Fun game yes, but it's imperfections make multiplayer gameplay take very little skill and makes it a horrible game when it comes to anything competitive.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 15, 2009, 10:52:19 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on November 15, 2009, 08:04:09 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 14, 2009, 10:41:58 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on November 14, 2009, 08:23:22 PM

Why?

Because its a really good game with good multiplayer

I wouldnt call a one-shot-kill game a good game. Fun game yes, but it's imperfections make multiplayer gameplay take very little skill and makes it a horrible game when it comes to anything competitive.

Not every gun is one shot kill.

Halo has sticky grenades that are instant kills, halo has snipers which can instant kill, so don't bring that up.

Its a fun game which could work on 2v2 teams but that would require 4 consoles and 4 TVs which would be hard to scrounge up.