Quote from: abcbadcat on November 16, 2009, 05:19:32 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 15, 2009, 10:52:19 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on November 15, 2009, 08:04:09 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 14, 2009, 10:41:58 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on November 14, 2009, 08:23:22 PM
There has to be a COD:MW2 tournament!!!

Why?

Because its a really good game with good multiplayer

I wouldnt call a one-shot-kill game a good game. Fun game yes, but it's imperfections make multiplayer gameplay take very little skill and makes it a horrible game when it comes to anything competitive.

Not every gun is one shot kill.

Halo has sticky grenades that are instant kills, halo has snipers which can instant kill, so don't bring that up.

Its a fun game which could work on 2v2 teams but that would require 4 consoles and 4 TVs which would be hard to scrounge up.

But see a Plasma Grenade does not kill unless you are standing right on top of it or it is stuck to you. A sniper will only kill with a head shot. Nor do you spawn with these weapons right off the bat. It is entirely different from a game where everything kills with 1 pull of the trigger.

And while in CoD not all weapons kill with one shot, it is effectively that. It usually takes only 3-5 from any gun to kill something, maybe a few more for other weapons, but regardless anyone can be killed within 2 seconds of being spotted with ease. Hell I could use a apparently "short range" sub-machine gun, attach a Silencer, and still kill the guy sniping my team from across the map. The game mechanics discourages skill while encouraging camping tactics and making the game into hide and seek with guns.

It is a fun game. I play CoD when Halo pisses me off. But it just isn't designed for competitive gameplay.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

I think a COD:WaW Zombies Survival Tournament would be pretty fun.

abcbadcat

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on November 17, 2009, 12:09:58 AM

I think we can agree on this

Or an ODST firefight survival tournament

TC X0 Lt 0X

It would be fun...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 17, 2009, 11:50:03 AM

It would be fun...
Of course, there would have to be a rule about keeping the last crawler so that this tournament doesn't run long. I would say that the team has one minute from the time the last zombie crawler is active before they have to kill it or else DQ.

Batman77

;D I would really really really love to see a Call of Duty:MW2 tourny. Its like the highest (or one of) best selling games of all time.
If some how there could be 4 vs 4 tourny for MW2 at fanime .... I can grantee that there'd be at least 4 teams there and I'd and most of my friends would go ape.... uh ... they'd really go nuts and love it.  :D

As for CoD:W@W tourny sounds funs too.

Mizuki

CoD MW2 is a joke, it's slow and boring. Everyone should just play Doom, imo.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Mizuki on November 18, 2009, 09:24:10 PM
CoD MW2 is a joke, it's slow and boring. Everyone should just play Doom, imo.
Lulz, It's true.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: CrypticPWN on November 14, 2009, 08:32:26 AMjust a thought here.. The iPhone and iPod Touch seem to have arrived as portable gaming systems. especially with games like Tap Tap Revenge, Cube, Doom, Myst, Call of duty, Brothers in arms, and a new favorite of mine Attack of the Zombie Bikini Babes From Outer Space. i think it would be really cool to see some ipod touch gaming going on if possible in 2010.

Though we encourage people to bring portable gaming systems anyways, portable gaming itself heavily relies on how many attendees bring such devices.  Often, portable gaming usually takes place outside of eGaming.

The only times we have official portable gaming during eGaming grounds is if there's a tournament like Pokemon taking place or any other events relating to it.

Speaking of portable game tournaments, we will announce that soon.  Other than Pokemon, what other games would be good for portable gaming tournaments?

Quote from: CrypticPWN on November 14, 2009, 08:32:26 AMi know for sure that if you got a Tap Tap Revenge tournement going in 2010 i would participate.  ;D

While Tap Tap Revenge is a fun game, the timing window in the game is way too lenient, making perfect scoring too easy.  Of course, if competitive players miss, they will pretty much complain foul saying "touch error," potentially forcing redos (if it made a significant difference) or disputes.

Tournament-wise, the iPhone is never designed to handle it for obvious reasons.  The iPod Touch, maybe, but I still can't see it for tournament usage at this time.

Quote from: Mizuki on November 18, 2009, 09:24:10 PMEveryone should just play Doom, imo.

Hmmm, I am tempted to play Doom again.  I'll keep that in note.  :)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As for Call of Duty, if we actually pull such tournament, I presume people want a 2 Vs. 2 format, correct?  Or is it 4 Vs. 4!?  PC or XBox360?  Anyways, continue discussion.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

abcbadcat

There should be a Jump Ultimate Stars tournament on DS. I've been crying for one for years now lol.

As for MW2... a 2V2 on 360 would be nice. 4v4 would be optimal but that would require too many 360s/TVs and team drama.

Batman77

;D definitely on 360 for MW2. As for 4 vs 4 that would be phenomenal  :D. But if that's not possible then 2 vs 2 would be fine.

NobuxD

IDK if I'm posting on the right section of the forums, but this is the first place that came to mind to ask.

I also don't know whether I'm the first person to askor not.. But is there going to be a Dissidia tournament this coming Fanimecon? If there is, has there been a discussion on tournament rules and what not?

PyronIkari

Quote from: NobuxD on November 20, 2009, 01:21:10 AM
IDK if I'm posting on the right section of the forums, but this is the first place that came to mind to ask.

I also don't know whether I'm the first person to askor not.. But is there going to be a Dissidia tournament this coming Fanimecon? If there is, has there been a discussion on tournament rules and what not?

No it hasn't, there's been no discussion. I'd discourage it anyway. Cloud would win anyways because of LOLOLOL infinite. It'd also have to be all base mode, since the game becomes broken with customization and gear.  VS. Battle Mode is the only way you can play the game fairly and it's hella boring and broken still. I was watching JP tournament vids about a year ago... boring crap ever.

NobuxD

No way! I've played against at least 20 clouds at Chabot College, I'd say I'm well trained to fight against Cloud anytime.

I would love to state the rules I play by at the college if that's fine. I mean it's fair to all players the way my group and I play it.

LordKefka

^ I don't know how it applies to the enjoyment of everyone else, but carry on...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

NobuxD

Well because equipments and all that nonsense just screws everyone over in the fight (you with godly gear vs player with not so godly at all)

The rules we play by is pretty much default basic abilities, no equipment/summon/accessories, no ex-mode (cheapest way to win), no indoor stages (prevents constant bad camera view and good advantage for certain characters).

What is allowed is to set up your offensive abilities and all characters are allowed.

PyronIkari

Quote from: NobuxD on November 20, 2009, 01:45:04 AM
Well because equipments and all that nonsense just screws everyone over in the fight (you with godly gear vs player with not so godly at all)

The rules we play by is pretty much default basic abilities, no equipment/summon/accessories, no ex-mode (cheapest way to win), no indoor stages (prevents constant bad camera view and good advantage for certain characters).

What is allowed is to set up your offensive abilities and all characters are allowed.

Basically the same idea as most smash tournaments. Think about it for a second.

"We are banning 70% of this game because if you allow any of it, the game is no longer playable".

YAY... you can beat cloud players. Can any of them land the infinite consistently? You realize that... Cloud wins instantly if he lands 1 of 2 hits on you at ANY TIME right? Infinite then link to Square attack means instawin

NobuxD

The only reason why Cloud's infinite works is because of abilities, the ability to shorten the time between attacks lets him do the infinite. If his basic abilities are set to default, then it's just a slash blow. Everyone can have an infinite if they had abilities on.

And a little off the mind, I hate Smash bros. :]

Umi.Ryuuzaki

To those that want a CoD MW2 tourny, if this does happen, I would recommend not allowing the 25-kill streak "nuke". Also, don't bother with the PC edition - it requires an internet connection to even start LAN mode and then it will still lag because the host has to go through iwnet and then back.

As for Left4Dead2, I'll be honest: that's a tourny that should remain on the PC for simplicity's sake. But then requires getting said PC section back and either a Valve server or a prayer that every PC is updated pre-Con. The same could be said for Team Fortress 2...

There is a way to make a portables section viable, but other than tournaments, would it have a good use throughout the con?
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmm.

I haven't gotten a chance to play Jump US as much as I should (D'oh!), but is the game as broken as Jump SS?
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite