eGaming. Pre-2009 - Early-2010 Preparation Setup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), May 25, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

Mizuki

If there's any threads that are requesting E-Gaming games, I will try and move them to this forum as soon as I find them.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Umi.Ryuuzaki on November 20, 2009, 12:42:14 PM
To those that want a CoD MW2 tourny, if this does happen, I would recommend not allowing the 25-kill streak "nuke". Also, don't bother with the PC edition - it requires an internet connection to even start LAN mode and then it will still lag because the host has to go through iwnet and then back.

As for Left4Dead2, I'll be honest: that's a tourny that should remain on the PC for simplicity's sake. But then requires getting said PC section back and either a Valve server or a prayer that every PC is updated pre-Con. The same could be said for Team Fortress 2...

There is a way to make a portables section viable, but other than tournaments, would it have a good use throughout the con?

Don't allow any kill streak powers. Period. There unbalanced and make the game even less skillful.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on November 21, 2009, 10:56:00 AM
Hmmm.

I haven't gotten a chance to play Jump US as much as I should (D'oh!), but is the game as broken as Jump SS?

There are some characters/supports that are broken

If you ban those (like 2 characters and 3 supports) then it should be fine for everyone

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 22, 2009, 04:20:59 PM
To those that want a CoD MW2 tourny, if this does happen, I would recommend not allowing the 25-kill streak "nuke". Also, don't bother with the PC edition - it requires an internet connection to even start LAN mode and then it will still lag because the host has to go through iwnet and then back.

As for Left4Dead2, I'll be honest: that's a tourny that should remain on the PC for simplicity's sake. But then requires getting said PC section back and either a Valve server or a prayer that every PC is updated pre-Con. The same could be said for Team Fortress 2...

There is a way to make a portables section viable, but other than tournaments, would it have a good use throughout the con?

Don't allow any kill streak powers. Period. There unbalanced and make the game even less skillful.

No Kill/Death streaks. This HAS to be applied.

Liquid

I would recommend not allowing the 25-kill streak "nuke".

Eh, if someone is able to get a 25 kill streak...than a nuke should be allowed. If you are already getting face pwned to let someone get 25 kills and no deaths....you deserve to be nuked in my opinion.

Also, if you plan to pick apart the game and ban certain classes, perks, killstreak awards, weapons, etc etc..... Then you might as well choose an entirely different game.

If you can't handle certain classes, perks, killstreaks, etc....then obviously it is because you lack the skill to use them or defend against them. There is a way around everything. I've had plenty of my kill streak rewards taken out in a matter of seconds by skilled players. Honestly, the only thing I've grown to hate in the game is the damn shotguns in my face, but that is something I have to learn to deal with. There is a counter for just about everything.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Liquid on November 24, 2009, 02:27:24 PM
I would recommend not allowing the 25-kill streak "nuke".

Eh, if someone is able to get a 25 kill streak...than a nuke should be allowed. If you are already getting face pwned to let someone get 25 kills and no deaths....you deserve to be nuked in my opinion.

Also, if you plan to pick apart the game and ban certain classes, perks, killstreak awards, weapons, etc etc..... Then you might as well choose an entirely different game.

If you can't handle certain classes, perks, killstreaks, etc....then obviously it is because you lack the skill to use them or defend against them. There is a way around everything. I've had plenty of my kill streak rewards taken out in a matter of seconds by skilled players. Honestly, the only thing I've grown to hate in the game is the damn shotguns in my face, but that is something I have to learn to deal with. There is a counter for just about everything.

But most of that discourages skill. A lot in this game is broken. Like the n00b tube. They didnt even attempt to fix that. Hell, they now have a n00b tubes pistol. Nothing balanced with that. It is not a matter of skill when you get shot with something overpowered. All it means is you die because of this unbalanced crap. Killstreak Awards only promote one-sidedness for no good reason other then you manged to shoot a few people in the back before someone shoots you in the back. Death streaks are even worse, rewarding a player for playing bad.
The outcome of a game should not be decided entirely on who gets the first 5 kills so you can force the other team into a spawn in the corner of the map. A game should be balanced regardless of who is winning the game. A losing team should be allowed to fight against the winning team on equal footing, allowing for a comebacks. Controlling the map and actual teamwork should mean more then camping in a corner and killing the guy that passes by.
I don't know maybe I just have too much of a competitive mind set for this

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Liquid

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 24, 2009, 04:29:27 PM
But most of that discourages skill. A lot in this game is broken. Like the n00b tube. They didnt even attempt to fix that. Hell, they now have a n00b tubes pistol. Nothing balanced with that. It is not a matter of skill when you get shot with something overpowered. All it means is you die because of this unbalanced crap. Killstreak Awards only promote one-sidedness for no good reason other then you manged to shoot a few people in the back before someone shoots you in the back. Death streaks are even worse, rewarding a player for playing bad.
The outcome of a game should not be decided entirely on who gets the first 5 kills so you can force the other team into a spawn in the corner of the map. A game should be balanced regardless of who is winning the game. A losing team should be allowed to fight against the winning team on equal footing, allowing for a comebacks. Controlling the map and actual teamwork should mean more then camping in a corner and killing the guy that passes by.
I don't know maybe I just have too much of a competitive mind set for this

I for one hate n00b tubes, but I still come out on top in my KDR in most cases. The people who use them piss me off, but then again I probably piss off a ton of people by constantly running up behind them and stabbing them with a knife. If I get tubed, it's usually because I put myself in a bad spot or because I just ran out in front of some guy who had it.

Honestly though, it sounds to me like you are playing against a team of friends and experienced players. If you don't want teams to be uneven, I suggest Mercenary Team Deathmatch. It doesn't allow for friends to team up and make sides uneven. Also, (in most cases on just about all game types) a spawn cannot be camped for that long, because the game auto moves the spawn if the enemy rapes it or invades it.

Death streaks are nice. It isn't a reward for dying. It's a handicap for being owned. You only get it after 3-4 deaths in a row without a kill. How the hell is that a reward? The only thing you get is a pain killer, a free martyrdom grenade, or a chance at a final stand. Those don't even really help that much. I don't know what you are smoking.

Kill streaks are also awesome. It adds more fun and challenge to a game from both angles. Did you know that if the enemy quickly takes out what you use for a killstreak that it brings them quicker to a win much faster? Did you know that you can unlock an ability\perk called "One Man Army" in which you can switch classes on the fly in order to get the weapons to take out a heli or a plane, if you didnt already have it equipped? Did you know that a full supply of bullets from an LMG can take out a heli? Given, it leaves you without ammo afterwards, but you get a good amount of points by taking one out.

Honestly, it just sounds to me like you are mad because you aren't good at the game or don't know the maps as well as you should. Or maybe the other teams you play against consist of a bunch of friends who practice together? I dunno.

There are countless ways around campers and multiple ways to get to just about every position on every map. It's so easy to turn on Marathon, Light Weight, and Ninja and flank the enemy team just using a knife. (Try it sometime, you won't want to go back.)

The game in no way discourages skill. It's actually quite the opposite. I love those games where both teams are calling in Harriers and helicopters and airstrikes and the games are really close. If you don't learn to hide yourself well and you just jump out in the open, you will be shot quickly in most cases. It teaches you to stay well hidden, check behind every corner, watch your back, use teamwork when possible, etc etc. How the hell does it not require skill? It's not like getting a 7 person killstreak is all that easy. Unless of course the other team doesn't have any clue what they are doing.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

Mizuki

We don't want to be like those Smash players, do we?

Batman77

Quote from: Liquid on November 24, 2009, 05:47:57 PM

I don't know what you are smoking.

;D Was going to say about the same thing glad you said it for me.

Also for the CoD:MW2 tourny I think regarding classes there are like about 5 default classes u start off. I think those should be the classes that should be open to use for the tourny b/c they're pre-set. Also I found out the way system link or split screen works in this one is kind of like online in the sense (but separate) that that's how u earn stuff like custom classes and so forth. So having the tourny on those 5-6 default classes would make things a lot easier and fair.   

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mizuki on November 25, 2009, 11:34:44 AM
We don't want to be like those Smash players, do we?

Just for clarification, I would assume the general rule thumb of suggesting rulesets (or discussions I read in the boards based on the disagreements between certain people Vs. the Smash community):

Do not immediately claim a "ban" on something too good or obscure, whether you agree with it or not.

Correct me if I am wrong or offensive.  Does not apply to adjustable options.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Liquid

Quote from: Batman77 on November 25, 2009, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Liquid on November 24, 2009, 05:47:57 PM

I don't know what you are smoking.

;D Was going to say about the same thing glad you said it for me.

Also for the CoD:MW2 tourny I think regarding classes there are like about 5 default classes u start off. I think those should be the classes that should be open to use for the tourny b/c they're pre-set. Also I found out the way system link or split screen works in this one is kind of like online in the sense (but separate) that that's how u earn stuff like custom classes and so forth. So having the tourny on those 5-6 default classes would make things a lot easier and fair.   

I can kind of agree with that. It *would* be unfair for some players to have access to weapons, perks, and killstreak rewards that the other players did not have access to. However, it'd be a lot more fun if all the characters being used for the tournament had most of the stuff unlocked.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Reikon

Who's heading the department this year?
2008-09 E-gaming staff

SukebeStudios

*POST DELETED*
DONATION OFFER REMOVED

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 06, 2009, 02:27:51 PM
What about a tournament with a "Retro" game? I've always liked Powerstone 2. (Although since Dreamcast is sort of a "Next Gen" console, I don't consider it truly "retro.") The gameplay is super easy, and both Beginners and Experienced players can have a decent chance at winning.

You could have 4 way Free For All for the preliminaries.

How is it a Next Gen console, it came out Last Gen!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 06, 2009, 03:03:09 PM
What about a tournament with a "Retro" game? I've always liked Powerstone 2. (Although since Dreamcast is sort of a "Next Gen" console, I don't consider it truly "retro.") The gameplay is super easy, and both Beginners and Experienced players can have a decent chance at winning.

Who cares, its a fun game

Lets do it!

SukebeStudios

*POST DELETED*
DONATION OFFER REMOVED

abcbadcat

Quote from: SukebeStudios on December 06, 2009, 04:12:24 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on December 06, 2009, 03:18:27 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on December 06, 2009, 03:03:09 PM

Who cares, its a fun game

Lets do it!

I am totally willing to donate the game, console, and controllers since they are relatively cheap where I get them. Even a memory card.

How much total?

SukebeStudios

*POST DELETED*
DONATION OFFER REMOVED

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

@Reikon: Check your PM and respond back for questions, please.

@SukebeStudios: If you wish to donate any equipment for eGaming, please contact me or Richard (asuka231) for the details.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Avairrianna

Metal Slug (any)
Left 4 Dead 1&2
TF2

I don't know lol
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017: