eGaming. Pre-2009 - Early-2010 Preparation Setup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), May 25, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

Batman77

;D any updates at all   ???:D

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Batman77 on December 30, 2009, 09:29:08 PM
;D any updates at all   ???:D

Updates will be coming soon.  The eGaming department has been constantly keeping up-to-date with material necessary for FanimeCon.  No official discussion at this moment until further confirmation, but do expect a temporary list soon though.

At the moment, just keep on posting ideas.  Our staff does read this frequently and keeping notes. ;D
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

CaptainYossarian

Eh, this might be a little late, but I seem to remember some scrolling shooters last year, and if we could get Tyrain this time around, I could die and go to heaven. I'm nearly certain it's Freeware now, so it shouldn't be terribly hard.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on January 03, 2010, 01:56:50 PMI'm nearly certain it's Freeware now, so it shouldn't be terribly hard.

Most Freeware is harder than what you may seem to think.  It just means free of use, but most freeware also states non-commercial use as well (unless permitted).

Anyways, we'll see what we can for Tyrian.  I remember playing this classic gem 15 years ago.  :)

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on January 03, 2010, 02:37:18 PM
Quote from: CaptainYossarian on January 03, 2010, 01:56:50 PMI'm nearly certain it's Freeware now, so it shouldn't be terribly hard.

Most Freeware is harder than what you may seem to think.  It just means free of use, but most freeware also states non-commercial use as well (unless permitted).

Anyways, we'll see what we can for Tyrian.  I remember playing this classic gem 15 years ago.  :)
Heh, I guess that was never a problem for me before, so I never thought about it that way. Also, here's the link to OpenTyrian, which ports it from the DOS version, in case it might help.

Glad to see a fellow fan, though--it'll be good to give it some publicity, no one remembers it anymore, and it's such a shame.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Mizuki

I don't know if I suggested already, but I'd like King of Fighters 98 Ultimate match and Melty Blood Actress Again in console area.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

On a side note, we have 2 extra megaphones we will use for FanimeCon (and plan on getting more).  Hopefully, this will make it much easier for people to listen on the announcements!  RAWR!!!

Quote from: Mizuki on January 04, 2010, 03:53:16 AM
I don't know if I suggested already, but I'd like King of Fighters 98 Ultimate match and Melty Blood Actress Again in console area.

On the forums, unknown.  During Spirit of Japan, yeps.  Think we had that discussion that time...did we???  **walks in memory lane**   :D

math4origami

ssbm/b
stepmania w/ pads  (cheap custom ddr!)

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: math4origami on January 05, 2010, 03:56:53 AMssbm/b

That's already a given.  :P

Quote from: math4origami on January 05, 2010, 03:56:53 AMstepmania w/ pads  (cheap custom ddr!)

Unfortunately, Stepmania is not legal in most cases... :-\

Radical edward

Badge-art done by my lovely friend para
I'm not always this stressed I swear... What's sleep?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

G-Force

So I heard there was going to be a DDR tournament in the works for egaming, what is the current status on that in terms of it's probability of surfacing?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: G-Force on January 24, 2010, 01:51:44 AMSo I heard there was going to be a DDR tournament in the works for egaming,

That is correct.  It happened in 2009, and requests for this has been highly demanding.

Quote from: G-Force on January 24, 2010, 01:51:44 AMwhat is the current status on that in terms of it's probability of surfacing?

In current discussion for both Perfect Attack and Freestyle, but expect a high rate of happening.  Official announcement will be posted soon by the tournament organizers.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: math4origami on January 05, 2010, 03:56:53 AM
stepmania w/ pads  (cheap custom ddr!)
That's a huge nono.  Its almost like "Hey guys! I want some fansubs at Anime Expo"!  If thats around people in the who runs the arcade would be pissed if something like that and lose people.  And also you'll put a huge risk not for the people at the department and also on behalf of the con itself if some company for lets say an employee of Konami wouldn't like that if lets say put some steps from the official game while you have an arcade just for that.  Just like Jonas its not on a legal case.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

CrypticPWN

i think it would be nice to have an iphone/ipod touch game showcase.... (however knowing apple, it will never happen) i figure its worth puting the idea out there.... TTR3 tourny at fanime would be pretty sick...
0000    0000   00    00 0000  0000 000   000<br />   00          0000   00   00  PWN   0      0    0 <br />   00      0   000       00     0000   0      0    0    0 <br />     0000     00         00     0         0   000     00<br />                 0  0

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

CrypticPWN: Please read previous messages on this forum.  Thanks.

============

A couple of questions to ask:

What do you guys think of the idea of speed runs done in eGaming at a certain time?  Note that if this were to occur, there are time limits on what games can be played and what objectives must be accomplished.

Because numerous people have discussed with me about Team Tournaments on games technically 1 Vs 1 on-screen (mostly the fighting games), which games would you like to see done as 2vs2 team-tournaments?

Mimirinpro

How about Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3? What otaku hasn't played atleast one of B-T games? I am sure a competitive community could sprawl up.

SukebeStudios

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on December 10, 2009, 11:05:19 AM
@Reikon: Check your PM and respond back for questions, please.

@SukebeStudios: If you wish to donate any equipment for eGaming, please contact me or Richard (asuka231) for the details.

Don't you worry about that. Fanime's not getting any equipment donated from me.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmmm, since I am getting PM's and emails recently this week, I guess I'll have to announce something to keep clear, often the same discussion relating to posts here:

I do understand that people want immediate responses.  If there hasn't been an immediate response, both PM or forum, that does not mean that we are simply laughing and scrapping the idea (I'd encourage you guys get facts first before announcing this so we are not left in confusion).  Often, it is currently in discussion between us staffers and other contributors outside of the forums.

Since this is a forum, you guys may be getting criticism from other people, including other staff members and mods.  That does not technically mean you should be discouraged (unless of course it's not con-appropriate).  Try not to feel hostile.  :)

We will make an official announcement soon in regards to what games will be featured (will be up-to-date afterwards).

Batman77

;D Please have Modern warfare 2 if you can. Please  :) I can't rember if I suggested it but left4dead2 would be great too. Even though there were problems with left4dead last year I'd really like to play 4 vs 4 again in the new left4dead2. Lol and I think I already have a team ready for it.  8)

As for the fighting games team tournies. I'm ok with it but my main two concerns would be prizes and being able to find a good partner  ??? :)