eGaming. Pre-2009 - Early-2010 Preparation Setup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), May 25, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Batman77 on February 11, 2010, 06:38:26 PMAs for the fighting games team tournies. I'm ok with it but my main two concerns would be prizes and being able to find a good partner  ??? :)

Why concern about Team tournaments prizes... yet people are requesting 4 Vs 4?  Hmmm.  Anyways, this is something we are currently working on.  If anyone wish to contribute to making things happen, you guys are always welcome to do so.

Not all fighting games will be teams.  Possibly just a few.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

DarkMoonlitStar

I'd join the Rock Band 2 tourney if I had a band to play with (people who play hard or expert) btw on the 360 I definitely play expert and I'm a "platinum artist" with a billion fans on career mode xD (took forever to get that tho...) never did like bragging just putting it out there if someone needed a guitarist/bassist on expert for that....
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 20, 2010, 10:39:16 PM
I'd join the Rock Band 2 tourney if I had a band to play with (people who play hard or expert) btw on the 360 I definitely play expert and I'm a "platinum artist" with a billion fans on career mode xD (took forever to get that tho...) never did like bragging just putting it out there if someone needed a guitarist/bassist on expert for that....

Are you referring to a Rock Band 2 Freestyle or a Rock Band 2 Score (or percentage) Attack?

DarkMoonlitStar

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on February 21, 2010, 01:27:46 AM

Are you referring to a Rock Band 2 Freestyle or a Rock Band 2 Score (or percentage) Attack?

I could play with either but if I had to choose then freestyle would probably be what I'd prefer to play on. I'm not too picky as long as I get to play good songs xP
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

Batman77

;D I would love to see a call of duty:MW2 4 vs 4 tourny  :D

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

For those who are wondering about PC Gaming and wanting that back, we got good news for ya...
[size=8]PC GAMING IS BACK!![/size]
Yes, you heard that right, PC GAMING IS BACK!!  If you got anything to respond to this, now is your chance!

= = = = = = =

Moving on to replies:

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 21, 2010, 02:13:05 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on February 21, 2010, 01:27:46 AM

I could play with either but if I had to choose then freestyle would probably be what I'd prefer to play on. I'm not too picky as long as I get to play good songs xP

We are currently working on a Freestyle section like last year.  We'll make the final decision soon on that.

Quote from: Batman77 on February 22, 2010, 08:18:22 PM
;D I would love to see a call of duty:MW2 4 vs 4 tourny  :D

As mentioned before, we'll try to see what we can do.  Yes, we read your posts and how much you want this badly.  ^_^

= = = = = = =

NOTE: A new thread for eGaming will be made soon for official games and information.  This will be locked in a couple of weeks.  Stay tuned!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yeah PC gaming is back!
Wait I don't play PC Games...
Still now I can see some of those PC games in action so whatever.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

CaptainYossarian

RE: PC gaming. Any chance there is going to be a Starcraft LAN or even better old Command and Conquer? Another thing that might be cool is The Battle for Wesnoth. This is another piece of Freeware, which I now after my lat suggestion understand there could be oproblems with, but it's one of the best old style combat strategy games and is really worth checking out. And then, of couse, you culd always have a machine dedicated solely to proselytizing Planescape: Torment.  ;)

My other question, though, is if there is going to be a LAN, can we get in on it if we bring our own units? 

Having PC's is really a good chance to give some action to the gamers amoung us who don't do fighting or FPS's, and I thoughrougly support the move.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

Elimeno

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on February 24, 2010, 09:51:46 PM
RE: PC gaming. Any chance there is going to be a Starcraft LAN or even better old Command and Conquer? Another thing that might be cool is The Battle for Wesnoth. This is another piece of Freeware, which I now after my lat suggestion understand there could be oproblems with, but it's one of the best old style combat strategy games and is really worth checking out. And then, of couse, you culd always have a machine dedicated solely to proselytizing Planescape: Torment.  ;)

My other question, though, is if there is going to be a LAN, can we get in on it if we bring our own units? 

Having PC's is really a good chance to give some action to the gamers amoung us who don't do fighting or FPS's, and I thoughrougly support the move.

awwww its been years since i've played C&C or starcraft that'd be awesome; throw in a little Counterstrike and we'd be in business lol.  But I'm also interested in the LAN; as they say the more the merrier
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: Elimeno on February 25, 2010, 09:19:51 AM
awwww its been years since i've played C&C or starcraft that'd be awesome; throw in a little Counterstrike and we'd be in business lol.  But I'm also interested in the LAN; as they say the more the merrier

A little CS should be fine, but personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if this was used just for more FPS's. Thats just my two cents, though.
"Did I know Szat would betray us?" Urza asked quizzically. "I was counting on it"

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: CaptainYossarian on February 25, 2010, 11:42:24 AMA little CS should be fine, but personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if this was used just for more FPS's. Thats just my two cents, though.

For PC Gaming (and Console gaming as well), we vary the games to the open public from a wide variety.  We aren't just focusing on just one genre.  ^_^

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on February 25, 2010, 01:05:34 PM
Quote from: CaptainYossarian on February 25, 2010, 11:42:24 AMA little CS should be fine, but personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if this was used just for more FPS's. Thats just my two cents, though.

For PC Gaming (and Console gaming as well), we vary the games to the open public from a wide variety.  We aren't just focusing on just one genre.  ^_^

I have no doubt this is true, but what I'm hoping for is that the PC's used to expand beyond those Genera's available on the Consuls, and not simply more of the same. I have faith in the eGaming department, though.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

CaptainYossarian

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 25, 2010, 04:07:33 PM
e-gaming twitter? o.o

Actually, I was thinking of some Synchronized Blogging, or perhaps a good old Flame War.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

[size=8]VERY IMPORTANT!![/size]

eGaming information on the forum is updated until the con starts.  Forum updates may or may not be possible during con, varying upon Internet connection on dedicated areas.  In addition, some cell phones with Internet cannot read forum code at all.

However, the Twitter account WILL BE CONSTANTLY UPDATING, EVEN DURING CON!  It will have the links and small feeds of eGaming announcements before con.  During con, it will announce some of the following:
  • Any possible changes on rulesets.
  • Time schedules.
  • Prizes.
  • Tournament sign-up information.
  • Tournament winners.
  • Available games.
  • Setup information.

There's more.  This is another way to inform you guys, in case you didn't get the information from us somehow.  I cannot guarantee reception issues though.

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 25, 2010, 04:07:33 PM
e-gaming twitter? o.o

Indeed!  Gives people a less excuse for not being informed.

LordKefka

[/quote]

Indeed!  Gives people a less excuse for not being informed.
[/quote]

Hahah
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

DarkMoonlitStar

RE: Rock Band 2

haha I don't even have a band even if I'd want to participate. Plus, I seriously play a lot better sitting down o.o"'

Also would you guys consider other handheld game tourneys like Dissidia Final Fantasy or other popular handheld games?
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

JTchinoy

I don't know if any of us know about those games enough nor if there's a strong enough scene for someone to run it and for us to set up some tournament rules.  We'll discuss it at the next meeting.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Virtual Boy

Hey Jonas! It's vbo. Finally got me one of these thingies. Btw, is there any confirmation on how many PCs are available for PC gaming?