Nerd Courting / Cosplay: Overdoing it, FEEDBACK

Started by Adam Cullen, May 25, 2009, 06:22:43 PM

Adam Cullen

HELLO!!  Adam here, with CCRStars, Feeling great after an amazing time at Fanime!!!!!   So this is a feedback topic for anyone who attended either or both of my panels this year.  I want to know what you think, if you had fun, what you liked or didn't like or even just have you say hi.   I fully intend to do both panels again, assuming they let me, and I really want to improve them.   Hell, we can even continue our discussion here, it's not like I've run out of things to say.   :P   So speak up!  Also, come on over and friend us on myspace:   http://www.myspace.com/ccrstars

-Adam

Saeris

Hey, just commenting to let everyone know, as someone who went to both panels and stayed after each to hang out with Adam and his group, you should all come to these panels next year if they have them again. Nerd Courting was the single most entertaining and hilariously funny panel I have ever attended in 7 years of attendance at FanimeCon. This is not to say that there wasn't any good advice to be had at this panel, there of course, was a lot of information that would be useful to anyone. Adam as a panelist, though, is genuinely awesome. The number of stories this man has to tell are endless, and you can never get bored talking to him. As a great example of this, many of us stayed after the panels to chat for another 4-5 hours and periodically over the course of the convention. It's rare that anyone gets so involved with people they've just met. I'm very glad that I went along, and what I took away from these panels were more than just great information on Cosplay and process of design and how to pick up women, it was also a great social experience that introduced me to a number of new and interesting friends. Thanks Adam and the entire CCRStars group for making Fanime 2009 the best con I've ever been to.

Excuse the double post, I didn't see the feedback thread at first and now I can't delete my reply, heh...

Wasabi

nerd courting was very entertaining and informative! keep up the great work!

FanimeCon 06 - Astro Sexy Cosplay
-=Best of Choreography=-

y0~

narutarded

I went to Nerd Courting and couldn't stay for the whole thing because the parking garage closed at 11:00 but I was there for an hour and I actually learned some stuff that I didn't know, even though I've read about how to court girls from other sources.  I liked this because it was especially aimed at nerds, while the other sources are kind of about how to put on an act or change your personality in order to attract girls. Some of the new stuff I learned at the panel was what nerds all have in common (imagination), and how this causes hesitation in nerds.  I also agree with the statement that the non-nerds  who don't know about anime but get girls are missing out.

Shift-7

As another one who went to both panels and stayed up late for the following discussions I can most certainly say that not only were these the best panels I've been to at Fanime, they were some of the best I've ever been to anywhere.  As a speaker Adam is more than capable of imparting a large amount of information without sounding the least bit dry or boring.  And, although they didn't talk much, the other members of CCRStars who were on the panels were not lacking in either knowledge or experience.  Both Nerd Courting and Cosplay: Overdoing It were troves of information that was useful, interesting, and relevant.  All of it can be implemented easily and all of it can greatly help anyone interest in either subject.

If you're going to Expo, make time to go and see these panels.  If not, be sure to check them out next year.
Will this hurt?

havok rt

While Nerd Courting didn't really dispense any thing I didn't know it was nonetheless entertaining.
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)