Post-con depression!

Started by sadistic-otaku, May 25, 2009, 08:00:52 PM

sadistic-otaku

Ahhh! I'm sitting in my room, and there's nothing to do! No costume to work on, no meeting new people.. Sigh.

Anyone else feeling it?

Xepherian

you can meet me.
but ONLY if you REALLY want to...

but other than that, I'm kinda relieved that fanime's ended.
I like my normal sleep schedules, and I don't wanna get bored of it by bein' there too much.

Raydere

I'm still wearing my cosplay from today, and I'm in my bedroom right now.

For the next few days I might wear my badge at the places I hang out at, as a representation of my post-con depression.

At the same time, I can finally play Gunbird 2 and Giga Wing, which I bought at the swap meet and had been wanting to play since Friday. I was gonna set up my Sega Saturn tonight, but ran into an FML moment when I discovered that it didn't have AV cables (RF adaptor only) and I couldn't find any Saturn games at the meet.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

RyuHayabusa

I'm dead, and i'm at my house relaxing and for once, i'm glad that it hasn't hit me yet. It will hit me when I go back to work on wednesday. I'll be like...oh man...need fanime now lol.

But yeah, met some new people too and might as well catch up on anime that I haven't seen lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

sadistic-otaku

Quote from: Xepherian on May 25, 2009, 08:07:37 PM
I like my normal sleep schedules, and I don't wanna get bored of it by bein' there too much.

So true. I'm so tired right now! I'm going to sleep early tonight..

Crap I gotta start studying for finals! T_T

Raydere

Thank goodness I go to SJSU! Finals are right before Fanime, so Fanime to me is a 5-day-long end-of-academic-year party.

Anyways, I'm gonna go cook some curry to mitigate this withdrawal.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Miyu_Mya

I just woke from a nap. i am happy that I finally got to rest my feet and sleep, but when I woke up i realize that there was no more Cosplayers, Dealers halls, artist hall, stage Zero, and etc.

I'm gonna have to go back to my life where when i say "I like Anime" people either respond with "yea...i'm just not into that"  "Whats that?" or  "i don't watch cartoons anymore."
Those people bug me, I was Home at Fanime.

i don't know what to do for another 362 days until Fanime 2010 starts again.
"Nothing beautiful lasts forever."

heeroyuy135

It hasn't hit me yet, although odds are I'll probably still be on con sleeping time so I won't sleep until late tonight. Probably when I go back to work.

...*sigh* The weekend went so fast it seemed like a blur...I wish it could go slower :(

SOawesomeness

I have to go to school with people that I have to reserve myself with more than I do at Fanime... only at Fanime can I go up to someone I barely know and touch their hair to see how soft it is or point at them and repeat/guess their names 10+times (it really did happen... >.> SORRY JOSH!).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

sadistic-otaku

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 25, 2009, 08:41:07 PM
I have to go to school with people that I have to reserve myself with more than I do at Fanime... only at Fanime can I go up to someone I barely know and touch their hair to see how soft it is or point at them and repeat/guess their names 10+times (it really did happen... >.> SORRY JOSH!).

I think most people are reserved when hanging around with others outside of conventions. That's probably why everyone is so nice when they go to fanime, since they can be super geeky and not be judged for it. I had conversations with a bunch of random strangers, and I would never do that outside of fanime!

morgaine

Exhausted.  I was fine the entire weekend, but I totally crashed today xP

It was super-fun though.  Random conversations with strangers were fun.  And dancing!  I meet a lot of awesome people there, that I hope to see again @ Fanime '10.

Strangely though, as much as I wished it would last longer, I'm glad to be back.  A lengthened convention would wear me out more, and take the fun out of it.  It'll probably the only convention I'll attend all year.  I enjoyed it ^-^
Fanime 2019
TBD

Pengin-san

I usually don't get the con blue this bad so early, but this year is particularly bad.  I had so much fun Fanime, but I'm coming back to hell in my life.  Back to massive finals, projects, school in general, a melodramatic mother, and stress for SAT IIs.  No matter I try to look forward to, I really miss Fanime ;___;.  Sigh, my life is so boring.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Archangel045

I'm sad its over.  I really enjoy it so much and once it's done I have nothing to really think about or stress over.  BUT what the end of 2009 fanime means to me is the beginning of planning for the 2010 fanime.  Girlfriend, group of friends, and myself are already planning for next year, we don't wait a minute and we get ready for it right away (Because no matter what it always will get dragged to the last minute).

sweetrinoa

The post con depression hit when I was checking out.  I have to go back to the real world of work, where there are no cosplayers, or any of the other things I love about Fanime.  

HarpB

There is no such thing for me o.O I enjoyed the something different part of my life, now I continue some other different things. I had some good moments, but it seems like all of yours experience was somehow much better than mine, hence you miss it more than moi.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I am hit pretty bad.
While the ability to rest is nice, I can't help but think about how fast the weekend was.
There was so many things to do, and I am depressed that I have now have nothing to do but work.
But at least I have private time now. I don't have to deal with roommates withing 10ft of me for 4 days.
Still looking forward to next year. Considering what I bought this year, I gonna bring like a grand with me next year. Or maybe the same amount. I did pay for almost all my buddies expenses, including Food, Room, and Badge, as well as a few things from the dealers hall. That bastard owes me $200. Could have spent that on more wall scrolls.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

AnimeEmperor

It hasn't hit me yet. I didn't actually spent much time with anyone this year, so I don't really feel like I was ripped asunder from Fanime. Although I may feel it tomorrow.

Rhornez

Quote from: Miyu_Mya on May 25, 2009, 08:36:32 PM
I just woke from a nap. i am happy that I finally got to rest my feet and sleep, but when I woke up i realize that there was no more Cosplayers, Dealers halls, artist hall, stage Zero, and etc.

I'm gonna have to go back to my life where when i say "I like Anime" people either respond with "yea...i'm just not into that"  "Whats that?" or  "i don't watch cartoons anymore."
Those people bug me, I was Home at Fanime.

i don't know what to do for another 362 days until Fanime 2010 starts again.
i feel you it hit me extremely hard since i couldnt go to the death note tea party gathering and all
espicially since it was the first time i cosplayed it hit me worser

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Dracil

Hasn't really hit me yet.  I've just been pumped from listening to Momoi/nico songs all day.  It'll probably hit me tomorrow at work.

DentyneIce408

Fanimecon felt like an epic dream, a dream that I wished that would never end. This feeling of Fanimcon withdrawl makes me want to cry  :'(

But since it felt like a dream I might as well dream it every night and stay on these forums in order to express my thoughts and to brighten up my days.  8)
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.