Post-con depression!

Started by sadistic-otaku, May 25, 2009, 08:00:52 PM

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Lexy

I miss staying up hella late.
Went right back to work after Fanime. Work became +5 worse even though it was a 4 day work week.

I decided to start playing FFXI again to help me cope.
Let's Play Channel
PSN: Lexy-

SOawesomeness

If ya guys think about staffing, you'll be able to hang with staffers once a month cos of the meetings. :D

Just putting the idea out there. ^^
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

XpHoBiaX

I get a tinge of sadness, but never depressed. I am sorta used to the after con-getting back to irl thing. My thing is I get so damn bored with myself. @_@ Cuz everyone I hang with at the con are sooooo far away! lol

I am still on the fence about staffing. I really want too...but I am afraid I'll never make the meetings or anything. Distance, FTL. I'm moving to fresno. >:/ Closer, but still not close enough.  >:(

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Eri Kagami

More like post-con blah-ness on my part. However, coming home to a family BBQ helps the monotony of real life. Then again, I did have a picnic to attend to the very next Saturday.

Ah well, Anime Expo is up next. Until then, it's summer school study time - grad school style! (aka lots of work ahead!)

Raydere

Quote from: White Rose Assassin on June 01, 2009, 10:18:09 PM
More like post-con blah-ness on my part. However, coming home to a family BBQ helps the monotony of real life. Then again, I did have a picnic to attend to the very next Saturday.

Ah well, Anime Expo is up next. Until then, it's summer school study time - grad school style! (aka lots of work ahead!)
Bah, AX is no go for me due to no roommates. However, I may pay a visit to AI with my friend sometime this summer.

I'll also most likely do 1-day visits to Sac-Anime and Yaoi-Con.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

heeroyuy135

I would love to go to AX, but I can't afford it right now.
The next real con for me is Sac-Anime in August, although there is a Sac-Con this Sunday...yay more cons!

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

narutofan17

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 01, 2009, 09:22:17 PM
I get a tinge of sadness, but never depressed. I am sorta used to the after con-getting back to irl thing. My thing is I get so damn bored with myself. @_@ Cuz everyone I hang with at the con are sooooo far away! lol

I am still on the fence about staffing. I really want too...but I am afraid I'll never make the meetings or anything. Distance, FTL. I'm moving to fresno. >:/ Closer, but still not close enough.  >:(
I also wanted to be on staff but I like cosplaying to much to sell my soul to them for 24 hours. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Dagger-6

Certain departments you can work while in cosplay or they do more work before/after the con.  So there are still opportunities if you're interested. =)

Fresno would be hard to make meetings...I'm going to have an equally hard time since I'll be out in San Diego starting in september.  I'm sure if you talk to the department head of whatever you're interested in (ROVERS ROVERS ROVERS ::end subliminal message::) they can work something out so the days you can make it out they ensure you're prepped and ready for Fanime2010.

narutofan17

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

morgaine

Quote from: narutofan17 on May 28, 2009, 08:26:31 PM
I can't let the post con depressions get me down! I already started working on the designing my costumes for next year. T_T

lol Not even past the 'one-month-after-Fanime' mark, and I'm doing the same thing!  I plan to make more complicated costumes for 2010, so I really do need the early start xDD
Fanime 2019
TBD

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Shinsengumi on June 01, 2009, 12:40:50 AM
I really enjoy Fanime, I really enjoy coming up as well. Salinas is really boring nothing to do but be bored, one of the things I hate going back.
Hell I enjoy visiting u guys or even better is have the Salinas Peeps visit SF.  Thats pretty awesome.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Raydere

So just when my PCD starts to die down, I go to SubZERO in downtown last night and I see the Fanime banners on the same street as SubZERO, which kinda put a damper on my experience.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Stormfalcon

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on June 06, 2009, 08:06:54 AM
So just when my PCD starts to die down, I go to SubZERO in downtown last night and I see the Fanime banners on the same street as SubZERO, which kinda put a damper on my experience.

Heh...I kinda make it a game to guess how long it takes them to take the banners down.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

xell

I know what you mean.  I was having finals, but I couldn't focus at all.  I flanked most of them.  Currently searching Fanime videos on youtube and playing Online games to escape reality.  I' so sad that Fanime ended.  Everyone are so nice, and seeing all the cosplays. TOT I wanna go back!!

Boozer

Quote from: rude32 on June 02, 2009, 01:13:42 AM
Quote from: JTchinoy on June 01, 2009, 02:59:52 AM
need moar ninja.
that game is addicting.
oh god i want to play ninja again , well i am actually teaching my students it ^^

michiko nakano

ahhh pcd... yeah i've been reading the stuff that came in the fanime welcome bag thingee, going over the schedule, wearing my badge around, looking for pictures of people i met on flickr... plus running around in the forums.  The forums help a LOT.

xell

Quote from: Boozer on August 14, 2009, 11:44:48 PM
Quote from: rude32 on June 02, 2009, 01:13:42 AM
Quote from: JTchinoy on June 01, 2009, 02:59:52 AM
need moar ninja.
that game is addicting.
oh god i want to play ninja again , well i am actually teaching my students it ^^

ninja? what game is that?
mind explain a bit?

Azuru

Yes, I do. I wish it were sooner, but I don't have anything ready. And my schedule is packed full already, fairs and cons going back to back!
Here they are:

December 6, 2009: Fremont Christmas anime fair
January 30-31, 2010: Aod San Fransisco
April 26, 2010: Fremont spring fair
May 21-24,2010: Fanime San Jose
July (not sure when): Ax L.a.
My cosplay list (still going to be updated)