Post-con depression!

Started by sadistic-otaku, May 25, 2009, 08:00:52 PM

Roguethe

I'm focusing on difficult, extravagant cosplays and other goals for next year, including saving up lots of money.
So only two days after the convention, I'm already working on next year.
:)
So the Con-blues are not that bad this year.
Plus, there are always festivals and smaller conventions people can go to in the mean time!

I draw sometimessss

Kupo

Haha wow! I thought I was the only one.

Yeah, I still have Fanime fresh in my thoughts. I was so accustomed to waking up in a hotel full of friends and going to the convention. When I was getting picked up to go home, I looked back and thought in my head "Come back Fanime!! Wahh!!" Earlier today I passed by a Movie Theatre on the way to the Library and one of the movies there was "Level Zero" and I immediately thought of "Stage Zero" and was sad! =(

I really miss the friendly atmosphere with the free hugs and stuff, it was like my second family there. I also miss the fact that I can go all nerd without looking stupid. It was also a place that I can go to away from my parents and chill with my friends. Not that I don't like my parents, but I like that kind of freedom and relaxation away, especially things like school.

When I got home I was on the bed sad because I know I'd be sleeping from this really great dream and waking up back to reality. Back to homework, tests, stress, etc. *sigh* The fact I blew my money on Fanime didn't help either, haha. I wish I could just go to anime conventions every weekend!!

At least I'll be looking forward to Fanime 2010, and the other fanimes after that!

chifunii

Quote from: Kupo on May 27, 2009, 07:45:56 PM
I wish I could just go to anime conventions every weekend!!

At least I'll be looking forward to Fanime 2010, and the other fanimes after that!

Oh, but if it was every weekend, we'd all be very poor, and it would take away from the anticipation and excitement everyone has for Fanime. :)

You know...every time my friends hear my talking about Fanime, they always say "FAMINE? I'M HUNGRY!!!"
>.> I'll work on explaining. xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Rhornez

Quote from: ryuyasha on May 27, 2009, 05:32:48 PM
No despression here, too busy preparing for AX now! xD But im sure ill be hit double hard when thats over.
AX is the reason i didnt have enough money dam you ax

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Xepherian

Quote from: chifunii on May 27, 2009, 08:19:19 PM
You know...every time my friends hear my talking about Fanime, they always say "FAMINE? I'M HUNGRY!!!"

fanime had churros.

chifunii

Quote from: Xepherian on May 27, 2009, 09:43:14 PM

fanime had churros.

Misses the point, but I do enjoy churros. Just not overpriced ones. >.>;;

Xepherian

Quote from: chifunii on May 27, 2009, 09:59:36 PM

fanime had churros.

idk, they were pretty big...

chifunii

Quote from: Xepherian on May 27, 2009, 10:10:55 PM
Quote from: chifunii on May 27, 2009, 09:59:36 PM

fanime had churros.

idk, they were pretty big...

Maybe I should give them a try next year. That $4 hotdog was pretty good though. LOL.

RyuHayabusa

I went to work and then it hit me pretty bad.

Gah. Must attend another con soon -_-;;
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Eliteslayer

Am I depressed after the convention?

You have no idea. Trust me when I say I've got a damn good reason for it.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Xepherian

I've already set the count down for next fanime, assuming Day Zero is May 20th, 2010.
My phone counts.. 357 days until Day Zero! :)
that's 8568 hours.
514080 minutes.
30844800 seconds.

Wow, now that I look at Minutes and Seconds, that's not that long.

Then again, I was never a good mathematician, so I probably did this wrong.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: Xepherian on May 27, 2009, 11:46:51 PM
I've already set the count down for next fanime, assuming Day Zero is May 20th, 2010.
My phone counts.. 357 days until Day Zero! :)
that's 8568 hours.
514080 minutes.
30844800 seconds.

Wow, now that I look at Minutes and Seconds, that's not that long.

Then again, I was never a good mathematician, so I probably did this wrong.
Memorial Day falls on the 31st in 2010, so I'm assuming the 2010 dates will be the 28th-31st (with Day Zero the 27th).

Kertus

Eh, I try to take my mind off it by watching stuff I saw the beginning of at the cons and trying to start planning for the next year.
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Raydere

Ray would like to meet up with Fanime pals again...maybe put together a session of cosplay chess over the summer at a park or something?
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

XpHoBiaX

I haven't had time to get depressed yet. I have to turn in a charity art project tomorrow for a silent auction. So I am in fresno again, and haven't gotten to recoup from con craziness. I am also in the midst of moving.
@_@
The charity auction is for a hospital for children with special needs and I was asked to donate my time and creativity for the event. I wish I had more things to paint...I love doing things like this.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Raydere

Ray doesn't really have post-con depression anymore, except for regretting not going to B&W ball.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

ichigocorcor

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 25, 2009, 08:28:10 PM
Thank goodness I go to SJSU! Finals are right before Fanime, so Fanime to me is a 5-day-long end-of-academic-year party.

Anyways, I'm gonna go cook some curry to mitigate this withdrawal.

Same here! My last finals were the day before I left, so Fanime was definitely end-of-school vacation for me. Having con withdrawals, but I just found out I'm going to both AX and ComicCon, so I can't really complain.

There are so many cons year-round; Mikomicon (Sept), PMX (Nov), ALA (Jan) and Fanime that it's almost hard to miss them.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

ichigocorcor

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 28, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Ray doesn't really have post-con depression anymore, except for regretting not going to B&W ball.

And, you really didn't miss much. The B&W Ball was kinda like Prom, for people who never went to Prom xD
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans

G.I.R

Quote from: ichigocorcor on May 28, 2009, 12:37:06 PM
Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 25, 2009, 08:28:10 PM
Thank goodness I go to SJSU! Finals are right before Fanime, so Fanime to me is a 5-day-long end-of-academic-year party.

Anyways, I'm gonna go cook some curry to mitigate this withdrawal.

Same here! My last finals were the day before I left, so Fanime was definitely end-of-school vacation for me. Having con withdrawals, but I just found out I'm going to both AX and ComicCon, so I can't really complain.

There are so many cons year-round; Mikomicon (Sept), PMX (Nov), ALA (Jan) and Fanime that it's almost hard to miss them.
Yay!  Another Comic Con Attendee.  What is "Mikomicon:?