Post-con depression!

Started by sadistic-otaku, May 25, 2009, 08:00:52 PM

Vensy

Lol~ I have AX to look forward to, so I'm busy working on improving/finishing up my cosplays on that. =3  I am sad though because I miss everyone from the con, but looking forward to hanging out with them all again in a month! whoo~
Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

outcast

It is a sad thought that we have to wait another year, but i cant complain because the group i went with this all go to same school as I do.

narutofan17

I can't let the post con depressions get me down! I already started working on the designing my costumes for next year. T_T
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Piichuu

I was so happy during the Fanime time.
And then I got back to school and I was called gay, kids in my science class would go all "haha, I bet she likes the -insert part of the male reproductive system here-" and such.
I hate my school.
Dx
I needs more Fanime.
2011 Cosplays -
Mijumaru/Oshawott (Pokemon B/W)
Team Rocket Grunt (Pokemon)

Possibly Red Scout (TF2)

narutofan17

Quote from: Piichuu on May 28, 2009, 08:29:47 PM
I was so happy during the Fanime time.
And then I got back to school and I was called gay, kids in my science class would go all "haha, I bet she likes the -insert part of the male reproductive system here-" and such.
I hate my school.
Dx
I needs more Fanime.
Don't worry. We can all cosplay and gang up on them. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Piichuu

There wouldn't even need to be a group. :I If even one more person came with me, I could beat the crap out of them.
People at my school are so stupid.
If you aren't a guy interested in skateboarding or rap; or a girl whose into short-shorts and cheer leading, then your a geek pretty much.
2011 Cosplays -
Mijumaru/Oshawott (Pokemon B/W)
Team Rocket Grunt (Pokemon)

Possibly Red Scout (TF2)

Zero_Kirby

SOawesomeness

I feel so sad that I can't really hang out with all my reg friends at one time. ;.;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

narutofan17

Quote from: Piichuu on May 28, 2009, 08:39:22 PM
There wouldn't even need to be a group. :I If even one more person came with me, I could beat the crap out of them.
People at my school are so stupid.
If you aren't a guy interested in skateboarding or rap; or a girl whose into short-shorts and cheer leading, then your a geek pretty much.
I like rap and I'm labeled a nerd still. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Raydere

Well here's the crappy part about my PCD:

I feel so distant from my non-con friends now. I feel like the only non-family I want to be friends with right now are my con friends. I've had a crush on a classmate for a year, and going to Fanime kinda...retarded that crush, because she's not an anime fan, let alone a congoer.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Kertus

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on May 29, 2009, 03:42:19 PM

I feel so distant from my non-con friends now. I feel like the only non-family I want to be friends with right now are my con friends. I've had a crush on a classmate for a year, and going to Fanime kinda...retarded that crush, because she's not an anime fan, let alone a congoer.

heh, you should talk to more chicks at the con, or find people at your school that go then :P
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

chifunii

Quote from: Kertus on May 29, 2009, 06:25:45 PM

heh, you should talk to more chicks at the con, or find people at your school that go then :P

I agree with that.
Actually, I've been having the same opinion...con-friends have a LOT more in common with me than my friends I've met in school. Of course some of them still like anime...but not a congoer. (I know, OMIGOSH).
A really good way is to start a Facebook event or group and just invite everyone you know. If they go, good for you and them! xD

I really think that Fanime (and any other con, but Fanime in particular) has a friendly atmosphere. You can walk up to complete strangers and strike up a conversation like nobody's business. That can't happen anywhere else without it feeling weird. Take advantage of this and talk! :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: chifunii on May 29, 2009, 06:35:31 PM

I agree with that.
Actually, I've been having the same opinion...con-friends have a LOT more in common with me than my friends I've met in school. Of course some of them still like anime...but not a congoer. (I know, OMIGOSH).
A really good way is to start a Facebook event or group and just invite everyone you know. If they go, good for you and them! xD

I really think that Fanime (and any other con, but Fanime in particular) has a friendly atmosphere. You can walk up to complete strangers and strike up a conversation like nobody's business. That can't happen anywhere else without it feeling weird. Take advantage of this and talk! :)

I agree with this one. if anyone has a facebook account, pm me with your facebook profile and I'll add you.  I have 21 more days before I go on vacation and AX lol.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

RooBird

Oh god do I know what you mean. I'm dying over here without Fanime. DX 2010 is so far away.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

AngieDesu

I'm actually not so depressed right now. I'm very happy about how this years con turned out. It'll probably hit me in the middle of the year sometime though because i'll remember fanime and want to go back again.

Stormfalcon

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on May 29, 2009, 11:09:09 PM
Quote from: chifunii on May 29, 2009, 06:35:31 PM

I agree with that.

I agree with this one. if anyone has a facebook account, pm me with your facebook profile and I'll add you.  I have 21 more days before I go on vacation and AX lol.

Yeah, the Facebook idea is a good one.  There's already a Fanime group here, though it still has '08 in the title.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Dagger-6

There's an 09 and 10 version of that facebook group up also.

OniCourseMusha

Heh even though my Salinas group is feeling that post con depression we all get together and chill and do random stuff.  Plus got a upcoming party to plan!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

PoisonFish

I've had that happen to me. At this point, though I'm not actually that nerdy, I've resolved that if I had a preference on who to crush on, it'd have to be someone who at least has a measure of nerdness to them.

unfortunately huge bursts of romantic emotion don't work that way.

Shinsengumi

I really enjoy Fanime, I really enjoy coming up as well. Salinas is really boring nothing to do but be bored, one of the things I hate going back.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).