Masquerade feedback?

Started by sadistic-otaku, May 25, 2009, 08:07:14 PM

UsakoMinako

I know ^_^ I too am former danceteam & showcheer coach, and picking parts and pasting is easy enough for a routine- if there are no scripts or voice overs, timing for significant scenes etc. Thats where it gets tricky @_@ Its like going to nationals and making sure all of your stunts that you need to show get in with plenty of safety and that the cheer lines will fit and make sense within reason without making it look lame LOL ^_^ NYEE good times
Well, we started last month, August for costumes, September is for scripts and music pick so I was wondering... When will there be a final word on the time limit matter?

PS yes! The "Fantastic" props, being the Tsubasa "Wings of Fate" cubes were Pvc Frames malloted in to make sure they would "stay" which the group hadn't done before for storage reasons. And oooooooooh did they ever stay. So setting them up took WAY longer than the usual 20 minutes and breakdown was like @_@ they were REALLY stuck. Going on stage, I guess they were suppose to walk out a few seconds before they did but no one told them, so it took a bit longer getting on. :(
Anyhow, the group won't be doing huge props like their cubes next year since they try to do something different everyyear.
They are working on something that won't upset the stage hands or make anyone nervous about exit time. ;)

Gadget

I had a good time at masquerade. True sometimes skits are always going to be drawn out too long, or the audio out of balance but hopefully the entrants will learn for the next year. Took a look at the pros and cons about the time length and find that the best solution in my own opinion is to have a scale.(mentioned previously in referance to wondercon)
If the max people in an entry is 12, then the best compramise for both camps is:
(example)
Walk ons 1:00
1-2 People 1:30
3-5 People 2:00
6-8 People 2:30
9-12 People 3:00
There are not too many large groups, but more medium ones keeping the time average for most groups 2-2:30, while allowing the people with a smaller group to not "drag on".

LunaNeko

I think best solution would be: Official time limit for skits 2:30  - and anything over that should be pre-approved by masq coordinator. Its up to coordinator to decide if they want to let the group to go over the time limit - if its a group with the history of good skits - sure, why not? If its someone new for the masq  - ask them to provide script for their skit or explain why they need extra time.