Your Hotel Stay 2009

Started by BenihimeSama, May 25, 2009, 09:20:43 PM

How was your hotel stay this year at Fanime!

Totally freaking awesome
21 (27.6%)
Pretty darn good
36 (47.4%)
Eh, it was okay
16 (21.1%)
Man it was bad
2 (2.6%)
Dude, this hotel sucked.
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

BrightHeart76

Love the Hilton.  Just saying.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Lady_Hoshi

stayed at the marriott.  I thank the person who defended the lower floors.  I was on the third floor and usually took the one flight of stairs up and down but sometimes I was in too much pain to do so.  Anyway at the marriott there only 8 rooms on that floor so we could not have added that much to the elevator traffic.  I for one adore the sliding door.  It helps that I stay with  my girlfriend but we also have the rule that if the door is shut it is in use.

I was not charged the deposit this year.  I think it was cause I am a reward card member and made sure to present it.  I did not like that they took away the ability to watch our own things on the tv.  The maids did their jobs if we didn't lag so much(not leaving the room till early afternoon).  There was never enough towels.  2 females were registered for the room but we only ever got 3 bath towels.  The valets always got my car in a timely fashion.

the real negative that brought my vote down was the non-con guests(big guys with big sporting equipment bags and boxes of beer).  apparently on monday they were partying out by the pool.  I came down to see if there where any towels(none all weekend) and one of them came out, tryed to get into the gym(denied due to the late hour) and then ran by me.  On  my way back to my room, I heard a liquid draining sound, at my door I looked back and saw said man coming from ice and vending area and no longer in a hurry.  You guys do the math.  I'm just glad we had our ice for the night already.
Fanime Con 2015 Cosplay:
Fri: Unknown
Sat: Unknown
Sat. night: Panda kigurumi
Sun: Queen Nehelenia (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon)
Mon: Unknown

TC X0 Lt 0X

My stay at the Ramada Limited was quite nice.
I expected it to be much worse from all the reviews I read, but it was very comfortable.
The small walk to the Con was off set by the Continental Breakfast which saved me some money.
A very good deal considering I got it late

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ININ

I stayed at the Marriott.  Overall, my experience was good and I plan to stay at the Marriott in Fanime'10.

The elevators were more friendly this year compared to past years.  Good timing and good luck for me.  Stayed on the 8th floor.  I took the stairs two times.  Not too bad.

I can't comment on the maid service because I didn't want the maids to come in my room.  My room had my cosplays.  The room itself was satisfactory.

This year I parked at the con parking lot.  Last year, I parked at Marriott validation.  I organized my belongings such that I transported the belongings from my car to my hotel room at ease.

Side note:  a few of my friends stayed at the Fairmont.  One of them said the rooms in the Fairmont are the best!!  If you have the money and don't mind the walk, stay in the Fairmont.

Kanameshito

The toilet was god....in a psycotic voice.so My walls were gold I had a suite fuckers fairmont went all the way for my ass,bet they did'nt for u?!Free crap service the best I had a jakoozi with a masoose and everything u know the common things you should have but you dont LOL ...Oh yeah a sony plasma screen and a king size bed the towels were soft and actually clean I loved my stay and They would come in regularly o massage my feet
..And if they were'nt there my boyfriend did it LOL cackles O///O But yeah how was your stay just like mine right ..They even fed me A.K.A. T-bone steak and they were prime cut :D Oi the sundays were delictable// :D Oi yeah I only had to pay $800 ..exact ///LOL I love the fairmont oi I was on the rich side ..It was weird everyone else was on opposite side of the hotel except for a few
LOL my building side was prestige the other was ok where some of my friends stayed ..I hope everyone had a great a time as my friends and I did LOL
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kanameshito on July 10, 2009, 03:24:38 PM
The toilet was god....in a psycotic voice.so My walls were gold I had a suite fuckers fairmont went all the way for my ass,bet they did'nt for u?!Free crap service the best I had a jakoozi with a masoose and everything u know the common things you should have but you dont LOL ...Oh yeah a sony plasma screen and a king size bed the towels were soft and actually clean I loved my stay and They would come in regularly o massage my feet
..And if they were'nt there my boyfriend did it LOL cackles O///O But yeah how was your stay just like mine right ..They even fed me A.K.A. T-bone steak and they were prime cut :D Oi the sundays were delictable// :D Oi yeah I only had to pay $800 ..exact ///LOL I love the fairmont oi I was on the rich side ..It was weird everyone else was on opposite side of the hotel except for a few
LOL my building side was prestige the other was ok where some of my friends stayed ..I hope everyone had a great a time as my friends and I did LOL
What did she say?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on July 14, 2009, 04:17:01 PM
What did she say?
TRANSLATOR: Active.
I loved my Toilet. I stayed in a suite at the Fairmont, the staff was very kind to me, were they as kind to you? My suite had a jacuzzi and a massuse, as well as anything else i would need. We had a Plasma Screen tv, like all of the rooms, and a king size bed. the towels were very plush and clean. The staff massuse even massaged my feet. For dinner there were prime-cut T bone steaks and amazing sundaes for dessert. I only had to pay $800, I love the Fairmont, I was on the newer tower, and most of my friends were in the older tower, we all had a great time and hope everyone else did too.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Rhornez

Quote from: Runewitt on July 14, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on July 14, 2009, 04:17:01 PM
What did she say?
TRANSLATOR: Active.
I loved my Toilet. I stayed in a suite at the Fairmont, the staff was very kind to me, were they as kind to you? My suite had a jacuzzi and a massuse, as well as anything else i would need. We had a Plasma Screen tv, like all of the rooms, and a king size bed. the towels were very plush and clean. The staff massuse even massaged my feet. For dinner there were prime-cut T bone steaks and amazing sundaes for dessert. I only had to pay $800, I love the Fairmont, I was on the newer tower, and most of my friends were in the older tower, we all had a great time and hope everyone else did too.
Translator Translated:i did ac slatering on the toilet and wrestled the tank while people were awsome to me i bought steak which was epic win my overall recipt for it all was 800$ and i was on the epic win tower while my friends in the epic fail while at the same time we had Win Plasma Tvs and pedobear plushy towels and i asked some random staff to massagez mah feetz

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

ewu

...stay on topic or this useful thread will be locked and it will be ALL ur fault!:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

I'd like to think the translations helps in reviewing other people's opinions of their hotel stay =P.

Well...at least the first one.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Runewitt

Quote from: Steve.Young on July 16, 2009, 02:11:59 AM
I'd like to think the translations helps in reviewing other people's opinions of their hotel stay =P.

Well...at least the first one.
Thanks Steve. I owe you a cookie.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Charis on June 01, 2009, 11:43:29 AM
Stayed at the Hilton, third floor.  And holy hell, third floor was a huge mistake.  Granted, it was a shitton easier for getting out the last day, but that didn't really make up for other problems.

Hotel itself: fine.  Comfy beds were comfy, minifridge was win, room ... well, I wasn't there a whole lot, but it was okay.  The lighting was a bit fail and annoying (either too bright or too dark), the comfy chair was not that comfy, and the lack of mirrors aside from in the bathroom and on the (terribly poorly illuminated) closet doors made for hell getting dressed.  If it had been more people besides my sister and I, that probably would've been far more annoying than it was, but ... either way, it still vexed.

Elevators, as usual, were fail.  I don't think this revelation surprises anyone, though they were better than the Marriot's.
(We didn't really do stairs during con proper.  My sister is pretty seriously gimpy and I cosplay all of con, usually with corset and some degree of uncomfortable shoe involved, so I'm reluctant to chance the stairs.  I did it at the Marriot once, up four floors, and the breathing hell involved was not fun.)

Parking: I can deal.  Compared to LA parking rates, $18/night isn't that bad, and Hilton still comes out below Marriot even with the lack of parking discounts.  We got a spot a sneeze away from the elevators, too, which was lovely.  Those spots are SMALL, though; I have never been so glad for my Toyota compact before.

Biggest complaint: noise.  I had hoped that the Hilton's remodel would include some degree of noise dampening, but this appears to have not been the case.  Between the kids next door (who I asked repeatedly to keep things down; yes, I'm that bitch), the base beat coming from ... well, maybe the second floor? ... and things like people not modulating voices walking down the hall or slamming doors at ungodly hours of the morning, sleeping proved to be quite a trial.  I know it's too much to hope for common sense and decency, but really, people.  How many times do I have to ask before you'll keep it down?

Next year: Marriot, I think, and not the third floor.  I'll deal with the elevator fail.
I stood on the 7th floor, it was awesome except when someone pulled the fire alarm at 3-ish am Sunday.  After me and the roomies came back from teh dance, we crashed only to be woken up by it.  Everyone from the (forth?) floor up to the topmost floor had to be evacuated via fire escape stairs.
-Sure I had to wait for elevators throughout the con but it wasnt that bad.  The last day was unbelievable though. Last day elevators didnt stop for me at all. Waited 15 min.

mod edit: dance edit

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

AngelicSquid

I stayed at the Marriot and it was amazing!

First we were able to check in early (around noon). All of the staff was extremely nice. We had the most softest beds with lots of pillows. A nice big bathroom. Mini fridge. Valet Parking!

The only downside was the long wait for the elevators, but I think that beats walking outside and across the street to get to your room. Especially if you are like me who gets nervous about walking late at night.

It was also great that I had a hotel connected to fanime. It was what made my parents let me stay in the hotels in the first place since I was 17 then. XD

Lolita_Girl123

Quote from: SSX on May 25, 2009, 11:40:28 PM
"Eh, it was okay"
Stayed at the Marriott this year. Internet was so slow every hour of the day except @ 7am (yay for being able to wake up early). The hotel and staff were extremely nice. I got to check in a little bit early at around 12 on Friday so I was pretty happy about that. Beds are comfy, towels are changed every day, and lots of space in the room. The remote for the television ran out of batteries so it was a bit annoying flipping through the channels manually but I am just nitpicking right now.

The worse part of it was the elevators... Every single time I head up to my room, I feel like I'm going to throw up! I can't believe how immature and juvenile some Fanime goers are! On Saturday evening, while I headed into the elevator on the first floor, these group of ~18 year old got out of the elevator laughing and giggling. I got into the elevator and saw all those buttons lit up. !@#$R!$ER@AR@!R!@R~!@! WTF if the door did not close at that moment, I would've seriously yelled at them like the 3 year olds that they are. I saw the elevator lit up with all the lights a total of 8 times... People need to grow up. Next year, to the people who do this: BEWARE, if I catch you, I will have a little chat with you, and you will wish you never ever even touched the buttons.

4/10 for the Marriott. 9.5/10 if not for the elevator issues.
Thats really sad...