Re-Invite Momoi for Next Year! (2010)

Started by Chun, May 25, 2009, 10:22:29 PM

Chun

Posting this thread before I forget.

Momoi made the con for the lot of us attendees this year, and at autographs at 11AM I was chatting with one of her staff while in line and supposedly if she is invited back again next year they'd definitely come once again.

This is a 364 Day advance request! JUST DO IT!

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

darkknightcecil

Well If anything hasn't come up for her in the future,
then we will probably would invite her again (=.
but anyway yeah this year MusicFest was great and her autograph session was cool .

lyricaldanichan

I am happy that she had a blast (looking at her blog). She really brings the good spirit of Otakudom to fanimecon. I am so happy that we are so lucky to come out and see her fans in the US.

Dare to say she would make a awesome fanimecon mascot! =)

Kimiko

Momoi is so sweet and a bundle of energy. She really brings something to the con, so I agree on inviting her back! I was super sad not to be able to go to Music Fest this year (I thought it was on Sat for some reason).
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Jun-Watarase

You know coming from me and Mikey that we and many other of us fans would LOVE to have Momoi back at Fanime!

Really, because of Momoi, this has made this THE best FanimeCon for a lot of us. P.S. Thank you for a bunch of staff for making many fans, and my dream come true.

The concert was AMAZING. I still feel really sore, but it's wonderful. The energy and joy Momoi has brought to us has been the highlight of many years.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Ramiroth

Does anyone know if her performance at Fanime will be on a DVD?

Tony

Sorry, no... there is a hefty fee involved with recording the show for public broadcast. We asked about it, and it was just too much. If you see something online, it's a bootleg.

(One recording does exist, but it's strictly for archival purposes and is not available to anyone.)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

kollunz

I started an appreciation thread over at the big event forum! Check out the photos I took!!

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12585.msg330433.html#msg330433
doot

deonchan

I have to say this was the most memorable and enjoyable MF from my standpoint that I can ever remember. It was an absolute pleasure meeting Momoi at the end of the concert. She has def been the most energetic performer in the past 3 or so years that I've been involved with MF (as a Rover/Suit)

I love how she connects with her fans and just how the energy feeds off of one another. On a semi related note Momoi fans have to be... no ARE the most RESPECTFUL fans I have EEEEEVER seen at MF!!! There's no way on God's green earth that I would have been okay (from a Safety standpoint)  with letting An Café or Karma Shenjing fans that close (different genre I know but still...)

I do hope she comes back and soon
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Glitch

The concert was awsome. I shouted "I love you" and she responded with the same words. XD
It was cool that she came out with a Fanime t-shirt when she did the encore. I can't wait for her to come back.

Liquid

I was not able to make to the show (as I working the door at B&W) but I have only heard good things about the show that was put on. If she ever makes it back I will be sure to at least make an appearance. She really does sound like a great person and a role model for how con guests should be.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

heeroyuy135

Yes, yes, yes please bring her back next year!
While I wasn't able to make it to the concert Sunday night, I was able to chill with her for a bit during the Monday autograph session. Very awesome moment.

lyricaldanichan

I would like to see her concert before the Masquerade so there will be no conflicts with the B&W ball. There was also a lot of first timers who didn't know she was playing at the civic center. 

I personally would like to thank Kent Keltner for being a big part of getting Momoi and her crew to come to fanimecon. Kent and I have been friends since 1992 and I am happy he got to see her in his home town!  Thank you Kent!!

Pengin-san

You know, I really regretted deciding NOT to go see her.  So if she came back, I would love to see her.  To tell you the truth, what turned me on to her were her fans.  They seemed so authentic and well-spoken (the majority that I spoke to who also made an appearance at my visual kei panel), they just made me excited about the whole Akiba-kei genre.  If she does come back next year, I'll totally be there.  Looked like a lot of fun :3.
I'm hosting a panel this year!  Come check out Visual Kei: More Than Music!  It will be filled with fun, glamor, and sheer awesome music!

Priz

Thanks Dani! Thanks to everyone else here as well, on staff or attendees, for making the effort we all spent worthwhile. A lot of people were involved and I think it was one hell of a con this year.

Right now, I'm just happy we got her locally. If we can do it again - that's great! Otherwise I'm just happy we finally made it happen, after 11 years of chatting about it.

Dracil

Momoi was probably the BEST thing to happen at this con, even though I didn't even know who she was before it.

I also second the suggestion to not have it the same time as the ball.  Maybe Masquerade in the daytime and the ball on one night and the concert on another night?

Also, not the same time as the Yamaga party.  I know if I had to choose between Yamaga and Momoi again next year, I wouldn't even bother with Yamaga. :P

mDuo13

Well, I like Momoi but, y'know, I'm not as crazy over her as some people here and I'd like to continue to see variety in the Japanese guests available next year. I think Momoi should definitely come back, but maybe two years from now or something? Or she could come back next year if she brings a friend in the business. ;)

PyronIkari

Quote from: mDuo13 on May 29, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
Well, I like Momoi but, y'know, I'm not as crazy over her as some people here and I'd like to continue to see variety in the Japanese guests available next year. I think Momoi should definitely come back, but maybe two years from now or something? Or she could come back next year if she brings a friend in the business. ;)

I'm working on it... wwwwwwwwww

Meirin

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 29, 2009, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: mDuo13 on May 29, 2009, 12:16:48 PM

I'm working on it... wwwwwwwwww

Or friends from past projects, AMIRITE?
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Ayanami Rei First Child

I want Momoi back for next year! My schedule ended up where I wasn't able to see her in person, despite how much I love her music! I also wish there was a way to get more of her merchandise, like CDS and DVDs, other then that one DVD from a 2003 concert! Maybe one of her new singles perhaps?

Anyways if you could get her back for next year that would be FANTASTIC! If you can't bring her back, at least bring in more of her merchandise! ^_^