Fanimaid Cafe Feedback 2009 + Thank you!

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 25, 2009, 11:04:06 PM

Jun-Watarase

Hello everyone! It's time for a feedback thread!!!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for our great success this year! Thank you to all my hard-working, enthusiastic, devoted, wonderful wonderful maids, my AWESOME fellow maid cafe staff, and everyone who put so many days (and restless nights) of hard work to make it possible, staff, the awesome rovers who helped us, everyone from Extravaganzas, and fans for all their hard work and support. Thank you so much!

I assure you all that these maids have put in A LOT of hard work, and we hope to see you all again next year! All of our fans, have been wonderful and supportive, and make me feel truly honored to have run the cafe this year. It truly brings me to tears.

And to quote one of our maids, Mei-chan, "I've never been so malnutritioned, busy, yet had so much fun all at the same time. ww Jokes aside, 乙!"

There was never a moment that the cafe was NOT at full capacity. Fanimaid☆LIVE @ Stage Zero had the biggest crowd for a Stage Zero event in Fanime history! We've received so much positive feedback. We have had special guests, overseas fans, many returning customers and supporters, flooded with press, and board members who have claimed Fanimaid Cafe to be THE BEST maid cafe in any American convention. I've had so many people approach me just to thank us for such the huge success.

Also, thank you for all the support, gifts, and water donated from the Rovers! Never have I ever experienced such an amazing part of fandom.

Thank you guys so much. Just, so much.

I hope to hear from all of you soon!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Great improvement from when it was first started back in 07. Make it grow stronger Jun + maids! Gambatte ne!

:3
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Dracil

Though I ended up not going to the cafe itself, I have to say your performance was made of win for:

1) Old school anime (Ranma and Urusei Yatsura)
2) Touhou
3) Nico Nico Douga
4) Momoi + fans doing calls

Magical Senpai

I honestly do not know where to start.

This year's FaniMaid cafe was a completely different experience from the first two years. From the outfits, to the usage of the terms goshujin-sama/ojou-sama, to the careful attention the maids gave to serving the food, to the decor....I just am extremely pleased on how the entire thing was presented. Jun, I know you told me not to expect a full-blown maid cafe experience but what I have seen this past weekend went above and beyond. My girlfriend, my friends, and I wish to express our deepest gratitude to you and the FaniMaid Cafe staff for working so hard and putting a lot of effort into making the FaniMaid Cafe into a not-miss experience at Fanime 2009 and an event to look forward to in future years of Fanime. I will always be a supporter of the FaniMaid cafe. I wish all of you the best of luck in the future!

EDIT: I almost forgot to add that the FaniMaid Live! performance was a wonderful treat. The performances were awesome (and I also loved the dude on the harmonica, was a great addition to the setlist) and seeing Halko Momoi and the Momoists doing callouts and just having fun was great and was one of the things that made my FanimeCon trip awesome!

Chun

The cafe actually did more than the cafe I went to with Malcolm in Japan in terms of performances and interaction (The Honey Honey experience, though it might have just been my language barrier at the time); many performances, which were very authentic looking. I was really impressed, and it was too bad during my time no one else joined in with the clapping and fist pounding bits.

I really can't think of anything that pointed outward or struck me as odd; the maids I was given were also very friendly and receptive.

In other words,

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

PrincessCake

the food was good! though I think there should be better labels. UM!!! The maids were adorable! Especially the one I had, she has brown hair with braces. she was so cute!

I'm definately going to try out next year!!!!
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

idontknow

i can't really say much about fanimaid itself cause my boyfriend and i weren't able to attend. why? we were in line waiting for awhile hoping to get a fruit tart. but as soon as we got to the register we found out that they ran out of fruit tart. i know it would destroy the sign if you simply just crossed off "fruit tart" off the menu but it would've been nice to have a post-its covering it up or saying "sold out" right next to it. it would've saved us a lot of time doing something else besides waiting in line for nothing

other than that, from what i saw, the maids looked really cute :D usually places like hotels and convention centers doesn't permit outside food but if it's possible you guys should add more to the menu.

Long

I didn't go, but I saw the maids around, and they looked cute.

Tony

The head maid was a total jerk!

All she did was wait on me, the chair team, and our guests; recommend delicious food; bring out our meal; politely prepare the table, even opening our water bottles for us; check in on us at well-timed intervals; and have Kazuko politely entertain us by drawing super-cute pictures. And the whole time she was hiding the stress of managing the cafe and performances at Stage Zero. It was completely unlike anything I would expect at an anime convention, and I will have words with her.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

rude32

This is my first experience with a maid cafe, and I really enjoyed it. The games were really fun to play, everyone looked great in their maid outfits, and the food was awesome. I will definetely be coming back next year.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

PyronIkari

Quote from: Tony on May 26, 2009, 10:38:07 AM

All she did was wait on me, the chair team, and our guests; recommend delicious food; bring out our meal; politely prepare the table, even opening our water bottles for us; check in on us at well-timed intervals; and have Kazuko politely entertain us by drawing super-cute pictures. And the whole time she was hiding the stress of managing the cafe and performances at Stage Zero. It was completely unlike anything I would expect at an anime convention, and I will have words with her.

I agree, she was a total jerk. So was her 2nd, that guy with the huge thighs that did all the work arranging schedules, music, arranging times, calling all the maids and helping things run, that guy was a super jerk with super thighs.

Both of them also did horrible things like train and talk to the maids on an almost daily basis to make sure they had a strong confident hold on their duties.

UsakoMinako

Maid Cafe was soooooooooo FUN. It was hard for me personally to be served because when the maids are so nice all i want to do is serve THEM! Usagi was my maid and I could tell from standing way back in line that she really had a magic in her. ^_^ I felt very happy after a looooooooooooong stressful weekend!

Kimiko

Already MUCH better than last year! I almost didn't get in though because we came 10 min before it was closing and they were supposed to close off the line, but we got in before they did.. I almost cried! Thankfully the nice guy let us in because I had my daughters and I especially wanted to have my friend be my maid. And she was! And she was the best! Of course I am probably being biased here, being that she's my friend and all, but considering she lived in Japan and experienced these things, I think she was right on the money :D Thanks for making us and my girls very happy. A nice ending to a great weekend before going home *sob*
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

Liquid

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 26, 2009, 10:44:41 AM

I agree, she was a total jerk. So was her 2nd, that guy with the huge thighs that did all the work arranging schedules, music, arranging times, calling all the maids and helping things run, that guy was a super jerk with super thighs.

Both of them also did horrible things like train and talk to the maids on an almost daily basis to make sure they had a strong confident hold on their duties.

Not to mention the horrible Rover staff who were rudely standing inside Maid Cafe not allowing people to be mean, come in through the back, or even to take unauthorized pictures. Plus, their awful staff gave their own water to incredibly cute maids. I mean, talk about your power trips.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

tenton

The maid cafe was a great experience; I had a lot of fun there. I had a ton of fun at the maids' performance on Stage Zero. Thanks to all the maids that were there to help make the experience great. Thanks to Jun for helping us unwrap glowsticks on Sunday morning.

Mr. Wendell

Total jerks!  They made the maids break down and cry during the Fanimaid☆LIVE @ Stage Zero !

All those maids did was go up on our Stage, and perform wonderful performances, all in front of Momoi Halko, and when they were done, went to the side, and bawled tears!

Tears!  Tears, I say!  Tears, knowing that they performed so well, and they were happy and relieved that they did so well in front of everyone at Stage Zero!

Other than that, that Stu guy is cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Kazuko

waah I was one of those maids that cried after the performance (///A///) performing in front of momoi is a dream and shes so sweet

@Tony: aww I am very glad you liked the drawings I drew c:

I would like to say as one of the Maids who worked at the Maid Cafe this year, a big THANK YOU have to go to all of you goshujinsama and Ojousama who came to our cafe and kept coming back even bringing friends!!

Also Thank you to all who came to Fanimaid☆LIVE  at stage Zero It was awesome to perform in front of so many people (yet I was so nervous and scared)

Thank you all so much for your support and see you all again!!

<3 Kazuko

PoisonFish

The maid cafe was a great success and I look forward to next year.

Mizuki

Jun and my lack of sleep since that Wednesday really paid off, it seemed as if Momoi's being at the con seemed to fuel our sleepless bodies to make the cafe and the performance such great events, but there was also the maids who helped run this thing, and without them it wouldn't have been as great as it would have been without these set of maids. There was also Mikey who helped things run when Jun was unavailable, and there was Robin, even though he was never physically there at the cafe, he did everything web based for the cafe, helping our maids to be the best they could be.

Now it's time to make up for the lack of sleep for the past week.

ewu

Quote from: Liquid on May 26, 2009, 03:43:26 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 26, 2009, 10:44:41 AM

Not to mention the horrible Rover staff who were rudely standing inside Maid Cafe not allowing people to be mean, come in through the back, or even to take unauthorized pictures. Plus, their awful staff gave their own water to incredibly cute maids. I mean, talk about your power trips.

Lets fire them all.....but that Fanservice guy....i like what he does
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom