Fanimaid Cafe Feedback 2009 + Thank you!

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 25, 2009, 11:04:06 PM

Yomi

Quote from: Autolooper on May 31, 2009, 09:38:19 PM
Fanime Con 2009 had so much going on that I was constantly rushing from one event to another. I'm glad that I managed to find a small gap of time to eat at the Fanimaid Café, where I managed to catch the performance and I got a very nice maid who was very patient with my poor origami skills and the 3 items I ordered. ^_^;

Oh yeah, I haven't had time to keep up on message boards so I'm not sure where to post links to uploaded pictures and videos here, but I figured this is appropriate enough. I just finished uploading all the performances from the Fanimaid Café Stage Zero performance on Saturday! http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=763E837B9E7C379C

I also recorded the Sunday café performance, but I still have to finish uploading the rest of Saturday, including the masquerade.

Thank you very much for uploading all the videos! On stage, we couldn't pay much attention to what was happening around us because we were so nervous(>_<) It's nice to hear all the cheers and supports from the audience and seeing Momo-i enjoying our performance(≧∀≦)

Seiyuu

The maids were all so beautiful that my friends and I shed tears on the ride home later that day because we weren't as cute and talented. > ^ < I really wish I got to see the performance as well, but I came over right when they were all exiting. ;_____;

Jidai Geki

Quote from: UsakoMinako on May 26, 2009, 10:52:09 AM
Maid Cafe was soooooooooo FUN. It was hard for me personally to be served because when the maids are so nice all i want to do is serve THEM! Usagi was my maid and I could tell from standing way back in line that she really had a magic in her. ^_^ I felt very happy after a looooooooooooong stressful weekend!

Jun-san,
   Great job coordinating Fanimaid cafe... I too had Usagi as my maid and her service was exemplary.  I've had very little experience with maid cafes, and Usagi made me feel comfortable.  When she made a little heart shape with her hands and smiled... well, it was moe to the max.  Please ask her to return for 2010...

Onigaishimasu! < Forehead resting on the floor >

Side Note:
Sailor Moon 1,
   Thanks for abducting me from the Dealer's Hall for 7-hours...(^_^)

Eri Kagami

I would like a clarification.

Were there reservations this year or were there no reservations this year?

DentyneIce408

LOL it was the best, but you should of atleast let the customers give the maids the tip. We tried doing it and she said we can't. But she served us and had a really good time with her. It's only proper in cafe's to tip the maid/waitress right? My friend turned red when he tried to tip the maid and got rejected, he was so embarressed hahaha. Yeah, we had a great time.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

jemz

Quote from: DentyneIce408 on June 02, 2009, 11:27:10 AM
LOL it was the best, but you should of atleast let the customers give the maids the tip. We tried doing it and she said we can't. But she served us and had a really good time with her. It's only proper in cafe's to tip the maid/waitress right? My friend turned red when he tried to tip the maid and got rejected, he was so embarressed hahaha. Yeah, we had a great time.

We cannot accept any money because it is against our contract with Centerplate and the convention center.

I am glad that you had a wonderful time. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

PyronIkari

As Jemz said, cannot except tips, breaks contract if we do.

Reservations were being taken prior to opening(you had to give a decent heads up) and at meetings for the con prior to the start of the con.  Next year, I blelieve it'll be the same. At meetings you can make reservations. Staff and press were allowed to make reservations anytime(atleast I allowed them to) but they had to give atleast 4 hours prior warning unless I could somehow find an open spot.

Eri Kagami

Even as press, they still denied reservation. I attempted to make a reservation on Saturday morning just as everything was about to be set up (half an hour to opening). I would appreciate clearer communication regarding reservations and other procedures.

Unfortunately, I live in the Los Angeles area, therefore, I cannot make the meetings (as much as I'd like to attend and give me insight. I love Fanime.)

PyronIkari

Quote from: White Rose Assassin on June 02, 2009, 11:49:08 AM
Even as press, they still denied reservation. I attempted to make a reservation on Saturday morning just as everything was about to be set up (half an hour to opening). I would appreciate clearer communication regarding reservations and other procedures.

Unfortunately, I live in the Los Angeles area, therefore, I cannot make the meetings (as much as I'd like to attend and give me insight. I love Fanime.)

About a week or so before fanime, E-mail the maidcafe at [email protected] Saturday morning was kind of hecticand we weren't sure when we were opening, so that was why we couldn't take reservations. Sunday we took a few. Sorry about that, but yor best way is to e-mail about a week before the con.

sailor moon1

Quote from: Jidai Geki on June 01, 2009, 09:42:26 PM
Quote from: UsakoMinako on May 26, 2009, 10:52:09 AM
Maid Cafe was soooooooooo FUN. It was hard for me personally to be served because when the maids are so nice all i want to do is serve THEM! Usagi was my maid and I could tell from standing way back in line that she really had a magic in her. ^_^ I felt very happy after a looooooooooooong stressful weekend!

Jun-san,
   Great job coordinating Fanimaid cafe... I too had Usagi as my maid and her service was exemplary.  I've had very little experience with maid cafes, and Usagi made me feel comfortable.  When she made a little heart shape with her hands and smiled... well, it was moe to the max.  Please ask her to return for 2010...

Onigaishimasu! < Forehead resting on the floor >

Side Note:
Sailor Moon 1,
   Thanks for abducting me from the Dealer's Hall for 7-hours...(^_^)

:'( (happy cry) I can only say that I was and I am still honored to have served you both I hope that your day at fanime was as wonderful as mine was I spending time and serving ojosama and shujin sama ^_^. If jun-san allows me again I will definetely come back next year .
心から本当にありがとうございます。 :) ( from inside my heart thank you)
usagi

Mizuki

Well, next year everything will be sorted out, as it won't be our first time. Usually within a week of the cafe, we will allow regular attendees to reserve a time slot for the maid cafe. I apologize for the semi-unorganized beginning on Saturday, as we had to finish a lot of last minute things that very morning. Since I will most likely be in charge of pre-con reservations (again) I will give the heads up when it is allowed to reserve.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuki on June 03, 2009, 06:19:25 PM
Since I will most likely be in charge of pre-con reservations (again) I will give the heads up when it is allowed to reserve.

Hey, you're the one who was whining about how you felt useless because I didn't give anything for you to do. :P

But yes. Reservations were actually initially for staff only. As it is only a 2-day event, taking too many reservations becomes difficult to manage the trafficking in and out of the cafe. We may have an option up for the week before Fanime ONLINE to make reservations, but taking reservations at the convention itself would be too messy.

If it were a commercial cafe that ran on a daily basis, it'd be different, but since it's a 2-day event at a popular convention, and now that we know that there will be seldom a moment where the cafe IS NOT full, reservations will be relatively limited on put up as a first-come-first-serve basis.

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 03, 2009, 08:03:31 PM
Hey, you're the one who was whining about how you felt useless because I didn't give anything for you to do. :P

I didn't feel useless when we were there at Wed... I did feel tired however!

Anna

=) Thank you everyone who came and supported maid cafe this year!

PoisonFish

Lucifargundam

I wanted to go but the line was too long...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Jerry

Quote from: Anna on June 08, 2009, 12:27:21 AM
_insert massive maid group picture here_

=) Thank you everyone who came and supported maid cafe this year!

and to think we had so many maids this year. it almost looks like a high school panoramic picture just for maids. :D

Looking forward to Maid Cafe 2010 and beyond.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ruby19_4

I ddint get a chance to be there. *cry*. All those maids looks so cute. Well I was by myself anyway and the line was long. Actually I was hoping to post the time of the fanimaid up, so we know when its open. thx.

PyronIkari

Quote from: ruby19_4 on June 21, 2009, 08:25:41 AM
I ddint get a chance to be there. *cry*. All those maids looks so cute. Well I was by myself anyway and the line was long. Actually I was hoping to post the time of the fanimaid up, so we know when its open. thx.

There was a sign actually, it was open from 11am-6pm, but on both days there were difficulties causing the cafe to open around 12pm.

ruby19_4

I know. The sign is outside the fanimaid, which I notice when I got there. I hope I could make it next year.