Hetalia ~Axis Power~ Gathering 2011

Started by KyraEnsui, May 26, 2009, 09:17:56 AM

KyraEnsui

Quote from: kannazuki on June 04, 2010, 10:19:29 PM
@Kyra:  Maybe we could have it at a later/earlier time, so it's not so hot?  I think everyone except the Seychelles cosplayers were burning in their outfits x_____X

It was unexpectedly hot and sunny. I will put into consideration when I post up another thread. Thank you for this suggestion!

chibi*H A N A T S U K I

Although I wasn't one of the cosplayers, I really enjoyed watching the Gathering (despite the sudden hot weather)~
Good job you guys ;D

I plan on being Belarus next year, LOL~ (Be prepared, Russias! >;D)
Hope to see you all :3

Sora

Next year, I'm going as England, while my Naru is doing America.
"Don't give me any orders."

heeroyuy135

I'm hoping to see more Philippines next year!

Somebody

To be honest, I hope next year I'll be able to hang out with more Hetalia cosplayers outside of the gathering! It's so cool to hang in a group but when you're the only Hetalia cosplayer among your friends it's kinda lame. Also I was hoping to take pics with the other characters but didn't outside of the gathering. T_T

Looking desperately for that Shinatty-chan too. xD ~
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

shy-cosplayer

Will this be the thread for 2011? If so, I plan on being either America or England! *Can't decide XD* Okay, I'm definitley coming as either drag!England or pirate!England =D

Alyxiane

(I kind of already made a post about it but to make it official...)
This is Taiwan reporting and will likely wear her regular outfit to my first gathering. If not, then a Gakuen version since I'll be making that over the summer due to convenience (I have another con at early August and the standard Gakuen girls uniform is simple enough for me to get done by that time...).

I'll possibly also have a China and Japan with me but that's still pending. :P

---
Hmm. I'm not necessarily too picky about the time. Either Saturday or Sunday would be ideal in terms of which day will it be. But as far as I know, I'll be prepared having a parasol and/or fan if the hot weather turns up at any time. ahaha :'D

I kind of also wanna help out a little with the gathering if anyone's willing to let me. I got plenty of free time in my hands. (Or at least I think so.) hehehe *sweat* >.>;
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Alyxiane on June 15, 2010, 01:00:46 PM
This is Taiwan reporting and will likely wear her regular outfit to my first gathering. If not, then a Gakuen version since I'll be making that over the summer due to convenience (I have another con at early August and the standard Gakuen girls uniform is simple enough for me to get done by that time...).

---
Hmm. I'm not necessarily too picky about the time. Either Saturday or Sunday would be ideal in terms of which day will it be. But as far as I know, I'll be prepared having a parasol and/or fan if the hot weather turns up at any time. ahaha :'D

I kind of also wanna help out a little with the gathering if anyone's willing to let me. I got plenty of free time in my hands. (Or at least I think so.) hehehe *sweat* >.>;

I don't mind the help at all. I have this bad tendency to arrive late for the gathering and yet, early enough to check-in for the gathering.

ice queen

Just about any time is good hear unless it conflicts with the KH gathering I'm thinking of joining. But awesome to see this will be there next year. I'm so going as China.
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

tigris cantus

Yay!  Hetalia meetup thread! :DDD

I was Austrian Succession Hungary on Saturday and Sunday and maid Hungary on Friday..  I had a big Hungarian flag on Sat/Sun so you probably saw me running around lol xDD

IT WAS SO FUN.  Can't wait until next year!   There was so many Hetalia cosplayers.   So awesome! :D
we're only gonna die from our own arrogance and so we might as well take our time.

Alyxiane

Quote from: KyraEnsui on June 15, 2010, 01:29:00 PM
Quote from: Alyxiane on June 15, 2010, 01:00:46 PM

---

I don't mind the help at all. I have this bad tendency to arrive late for the gathering and yet, early enough to check-in for the gathering.
Heh. As long as I have other people to help along with me, I'll be gladly to. ('Cause who the hell would only listen to a little girl like me? ... No really. Check my age. I'll shock myself for actually going through with something like this by myself 'cause I'm just an awkward girl who daydreams a lot. O_o;; )

Somebody

Ha ha no worries, I'm sure if help is needed you'll get plenty of offers. :P It's much too far in advance for me to say whether I could even consider being able to help out, but if I can when the time comes I'd be delighted to.

Also, Aly, don't fret-I think I've seen younger :P. On top of that when I got here I panicked because I was so much younger than everyone else (or sobi thought, at least) but as long as you are intelligent (intelligent as in being capable of learning and thinking a moment before speaking, er writing in our case) people here tend not to mind, and the majority I've met are quite friendly. Although I keep my age unposted, I probably have little right to talk because if I was local like you, we'd probably go to school together xD. Phew bad run-ons there -.-'
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Alyxiane

Quote from: Somebody on June 16, 2010, 08:58:56 AMAlso, Aly, don't fret-I think I've seen younger :P. On top of that when I got here I panicked because I was so much younger than everyone else (or sobi thought, at least) but as long as you are intelligent (intelligent as in being capable of learning and thinking a moment before speaking, er writing in our case) people here tend not to mind, and the majority I've met are quite friendly. Although I keep my age unposted, I probably have little right to talk because if I was local like you, we'd probably go to school together xD. Phew bad run-ons there -.-'
Haha ok. I always imagine people being like, " ... You're THAT young?? O_o" when it comes to me telling them my age. But hey, as long as they acknowledge my intellect more than anything else around here, then I have no problems. :] I do kind of have to remind myself that there's the chance of personally knowing at least a couple people here in real life. haha. I already know several that goes to Fanime whenever they can. I just don't know if they frequent the forums as much as I do or even decide on doing any of this stuff...

But since this is a gathering thread specifically, let me say that next year shall be even more exciting and boatloads of fun! 'Cause I'll be there this time. bwahaha! *bricked*

ICosplayNeji

Aw, I was sad that I missed this year's APH Gathering! The Naruto one was at the same time :'( I plan to be there at the APH gathering next year though as China ;D

Gwydion

Can I suggest that the people posing for pictures are NOT in the bright sunlight next time? In 2009, posing was up against the wall of the Con center, where it's far more shaded. It was more comfortable to pose there than to do it on the hot concrete out in the middle of the yard.

yukiko_no_niwa

I'm really bound and set to be Hungary in 2011. I already agreed to attend another gathering, so whether or not I'll be able to come to this one depends on when it'll be.
Past:
CC [Code Geass]
Lightning (B&W Ball) [FF XIII]
2012:
Sice [FF Type-0]

ice queen

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on June 18, 2010, 08:26:28 PM
Aw, I was sad that I missed this year's APH Gathering! The Naruto one was at the same time :'( I plan to be there at the APH gathering next year though as China ;D

yay another China cosplayer! We shall be united! So long as their no russia's or south korea's around =P
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

kyashiidreams

I enjoyed the 2010 Gathering so much! (I wasn't part of it though) It's been confirmed that I'll be attending as a Belarus for 2011~ And have a cutely petrified Russia in tow~ :3 Or a unawesomly heroic Al... he has yet to decide! :) Can't wait to see all the cosplays in '11~

MaruChan

In 2011 I had to pull a dress out of my closet that was teal and bring a papa France doll and red ribbons, and I was Seychelles. ^^ 2011 was hecka fun! I enjoyed the Hetalia ending theme playing while us cosplayers sang along. I'm still trying to figure out who I'll be for sure, I'm making TWO hetalia cosplays already (Belarus and Austrian Succession Prussia) so I'll probably get back to you on that. But I'll for sure be able to attend! I bet anything, with the dub set for september, it will be larger.
world meeting:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUQfJ7xfME

italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqhY0yvF6s&feature=PlayList&p=743D6CE3B4156B9A

russia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoeCZf9zc1A&NR=1

germany: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmN22hduQ4&feature=related

england:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6gyYMUESE&feature=channel
china and japan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HhOkqwrAM&feature=channel

well heres an idea, more are in related videos.^^

If cosplaying was life, I would be so many nationalities and ages.

lupo

The gathering was so much fun, even though the weather was steaming. I have a China cosplay and Now i have a Fantasia!Germany Cosplay. I was wondering if anyone else out there has a fantasia cosplay and wanted to maybe do a quick skit together. I only saw a Hong Kong Fantasia cosplayer in the 2010 gathering. = (
Fanime 2011 cosplays:
Anbu-Naruto
Canada-APH
China- APH
Fantasia!Germany- APH
Shinra: Durarara!!